Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarkil

ha ha ha, sorry couldn't miss this one man... :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Oldnewtype

i could say a whole lot on this topic but. as usual. im lazy, so all im gonna say is we have too much shit left to fuck up for the world to end in just 4 years.

wither-I

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 03, 2008, 08:15 AM
im really not trying to be funny when i say this. but the sun even seems different. the past few years i noticed that it feels like its giving off the vibe of impending doom
depletion of the ozone layer. the sun will infact be more vibrant than usual due to the lack of gaseous sustenance in our upper echelons of our atmosphere. [pollution]

agree.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ToneDef

The Mayans got owned by a bunch of spaniards. They don't know what they're talking about.

Their traps were the shit though.

"Pursue me through the jugle will you?" KA-DOING!!!! Impaled. Pwn.

wither-I

Quote from: ToneDef on Jun 03, 2008, 08:48 PM
The Mayans got owned by a bunch of spaniards. They don't know what they're talking about.

Their traps were the shit though.

"Pursue me through the jugle will you?" KA-DOING!!!! Impaled. Pwn.
[disease]

"coming into the nearness of distance"

whodunit?

Jacob

I agree on a whole with what trey said, believe it or not. that was a pretty good post.

like I said, I want to believe in these things. exactly why, I don't know. I guess I'm just fascinated by the unknown and the possibilities of the world around us. but the question is how much I actually believe...

in the end, I don't think anything special will happen on that day or any day in our lifetimes. eventually, something will happen. but none of us will be alive and neither will our children's children's children. what will happen is war. I'm fairly certain that wars will only escalate from now on and sooner or later we will have a third word war. it's easy to say that no nukes will be launched because of our races survival instinct and moral code, but I'm not so sure about that. remember, the US did fire off those nukes in WW2... and the nukes we have now are a lot bigger and the tactics of nuclear war are a lot more devastating. a bunch of terrorists or a stupid ass country who consider themselves opressed will fire off a nuke and that will be the start of the ending of our current civilization.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

devilinside

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 03, 2008, 10:05 PM

in the end, I don't think anything special will happen on that day or any day in our lifetimes. eventually, something will happen. but none of us will be alive and neither will our children's children's children.

I agree

Variable

Quote from: aenemic on Jun 03, 2008, 10:05 PM
I agree on a whole with what trey said, believe it or not. that was a pretty good post.

like I said, I want to believe in these things. exactly why, I don't know. I guess I'm just fascinated by the unknown and the possibilities of the world around us. but the question is how much I actually believe...

in the end, I don't think anything special will happen on that day or any day in our lifetimes. eventually, something will happen. but none of us will be alive and neither will our children's children's children. what will happen is war. I'm fairly certain that wars will only escalate from now on and sooner or later we will have a third word war. it's easy to say that no nukes will be launched because of our races survival instinct and moral code, but I'm not so sure about that. remember, the US did fire off those nukes in WW2... and the nukes we have now are a lot bigger and the tactics of nuclear war are a lot more devastating. a bunch of terrorists or a stupid ass country who consider themselves opressed will fire off a nuke and that will be the start of the ending of our current civilization.
well true, we did use nukes in WW2.  however they were very new, and we also knew that japan didn't have any.  So it is a lot easier to use them when you know they wont be used back on you.  But the world has had so much education on nuclear weapons since the one time in history that they were used.  I doubt that any of the current nuclear powers would start lobbing then anywhere. 

You were right about some radical douche bag getting his hands on something like a nuke or a chemical weapon and starting some serious shit.  That's why this point in history is really critical and interesting.  We are at a turning point.  There are way too many variables to list.  But say oil.  If the US can get off oil and move to hydrogen power.  then we can completely pull out of the middle east.  The whole reason they were all pissed off at us in the first place is because we have troops is Saudi Arabia "the holy land" If we get out of there, that's a big start in the right direction.  The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  If the US is successful in these wars we will keep global credibility, make two very powerful allies ( for their region ) and maybe even start a chain reaction of democracy in the middle east that sling shots them into the 21st century ( I know its wishful thinking ) A lot depends on Chinas break through into the lead of the global economy.  How will they handle being on top?  Will the US find a way to get it back?  Will each country allow to share dual superpower status?  How will china treat is poor yet potentially powerful Asian neighbors?  Will the US ever pill out of Japan and allow then to have their own military?  What will India do as they are also up and coming in this world?  ..................soooo many possibilities that could be great or horrible for the world.

That is why it is very important that we dont be short sighted about the issues.  That seems to be the trend in history.  Societies grow and prosper.  Then through too much luxury get weak and short sighted, then disappear.  Its important that the whole world gets qualified leaders who can make intelligent decisions.  because if we just start electing a bunch of idiots who are just trying to get in office to feed their egos.......we might be seeing a clash here pretty quick.  It all just depends.

Oldnewtype

HOW CAN THERE BE
ANY LOGIC
IN BIOLOGICAL WAR
WE ALL KNOW THIS IS WRONG
BUT THE NEW WORLD ORDERS BEATING DOWN THE DOOR

Variable

Battle-Axe

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 03, 2008, 07:38 PM
i could say a whole lot on this topic but. as usual. im lazy, so all im gonna say is we have too much shit left to fuck up for the world to end in just 4 years.

It's not about the world ending - it's about this current universal cycle ending.

My boss is waaay into this stuff and so I'm not 100% sure on this, but he said something like the universal cycle is like 26,000 years long and is based around the moon revolving around us revolving round the sun revolving round whatever it does. The Mayans were the ones who worked it all out and they were the first to pioneer calendars and stuff like that and he said it was proved somewhere their calendars were only like 13 seconds out. Out from what, I dunno, but they were pretty fuckin accurate. Apparantly every 26,000 something catastrophic happens and this has been "proven" too, and they say that on 21st December 2012 or roundabouts something is gonna happen and it'll bring about "collective consciousness" because we're coming to the end of the universal cycle.

He said there's always like a 5 year transition or something and December last year marked that 5 year transition to the end of this universal cycle and long story short, shit is apparantly about to hit the fan :P

I'm not 100% sure I believe it but I'm not gonna completely deny it could happen either. I just find these things interesting more than anything :]

bright lights, big city

theres been a lot of earthquakes lately and this happened during all the Midwest flooding....
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/weather/chi-lake-delton-wedjun11,0,5987083.story
a goddamn lake drained! a whole fucking lake turned to mud in a couple hours!!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jun 11, 2008, 05:52 PM
Quote from: Oldnewtype on Jun 03, 2008, 07:38 PM

It's not about the world ending - it's about this current universal cycle ending.

My boss is waaay into this stuff and so I'm not 100% sure on this, but he said something like the universal cycle is like 26,000 years long and is based around the moon revolving around us revolving round the sun revolving round whatever it does. The Mayans were the ones who worked it all out and they were the first to pioneer calendars and stuff like that and he said it was proved somewhere their calendars were only like 13 seconds out. Out from what, I dunno, but they were pretty fuckin accurate. Apparantly every 26,000 something catastrophic happens and this has been "proven" too, and they say that on 21st December 2012 or roundabouts something is gonna happen and it'll bring about "collective consciousness" because we're coming to the end of the universal cycle.

He said there's always like a 5 year transition or something and December last year marked that 5 year transition to the end of this universal cycle and long story short, shit is apparantly about to hit the fan :P

I'm not 100% sure I believe it but I'm not gonna completely deny it could happen either. I just find these things interesting more than anything :]

theres alot of great videos about it.. the best one i saw was on the history channel. its on youtube.. its called the decoding the past. the mayan prophecy

but its really interesting stuff. and i must admit i believe it..

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
theres alot of great videos about it.. the best one i saw was on the history channel. its on youtube.. its called the decoding the past. the mayan prophecy

but its really interesting stuff. and i must admit i believe it..

yeah, I saw series of interesting videos on 2012 too. my one friend is just hyped with information on that. and on almost all of the videos ideas are supported by history. Mayans, astrology, Japanese, etc. I must admit I am not a strict believer or nonbeliever - I find some things really interesting and appealing to me, but some things could be just thought up. Like - when you want to find a coincidence, probably you will find it. Those coincidences cannot be taken as a fact.

Law

For US and Western world I think it's a tad late to try and make the middle east to begin to like us again, I mean we have pretty bombed the shite out of their countries for  too long now.

God bless America though, that's makes us all feel better.

Too much to worry about in this life, I aren't gonna worry about this or the possibility of Doomsday, I've got a PhD to finish and too many women to love.

Variable

I can speak from first hand experience when I say that most of afghanistan actually really loves the US.  They dont forget very easily.  And they know what we did to help stop the genocide of their people when the soviets were in their country. And they know what we are doing now.  Believe me, not very many of them liked the taliban.  I believe that if we succeed in building a stable Islamic democracy in afghanistan.  We will have a powerful ally in the region for a long time.

deafnotes

i hope we all die in a slow painful death
lol

Variable

I kinda want to die in a shark attack. 

pissedandpierced

The only Crystal Skulls I know of is the Mastodon kind.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007