Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rap/Hip-Hop

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 05, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyNo.9

Quote from: ben on Mar 22, 2011, 07:14 PM
But man I'm really getting into OFWGKTA.  They have a legitimate chance to become this generation's Wu-tang Clan.

Only checked them out because I was hearing a lot of praise here. I'm glad I did, really good shit. It had me looking at Sweatshirt Earl and Tyler the creator. I now have faith in contemporary rap. Thanks

bright lights, big city

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 07, 2011, 03:17 AM
But man I'm really getting into OFWGKTA.  They have a legitimate chance to become this generation's Wu-tang Clan.

Only checked them out because I was hearing a lot of praise here. I'm glad I did, really good shit. It had me looking at Sweatshirt Earl and Tyler the creator. I now have faith in contemporary rap. Thanks
check out Frank Ocean's new one too. Not really rap, but REALLY good music.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Listened to swim good and novacane I like it. Whats the new one called?

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

BillyNo.9

Yeah man just listened to most of it :P  We all try is pretty good too

theis

samson simpson

that is the future of music

Crazylegs

That guy is on another level.

samson simpson

Quote from: E-Money on May 07, 2011, 02:42 AM
Quote from: ben on May 05, 2011, 03:10 PM
And Ben comes in to say he didn't like it...whoops.

Really man?  What about it did u not like?  

imo the album is more hype than anything but fucking track 6 and 13 are instant classics though
and the motherfucker gets credit for naming a song  "tron Cat"

Eternal1999

Bone Thugs N  Harmony= Best rap group ever, they changed the rap game by pioneering that singing and rapping flow, but unlike their copy cats they dont rap about girls, cars, etc.  They rap about real shit.  I'll post some tracks who arent familiar with them.

Da Introduction
Bone Thugs-Da Introduction

Crossroads (original)
Original Crossroads - Bone Thugs n Harmony

Eternal
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - Eternal

East 1999 Eternal is a classic.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Cool Mountaineer on May 07, 2011, 10:52 PM
Quote from: E-Money on May 07, 2011, 02:42 AM
Quote from: ben on May 05, 2011, 03:10 PM
And Ben comes in to say he didn't like it...whoops.
Really man?  What about it did u not like?  
imo the album is more hype than anything but fucking track 6 and 13 are instant classics though
and the motherfucker gets credit for naming a song  "tron Cat"
"Nightmare" is so good. As is "Fish", which is actually my most played song of Goblin at the moment.

Been rocking this a lot lately too, got some good beats, and well... it is funny.
Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton)
DERP

freiwald

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on May 07, 2011, 03:17 AM
But man I'm really getting into OFWGKTA.  They have a legitimate chance to become this generation's Wu-tang Clan.

same here :) they are both great but i prefer hodgy beats / mellowhype
Odd Future/MellowHype - 65 (Tyler, The Creator, Hodgy Beats, Syd Tha Kid) LIVE BBC Radio1

Crazylegs

lolz @the dancing. Good track too.

i love this:

The Fugees - How Many Mics

se mi se many monni, se mi se many many many.

freiwald

some oldschool shit
break it down

MC Miker G & DJ Sven - Holiday Rap

and of course

Worst Rap Battle Ever

awww fuck eli goes so hard on this. ima cant sit still over here

TheSeeker1080

A few people mentioned Immortal Technique, underrated and underground rapper (I'm glad he's underground though). I've heard him on some freestyle battles and it's pretty good but where his lyricism really shines is in the written verses like:
Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil:
Dance With The Devil - Immortal Technique

I'm glad Big L was mentioned too because he is definitely amongst the best rappers, just too bad he was killed before he could make as many tracks as say B.I.G. or Tupac.
Big L - Casualties of a Dice Game:
big L casualties of a dice game

"Conscious" Rap like Mos Def and Talib Kweli (aka Blackstar); they have many good tracks, I've always liked this one:
Blackstar - Thieves In The Night

There have been some great diss tracks from rap too, Nas - Either comes to mind but I think GZA - Paper Plates (50 cent diss) is one of the best:
GZA - Paper Plates(50 cent Diss)
(trust I searched like every version of this song and all of them have one of the best lines cut out right in the middle of the track where he says "who shot ya, ya dont have enough on ya roster, move like a fed, talk like a mobster.")

Of course the whole Wu Tang Clan is well respected by any real hip-hop head or fan of rap.

The only good "mainstream" rapper Jadakiss, yeah he raps about ice and selling drugs and shit like that but he at least actually lives it, met him in person in Yonkers myself.
Jadakiss Freestyle (He Goes In)

To me there's really no best rapper (b/c "best" is subjective) but those I listed are my top 5 (counting Blackstar and Wu Tang Clan both as 1 each). Of course B.I.G. and Pac but I don't mention them in my top 5 because they get enough credit and we all know they're GOATs

bright lights, big city

DERP

BillyNo.9

E-Money

bright lights, big city

ok what is the best mixtape/abum Big KRIT has put out? I don't have any of his shit.
DERP

theory

Not listening to a lot of rap lately, but when I do:

Sage Francis
Buck 65
Immortal Technique
Atmosphere
Weerd Science
Jedi Mind Tricks
Non-Prophets
Any NON-overplayed Tupac