Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rap/Hip-Hop

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 05, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

bright lights, big city

been anticipating Detox for years and years, and i'm not really impressed by this. where's my gangsta rap?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 18, 2010, 07:19 AM
been anticipating Detox for years and years, and i'm not really impressed by this. where's my gangsta rap?

Im sure it will still have a gangsta vibe to it, but nothing like the Chronic.  But damn that beat is so ill.  Too bad Akon is on it....

An bád dubh

Need help from you Hip Hop gurus. I had the most awesome compilation album of Hip Hop about 10 years ago, which I had compiled from random downloads from Kazaa and others back then. Now Im tracking the songs I had there.

Found one so far: Pharoahe Monch - No Mercy (Feat. M.O.P.)

So I am asking first, this next tune came to my head but I cant find it, the lyrics go something like this, sang by a woman:
"You could be wrong but you dont see it when you need to see it, you could be wrong but you dont see it when you need to see it"

Any idea? Im pretty sure that was one of them

Im pretty sure I had some Capone-N-Noreaga in there too but I cant remember which song... any ideas which songs were cool back in 1999 - 2001? I really want to find the stuff I had there, they were just really cool, all of them.

Penicks

Eyedea - Bottle Dreams (w/ Lyrics)

no idea he died a few months ago. he could write like a muthafucka.

ben

bright lights, big city

good stuff. I'm excited because this is looking like a great year for hip-hop. 2 new Cudi albums, Kanye/Jay-Z, another new Kanye album, and finally Detox (hopefully).
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

I'm done with Cudi, but I can see how others are still on board.  I'm just tired of his damn humming and I'm tired of him having good songs combined with awful ones.

YOURE FORGETTING LAZERS TOO BUDDY. 

bright lights, big city

boooooooo. do you mean Lupe's new one? i can't get into his shit.
DERP

ben

You like Kid Cudi, and you don't like ANY of Lupe Fiasco.

Weird.

bright lights, big city

you make a decent point, i tried The Cool way before I ever liked Kid Cudi. Perhaps I need to give him another shot.
DERP

ben

Check out Food & Liquor, I bet you'll like it.  

Lupe Fiasco - The Instrumental

Lupe Fiasco - He Say She Say

bright lights, big city

once again, you're spreading the good word, haha. Apparently my musical tastes have changes drastically in the last couple years.

I just listened to The Show Goes On. That song's pretty bitchin too.
DERP

ben

Yea I knew you would like it.  That's why I was so confuzzled.

bright lights, big city

yeah thanks buddy. I'm always way behind when getting into hip-hop/rap artists. it took me until a few months ago to ever even try getting into guys J Dilla and John Legend and Common.

you still listen to Fashawn? He's dropping a new album this year too, as is Chip tha Ripper.
DERP

ben

Yea I'm interested to see what fashawn comes up with.  Now let's really tale a stretch and let me suggest bucky done gun by Mia .  Check it ouuuut

bright lights, big city

good song. I got into MIA back when Paper Planes blew up, Kala's the shit. Arular's good too. I take it you like Arular better than Kala?

I guess though now i should try MAYA again. Another album I didn't like when it came out.
DERP

E-Money

Chip the Ripper's Gift Raps comes out March 1st, cant wait.  I guess Cudi isn't on it but its all good...

Ben, did u at least enjoy some of MOTM II.  I thought u would really dig it man?  Mr. Rager, Marijuana, and Trapped In My Mind are classics IMO...  

bright lights, big city

even the Kanye song on there is a big highlight for me.
DERP

ben

I listen to Kid Cudi...

and then I listen to this

Lupe Fiasco - Words I Never Said ft. Skylar Grey [AUDIO]

so I just listen to this.  You know?  haha