Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

have the Deftones (finally) sold out?

Started by ltd_viper, Nov 01, 2006, 02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northcal

R.I.P Deftones 1995-2003 after S/T

iceache

No. Deftones couldn't sell out a venue if they tried.

Romain

digital bath

cvthedrv

Quote from: digital bath on Mar 11, 2014, 08:41 PM
Quote from: Romain on Mar 11, 2014, 08:22 PM
Chino now has, yeah.

and why??

just see an interview and think about all the bullshit that he talks.

digital bath

Quote from: cvthedrv on Mar 11, 2014, 11:45 PM
Quote from: digital bath on Mar 11, 2014, 08:41 PM
Quote from: Romain on Mar 11, 2014, 08:22 PM
Chino now has, yeah.

and why??

just see an interview and think about all the bullshit that he talks.

Ok that's true, but there are hundreds of interviews and on some point you can't except that he or anybody else always talks "non" bullshit.
And if it's really true, that someone is selling out just because he talks bullshit, half of the active users here would be sold out.

DeftonesNZ

Most interviews aren't done by fans so the questions are all the same hence Chino always gives the same answers, you kind of see his eyes glaze over when he gets asked about how they wrote the albumfor the billionth time watch some more unorthodox interviews like those dunlop ones where the questions are new and you can see him actively getting involved, Also there is a reason why these guys are so well respected by their peers they've managed to stay relevant whilst keeping a unique sound throughout their career just because some of their new stuff is more radio friendly it doesn't mean they've sold out the sonic textures and genres they cover is awesome, yeah they have simple songs like Swerve City but that songs not meant to be complex it's designed to be one of those live bangers thats easy to sing along to and gets the crowd pumping.

III

Ok. Would you rather they were just not popular at all and that they only toured in california because they weren't noticed very much? Being a successful person does not mean selling out. Wasn't the whole thing with Back to School that they got sooo close to selling out (which is White Pony Era) that they just decided to go and make self-titled which is a record that makes you feel depressed as hell.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: ltd_viper on Nov 01, 2006, 02:07 AM
Ok. this is an honest question...there is no punch line at the end!

This is my opinion, so even though Im gonna get 1,000,000 little Chino lovers complaining that Im tone def and that im an egg, but i honestly think that they've sold out/past their use by date/gone to shit

I just want to discuss. they're not pushing the envelope in regards to music, it's like they've found a style that they're comfortable with and haven't moved from it.

I was really dissapointed with SLW...there are some wicked ideas on it, but they weren't explored enough.

Im an original Deftones fan (saw them WWWWWAAAAAAYYYY back in 98 with about 50 other people), so don't bash me or i'll find you and french you!!!!

WTF IS SLW? AND IF YOUR A FAN, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT'S DEFTONES. NOT THE DEFTONES. AND CALL ME A FANBOY IF YOU LIKE BUT I CAN'T REMMEMBER WHEN ONE OF THE GUYS SAID SOMETHING LIKE "YEAH ME AND MY BAND"THE DEFTONES" NO MOTHERFUCKERS IS JUST DEFTONES. ONE WORD. A BRAND. A GENRE ON THEIR OWN. THATS THE ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS BAND, DEFTONES IS ITS OWN GENRE/SUBGENRE AND STYLE.
IE PEOPLE DONT SAY "THE AUDIOSLAVE" OR - I LIKE "THE RAMMSTEIN". ITS JUST (INSERT BAND HERE)
FUCKIN A- I MEAN HOW MANY OF YOU LIKE "THE CROSSES"? EXACTLY IT IS REALLY ††† !.
AND FINALLY IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE SOLD OUT, COME ON MAN GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR ROCK, IF THEY'VE SOLD OUT THEN THIER RECORD SALES AND SHOW SALES ARE WAY BELOW WHAT THEY NEED TO BE. THEY HAVE NOT "SOLD OUT" - DEFTONES IS AN AQUIRED TASTE YOU EITHER HATE OR LOVE THEM, PEOPLE LIKE YOU , WHO TRY TO STAY IN THE MIDDLE GROUND, NEUTRAL AND AMBIGIOUS TO WHICH ALBUMS YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ARE NOT FANS, JUST PEOPLE WHO LIKE ROCK MUSIC. NOT  THAT THAT IS BAD.

WHEN CHINO STARTS COVERING SHIT LIKE VOLBEAT AND THE OFFSPRING IS WHEN YOU KNOW THEY'VE SOLD OUT. HELL I BET CHINO WOULD RIP HIS OWN VOCAL CHORDS OUT BEFORE DOING ANY OF THAT.

KEFLAM!

cvthedrv

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Mar 19, 2014, 03:44 AM
Quote from: ltd_viper on Nov 01, 2006, 02:07 AM
Ok. this is an honest question...there is no punch line at the end!

This is my opinion, so even though Im gonna get 1,000,000 little Chino lovers complaining that Im tone def and that im an egg, but i honestly think that they've sold out/past their use by date/gone to shit

I just want to discuss. they're not pushing the envelope in regards to music, it's like they've found a style that they're comfortable with and haven't moved from it.

I was really dissapointed with SLW...there are some wicked ideas on it, but they weren't explored enough.

Im an original Deftones fan (saw them WWWWWAAAAAAYYYY back in 98 with about 50 other people), so don't bash me or i'll find you and french you!!!!

WTF IS SLW? AND IF YOUR A FAN, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT IT'S DEFTONES. NOT THE DEFTONES. AND CALL ME A FANBOY IF YOU LIKE BUT I CAN'T REMMEMBER WHEN ONE OF THE GUYS SAID SOMETHING LIKE "YEAH ME AND MY BAND"THE DEFTONES" NO MOTHERFUCKERS IS JUST DEFTONES. ONE WORD. A BRAND. A GENRE ON THEIR OWN. THATS THE ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS BAND, DEFTONES IS ITS OWN GENRE/SUBGENRE AND STYLE.
IE PEOPLE DONT SAY "THE AUDIOSLAVE" OR - I LIKE "THE RAMMSTEIN". ITS JUST (INSERT BAND HERE)
FUCKIN A- I MEAN HOW MANY OF YOU LIKE "THE CROSSES"? EXACTLY IT IS REALLY ††† !.
AND FINALLY IF YOU THINK THEY HAVE SOLD OUT, COME ON MAN GO BACK TO UNDER YOUR ROCK, IF THEY'VE SOLD OUT THEN THIER RECORD SALES AND SHOW SALES ARE WAY BELOW WHAT THEY NEED TO BE. THEY HAVE NOT "SOLD OUT" - DEFTONES IS AN AQUIRED TASTE YOU EITHER HATE OR LOVE THEM, PEOPLE LIKE YOU , WHO TRY TO STAY IN THE MIDDLE GROUND, NEUTRAL AND AMBIGIOUS TO WHICH ALBUMS YOU LIKE AND DISLIKE ARE NOT FANS, JUST PEOPLE WHO LIKE ROCK MUSIC. NOT  THAT THAT IS BAD.

WHEN CHINO STARTS COVERING SHIT LIKE VOLBEAT AND THE OFFSPRING IS WHEN YOU KNOW THEY'VE SOLD OUT. HELL I BET CHINO WOULD RIP HIS OWN VOCAL CHORDS OUT BEFORE DOING ANY OF THAT.

KEFLAM!

deftones covering a volbeat or a the offspring song would be even like a weird joke, but chino recently played with slash, jimi hendrix's foxy lady song, i know jimi is a master of rock but to me that's the weirdest thing in the history of the collabs of chino.