Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Rap/Hip-Hop

Started by alvarezbassist17, Jan 05, 2008, 08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

payableondeath

I mostly listen to 90s and early 2000s rap. I don't like this new poppy garbage going on that guys like lil wayne and kanye west started.I listen to old Common, jedi mind tricks, old bone thugs, old SPM (before he liked underage girls), old tupac, biggie, dr. Dre, and kool g rap (him and vinnie paz from jedi mind should do an album together)

Inkblades

Quote from: Northcal on Dec 02, 2011, 08:17 PM
Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jan 05, 2008, 08:46 PM
Discuss your gangsta ass shit.  Let's talk about some rap that's not on the RADIO.  That shit hurts the genre way too much.

Here's what I've been bumpin lately:

Brother Ali - the undisputed truth (quite possibly the best rap cd I've ever heard)
GZA - Liquid Swords
Raekwon - Only built 4 cuban linx
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 3030, no need for alarm
swollen members - bad dreams
ghostface killah - supreme clientèle
method man - 421...the day after

let's hear some dope recommendations
all that shitt iz wackkkk where u from playa? Come to northern cali wit that shitt u might get shottttt,lol methodman   iz koo thou,yukmouth,brotha lynch,x raided,mac dre r.i.p

Quit being so close minded. Those Wu CD's dude listed have some of the greatest hip hop ever recorded. And listen, I'm from NY and I bump classic Ice Cube and Outkast all day. Why are people so region specific when it comes to hip hop? That would be like if I hated on Deftones because their from Cali and only liked Glassjaw because they are from NY. Just doesn't make sense.

Brother Ali's cool, too. I don't know how anyone could listen to songs like A Room with a View, Forest Whitaker, Picket Fence, Rain Water, etc. and claim it made their ears bleed. Those songs have very normal, accessible and soulful production and he raps about everyday subject matter. It's not like he's on super avant garde outerspace shit. I think people just hate on him because he's albino lol.

Northcal

Quote from: occipudding on Dec 04, 2011, 06:14 AM
Discuss your gangsta ass shit.  Let's talk about some rap that's not on the RADIO.  That shit hurts the genre way too much.

Brother Ali - the undisputed truth (quite possibly the best rap cd I've ever heard)
GZA - Liquid Swords

all that shitt iz wackkkk where u from playa? Come to northern cali wit that shitt u might get shottttt,lol methodman   iz koo thou,yukmouth,brotha lynch,x raided,mac dre r.i.p

when i say mali, yall say boo!

come to east new york
brooklyn bitch

FRENCH MONTANA & FAT JOE - "WE RUN NY" {OFFICIAL VIDEO} Follow @cPicture Perfect
(even though french is from the bronx)

also, i got mad love for wu-tang but brother ali?  really?  that shit makes my ears bleed.
fukk new york and the whole eastcoast.good beats bad rapppers*

jbmp1390

Quote from: Northcal on Dec 05, 2011, 07:46 AM
Discuss your gangsta ass shit.  Let's talk about some rap that's not on the RADIO.  That shit hurts the genre way too much.

GZA - Liquid Swords

come to east new york
brooklyn bitch

FRENCH MONTANA & FAT JOE - "WE RUN NY" {OFFICIAL VIDEO} Follow @cPicture Perfect

also, i got mad love for wu-tang but brother ali?  really?  that shit makes my ears bleed.

blasphemy. Biggie, Mobb Deep, ATCQ, Wu, the list goes on and on. But personally, I agree with Inkblades. There's good and bad hip hop from all regions, don't close yourself off, there's so much great shit you're missing. Should I only listen to music made by people exclusively from Colorado just because I live there?

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

jbmp1390

BTW anyone a Jody Breeze fan? In my mind he is lil wayne with actual talent and actual street experiences.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Northcal

GZA - Liquid Swords

come to east new york
brooklyn bitch

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Dec 06, 2011, 03:10 AM

GZA - Liquid Swords

come to east new york
brooklyn bitch

i not puff daddy but takeeeee thattttt uhuhuhuu

blasphemy. Biggie, Mobb Deep, ATCQ, Wu, the list goes on and on. But personally, I agree with Inkblades. There's good and bad hip hop from all regions, don't close yourself off, there's so much great shit you're missing. Should I only listen to music made by people exclusively from Colorado just because I live there?

Crazylegs

AZEALIA BANKS - 212 FT. LAZY JAY

I can't decide whether i love or hate this track.

theis

Damn, man. That is horrible.

Crazylegs

I don't know man, it's intriguing to me.

E-Money

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Apparently he took a Cults (one of my top albums of 2011) song and rapped over it. It works for me.

Cults - Bad Things ft. Freddie Gibbs
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

E-Money

I dig it dude.  Freddie is so raw.  

E-Money

bright lights, big city

DERP

E-Money

Love the bitch on the leash.  Trill lol 

bright lights, big city

DERP

bright lights, big city

DERP

bright lights, big city

new Odd Future tape on March 20... yessss.
DERP