Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Variable

I don't know about us being god (although I often think that I actually am god ) But what you just said makes sense.  On some level anyways. 

I was raised as a Christian.  And like everything else in life was very curious about it and learned a lot through personal research.  But as I kind of grew up and started to travel more I just realized that the world is so much bigger than that.  One doctrine, One god, One name, One way, One truth.  I just don't know.  So at this point I am still trying to figure out what I believe.  Although to be honest, im not really ever expecting to figure it out.

deafnotes

whats weird is that.....it seems like all the gods are unknown. their genders are unknown, they all never shows up, etc

i was raised in a catholic country. tbut we are not really religious family (if im right, we didnt even go to church in a family group more than 2 times.)

Variable

well I dont really believe that god has a gender.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

lostpilot

Quote from: Variable on Aug 08, 2008, 04:21 PM
well I dont really believe that god has a gender.

I agree with you. I think God is not a being at all.

wither-I

Quote from: Variable on Aug 08, 2008, 06:17 AM
I don’t know about us being god (although I often think that I actually am god ) But what you just said makes sense.  On some level anyways. 

I was raised as a Christian.  And like everything else in life was very curious about it and learned a lot through personal research.  But as I kind of grew up and started to travel more I just realized that the world is so much bigger than that.  One doctrine, One god, One name, One way, One truth.  I just don’t know.  So at this point I am still trying to figure out what I believe.  Although to be honest, im not really ever expecting to figure it out.

the beauty is in not knowing. and as i say, -in not knowing we find freedom, because freedom of the spirit comes from creation, and we "create" to fulfill the desire to know. to breach matter nd aesthetic and touch our belief with a curious prod of affection.

life is art.
and art is ruin, because you must dissolve an order to find the composite.
just like as we evolve we de-evolve the same, -but in this is evolution at its finest, a creation by mutation, and disorder, and ultimately "ruin" of an aspect of your being.

*LOVE -is the most immaculate means of discerning both affections AND perceptions. these "percepts" and "affects" are the logistics of God. the reality and bite of life in our own manifest. these are our creations.
and therefore we must hone these honors, these abilities, and this grandest opportunity.

and as everything is "absurd"-because NOTHING has a "True" explanation or meaning. "fate" and or "reason"are forms of conceptual suicide. and in order to defeat the absurd one must create and love. create happiness and joy. our choices or rather our rights to life have been undermined and or taken- for- granted too much as of late.

this is why, i choose to believe in "Everything" because thats all i can fathom, -is a wholeness in life!!
one huge love, and essence, and shared existence, and passion, and innate "free-formed function".

bless.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

conceptual suicide.. love it, wither.

I believe in possibilities. I believe in possibility of God, extraterrestrial life, fixed fate, karma, reincarnation. I believe, that the possibility exists, and, therefore this possibility is God itself. A complex set of possibilities, random or not random, who cares.

for the "absurd".. well, the world is built pretty much chaotically, though in some fixed sense (again, think about a set of possibilities) - but there will always be fault, mistakes. And, I think the fact that we are capable to understand the absurdity of existing, well, could probably be called just a fault. The chance made us reasonable and profound, gave us the power to witness music, art, feelings, every perception - but ironically it also gave us the curse of understanding that the gift of perception is technically meaningless and absurd.

line from Thrice's "Silver Wings" hit my head -
"and after all of this I am amazed
that I am cursed far more than I am praised."

I just.. well, believe in chance. Chance of things.. maybe I am too much of a believer, but what is worse than having no belief? And after all, I sometimes hate how people, in this case me too, just sometimes hate themselves so much.. people should love themselves and each other, we are the miracle, we are one of the possibilities, and we are here and now. I can reach out to every one of you, every one of you can reach out to me - we're all of one blood and one skin, no matter how different do we look.

yours unexpectedly optimistic and loveful,
D.

btw: wither-I, I'm not sure if you've seen this:
http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,14352.0.html
just your inbox is full..

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Aug 08, 2008, 09:52 PM
I believe in possibilities. I believe in possibility of God, extraterrestrial life, fixed fate, karma, reincarnation. I believe, that the possibility exists, and, therefore this possibility is God itself. A complex set of possibilities, random or not random, who cares.

I just.. well, believe in chance. Chance of things.. maybe I am too much of a believer, but what is worse than having no belief? And after all, I sometimes hate how people, in this case me too, just sometimes hate themselves so much.. people should love themselves and each other, we are the miracle, we are one of the possibilities, and we are here and now. I can reach out to every one of you, every one of you can reach out to me - we're all of one blood and one skin, no matter how different do we look.

yours unexpectedly optimistic and loveful,
D.

great great thoughts bro! im digging the optimism 2 :)
im always telling people to just be involved in each other and the shear essence of living. and to use your body as a brush, and a tool, a device for piece of mind, and joy.
in "believing in everything" per say , its like this excruciatingly awesome rush everyday, because the world amazes me more than ever, and im not a child anymore...
ya know...

-we are all beyond perfect, we are miracle, that miraculous conjure, a chance-conception, the scale of creation and all the efforts of indifferent energies.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Fireal1222

Quote from: Variable on Aug 08, 2008, 06:17 AM
I don't know about us being god (although I often think that I actually am god ) But what you just said makes sense.  On some level anyways. 

I was raised as a Christian.  And like everything else in life was very curious about it and learned a lot through personal research.  But as I kind of grew up and started to travel more I just realized that the world is so much bigger than that.  One doctrine, One god, One name, One way, One truth.  I just don't know.  So at this point I am still trying to figure out what I believe.  Although to be honest, im not really ever expecting to figure it out.

one night. with my friend mike. i had some incredibly strong visuals. i wasnt drunk. wasnt high

but one of the conclusions i came to is that you are a part of god.

god is the all seeing eye. and you see everything that you do.. you also know when you are doing right and wrong. so i agree that we are a part of god.

i also believe that god will do good things for you if you deserve them.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Nailec

i dont know what this thread is about. but the last two posts have been about god and who were all part of it.

a concept i find interesting and i read in Max Scheler`s "Man's Place in Nature" was the one of a personal god  that is not to be found in metaphysics but that grows with human ideas. this really means that you have to act in a good manner in order to create god. if there wouldnt be humans, there would be no god since no one would have the idea of god and no one could create god.

other concepts of god are often pretty passive in a way that you just have to trust in god no matter how you are acting.

13hourstoparadise

Variable

emotivelotion

mayan's and aztec's aint the same, aztecs fucked up quetzalcoatl who was albino, being different they made fun of him, getting his ass drunk and acting like ordinary people, quetzalcoatl couldnt deal the shame and ran away not before saying "i will come back and ill be thousands" or something like that, so when cortez came they thought it was all about quetzalcoatl's revenge, they wouldnt defeat god's power again thats why spainairds were treated like kings

Fireal1222

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Aug 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
I hope the world ends. I hate it here.

maybe thats why you have it bad.

just because your life sucks why should the whole world need to be ended

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

Quote from: emotivelotion on Sep 04, 2008, 08:36 PM

mayan's and aztec's aint the same, aztecs fucked up quetzalcoatl who was albino, being different they made fun of him, getting his ass drunk and acting like ordinary people, quetzalcoatl couldnt deal the shame and ran away not before saying "i will come back and ill be thousands" or something like that, so when cortez came they thought it was all about quetzalcoatl's revenge, they wouldnt defeat god's power again thats why spainairds were treated like kings
Thank you for posting something intelligent.

emotivelotion

Variable

no, I was being serious.  lol, seriously.  That you for posting something intelligent and interesting.

This is not a part of history I am familiar with at all.  So you caught my interest, and gave me a good base to be able to do more research from.

emotivelotion

hehe, as you notice i dont have enough formal words, ive been looking for that topic in english without success, pity neither spanish sites have idea where this phrase was taken from "volveré y seré miles", of those things people aint used to know cuz i dunno if in any other place but in mx history as it seen on classrooms is a bunch of lies to increase nationalism  to keep control on people

<edit>
and to keep their catholic religion