Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

latest concert you've been to

Started by goldpony, Oct 04, 2007, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battle-Axe

I just got in about half an hour ago from seeing Meshuggah and it was absolutely fucking AWESOME :D

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Sep 10, 2008, 03:06 AM
I just got in about half an hour ago from seeing Meshuggah and it was absolutely fucking AWESOME :D

NICE!!! saw them a few month sago with Dillinger Escape Plan in Germany before I moved out to Orlando.

who else played?

YOU! Cake or DEATH??? - Eddie Izzard

GooniesNeverSayDie

I just saw Horse The Band and HeavyHeavyLowLow (and So Many Dynamos) last night at the Backbooth in Orlando. I hadn't seen either bands in over a year, so I was uber-excited. and I was not disappointed, they were both AMAZING! danny has more terrible tattoos, robbie was his usually awesome self on stage and Horse The Band were their usual asshole-selves on stage as well!

perfect show!!!

that tour is still going on for a while, so make sure you go catch a show, if you can. it's only like $10-$12!

Battle-Axe

Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Sep 13, 2008, 03:20 AM

NICE!!! saw them a few month sago with Dillinger Escape Plan in Germany before I moved out to Orlando.

who else played?

Yea I remember you saying! Trigger The Bloodshed supported them but I wasn't really into em :/

I also don't understand why TTB's drummer plays a Roland V-Drum kick BEHIND an acoustic kick instead of just using the V-Drum or triggers. Doesn't make sense really :P

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Sep 13, 2008, 09:54 PM
Quote from: GooniesNeverSayDie on Sep 13, 2008, 03:20 AM

who else played?

Yea I remember you saying! Trigger The Bloodshed supported them but I wasn't really into em :/

I also don't understand why TTB's drummer plays a Roland V-Drum kick BEHIND an acoustic kick instead of just using the V-Drum or triggers. Doesn't make sense really :P

does he play them both or just the acoustic? I know a few drummer who like the e-drums, but don't like the sound of electronic kicks, no matter how much you EQ them. maybe that's why he decided to have a regular miced up (miked??? how the heck do you spell that? ) kick along with the rest of the roland-v?

btw, if you ever wanted to see a 5 year old drum genius on the roland v, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9aWPu2CsY

Battle-Axe

He had a full acousic kit except for his snare was an electric one, and he had the electric kick drum just behind his acoustic one O__o Far as I could tell, it was either to make it look like he was actually playing the acoustic [though it clearly wasn't miced or triggered] or it's just for aesthetics. Either way, the acoustic kick was a waste of space cos their vocalist literally had about 2 feet of room at the front of the stage inbetween 2 monitors :P

GooniesNeverSayDie

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Sep 14, 2008, 01:22 AM
He had a full acousic kit except for his snare was an electric one, and he had the electric kick drum just behind his acoustic one O__o Far as I could tell, it was either to make it look like he was actually playing the acoustic [though it clearly wasn't miced or triggered] or it's just for aesthetics. Either way, the acoustic kick was a waste of space cos their vocalist literally had about 2 feet of room at the front of the stage inbetween 2 monitors :P

lol straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange!

Battle-Axe

Haha I know huh?

Anyway, went to see a local band called I-DEF-I last night. Pretty cool show, and they played a brand new song they'd never played before :)

lithium

went out to girl in a coma last night, pretty cool show. went to it with low expectations, came out pretty blown away.
💩

devilinside

Quote from: lithium on Sep 28, 2008, 07:04 PM
went out to girl in a coma last night, pretty cool show. went to it with low expectations, came out pretty blown away.

Blown by all they gayfers??

Zevaka

http://flickr.com/photos/nickandr/2935533018/

yesterday i saw xiu xiu
and to be honest it sucked. not that music was bad, no, it was good

but they started only @ 22:00. they played less than one hour, and they all looked like they wanted to stop and leave as soon as possible
set list was weird, didn't play "i broke up", "fox and rabbits", "i luv the valley" and other good stuff.

and crowd sucked, too

oh maan...

Battle-Axe

Went and saw my friend's band play again on thursday and it was awesome. I was high as fuck and not drunk for a change, and then I ended up onstage with them screaming my tits off for their last song. Good times :]

Nailec

pelican in berlin some weeks ago. it sucked so much. i was lucky i could enjoy torche before them. pelican just disappointed me ecause of the songs  they played.

lithium

saw thrice last night, the set was really short, but it was pretty good.

i'm not into their older stuff, but the vhiessu and alchemy index songs were awesome.

felt out of place as i was surrounded by youngins.

edit: the music playing before the 1st band and thrice was all deftones. i also got the setlist.
💩

White Pwny

I haven't seen a show in a year.   It has sucked bigtime.

3 weeks til TRUSTcompany!    I cannot wait.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

neutron liar

haha, cool pic.

I finally saw the Beastie Boys last night.  Every fucking song rocked.

Battle-Axe

I saw Profane for like the 8th time on saturday night and it was absolutely amazing. Played 5 songs from their first album then they played 5 new songs one after the other and it was a fuckin good turn out too! It's nice seeing a local band getting bigger :]

maestro416

I just got back from seeing Dredg in NYC.  Great show, and they played a couple new songs - handful of videos on my youtube including 2 of the new songs:

www.youtube.com/maestro416

13hourstoparadise