Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Variable

tarkil

God damn it, the old egg and chicken thingy...

Variable

tarkil

Actually not really... Just see it as there's no "before"... Time was created when matter got created too...

Variable

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

tarkil

Told you already man : my ass !! You're going in circles right there.... ;)

mrs_swa

Trey going in circles, are you surprised?
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Variable

Quote from: tarkil on Jul 04, 2008, 02:44 AM
Told you already man : my ass !! You're going in circles right there.... ;)
just illustrating a point to show why people might believe in a superior being beyond our understanding rather than just believing that matter has always existed and came from no where.
Quote from: mrs_swa on Jul 04, 2008, 02:47 AM
Trey going in circles, are you surprised?
well haven't you just become a snide bitch towards me these days?  I have been ignoring it because I know that you in some immature logic think it is justified.  But keep it up, and ill give you a real reason to be pissed at me. 

mrs_swa

Lol, I was being sarcastic Trey.  Lighten up.
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Variable

no, you have been taking little jabs at me here and there for the past week or so.  As I said, I know you think you have a reason to be mad at me.  So I have been ignoring it.  But there is really no need.  So lets all just get along. mkay?

deafnotes

Quote from: Variable on Jul 03, 2008, 01:57 AM
I think a big question that everyone has to consider when they are choosing to believe in a god or not.  If god is not real, where did the universe come from?

thats a good question too. but if god created the universe, then who created god?

Variable

Jacob

Variable

Its impossible for me to imagine that matter has always existed and was not created and did not come from anywhere.  that there is no start of time.  Time has just always been here, and so has matter.  And from that matter over billions of years of accidents here we are.  Or at least I haven't ever hear anyone give me a good explanation for how that would be possible. 

I think it is easier to imagine that there is a superior being that created the universe.  Then of course the question of , "who created this superior being?" comes up.  But I just think it is easier to believe that he is on a totally different level than we are in our little two dimensional world we cant understand the true complexity of such a being.......but like I said, its easier for me to believe that.  I dont necessarily think its true.

Jacob

why is it so hard to accept that there might simply be infinity? why does everything have to start and end somewhere?

as for time, I'm more of the belief that time doesn't exist and is only an effect of atoms moving. imagine if everything just stopped moving completely. there'd be no more time.

Variable

wither-I

all we've ever known is a beginning and an end with "everything" so its not brash to assume that life has a definite beginning and an end. simply we dont know.
but i see our universe as just a piece/ mechanism/ aspect/ organ OF God.
the laws of attraction has us AS God. we are a functional appendage of God, therefore we are.

i see God as the "whole" -that is greater than the sum of it's parts.

the worse thing we can do is "assume" God is a certain image, or light, or thought, or energy.

*the body is all in all just a host for the brain. where the brain is actually a pest of the body. therefore as we evolve intellectually, in our minds, our "reality" changes with it. that is why many physicists say that as we evolve our perceptions, our perceptions of reality, and reality itself is alternated.
they say that with the brain we can defy matter!
therefore we are God. we are manifest. we are OF everything.

how does it feel? i live my life to this.

"you're a miracle, so live like it." -my dad
we're more unbelievable than we know.

it is no matter of fate or purpose its a matter of free form and function. evolving. revolving. cycling. infinitely...

resounding indeterminately, indifferent, and indescribable. catch the wave and ride that bitch.

"coming into the nearness of distance"