Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crystal Skulls: the year 2012 and other Myths

Started by Corleone, Jun 02, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Quote from: bored on Jun 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
wither-I,

if to talk about Enlightenment, you may call me a pessimistic person, but I do not really think that some sort of 'Breakthrough' is going to happen. I mean, look around us - we are totally lonely in this universe, our existence is merely a random event. The whole existence of human race is like an hour in whole long planet Earths life. We are meaningless, and there is nothing more to it. And I really don't believe in idea of extraterrestrial life finding us, or us discovering them.

First of all, everything in our Universe is too random - our existence is random, our planet being capable to sustain life on earth is random, our solar system is random. And our universe is just too big for us to meet someone. If we are still unable to leave our solar system in a fast way, so that a human body would last, I do not think there is another material being which would have discovered a faster speed and could contact us. There is nothing out there. We will blast our asses off this earth, destroying the planet, and that will be the only trace of us actually ever existing.

(the sceptic side of me has spoken, now I will let the believer express his opinion)

Yesterday me and my friends we're discussing on our beliefs. And I stated what I believe - I believe that this reality - everything, this Universe, us, our subconscious worlds, etc - is a product of a higher power, in my mind I like to call it 'the stream'. It's a source of power, which can create separate different realities. And what I believe, is that technically there is no history - I mean, I believe in a critical mass of 'Energy', which creates us, our world, etc. There is always harmony in the world - we will destroy what we've built, we will die and shall be reborn again, in a different form. And all of the coincidences in this world which occurs while exploring different cultural symbols (example, those skulls, 2012 theories, historic information (like Mayans noticing the creatures from the skies, etc) leads our thoughts back to the stream.

We, somewhere deep within, are aware of being united with the Universe and through it being connected to the stream - it's like a mild memory. And I do believe in parallel worlds, different Universes filled with different creatures because of different amounts of 'Energy' provided by the stream. God, I really which English was my mothertongue language, I am sooo bad at expressing my thoughts..

To sum up, since I'm very two-sided, one of my sides thinks that we are meaningless and there is no hidden meanings in anything, while the other believes in parallel worlds (=parallel creatures we are able to contact by aletring our (sub)conscious state). I hope you understood what I meant.

you basically just said that "there is nothing besides us, and that their are creatures that we can contact through a subconscious way"

i never said "intelligent life finding us or us finding them"... i stated "microbial life"...

i think you may have misunderstood much of what i meant, i know you said you had some trouble with english expression...

on a side note, i understand what you are saying, completely actually... ...solely because i used to believe the same thing.

Quote from: Variable on Jun 23, 2008, 03:43 PM
well I mean everything you are saying is really fantastic and who wouldn't want to believe that all of that is true?  But I just dont see a reason to believe most of it.  I would love to really study physics and understand everything in detail that you have been talking about.  There seems to be a level of legitimacy there.  But saying that our imagination is the limit seems more suiting as a line in some cheezy pixar movie than an intelligent conversation held between adults.  I think that humans inherently have the desire to explore and a desire for adventure.  And this world seems so used up and explored.  So we would love to believe that there is still adventure and exploring to do.  It makes everything you are saying to be very desirable.  But I just dont see it. 
variable... well trey, *in the most cli'che/cheezy pixar manner* -"you must see, we have conquered all but ourselves"...

i like you man, i admire your passion, honestly. and you are very smart, and keen on what you say...

...but most everything we humans do, falls to "necessity of satiation through instinctive values", which are; ... we fuck, feed, and sleep.  And the other outfit is the "desires" we crave, which exceed our longings, and precede adventure and love, and these are our passions, like the artist's yearn to "create", stems from desire and want, but becomes a "need" in a sense really.

i know i went off track a little there, but im tired and swaying...

later cake.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Battle-Axe

Quote from: wither-I on Jun 23, 2008, 05:46 AM
Quote from: Battle-Axe on Jun 23, 2008, 03:37 AM
"physics says its possible"

Never really looked into it myself, but I'm guessing by this you mean like how Weir talks about wormholes in Event Horizon [if you've seen the film that is]?

Actually come to think of it, I'm not even sure he talks about time travel haha...
i know what you mean with event horizon and whatnot. but besides inter-stellar wormholes, they have some scientists "constructing" wormholes in labs. yes this one guy i saw on like discovery science or whatever was making this column of inter-weaving lasers and was describing how he can drop an atom into this thing and it will be transported, not in time but in space... its hard to explain, im gonna try and look up more about it, but the "transportal" he is trying to create is a small frame model and he said by using basically the same principles on a higher note will enable time travel as well...

Einstein talked much about this i recall and he claimed it was feasible.
i bring up the evolution aspect because i think its amazing, that we really only use such a small percentage of our brain power and that if not interfered with by some calamity or whatever we "will" evolve again... its a matter of life on earth, a survival of the fittest.\\

and like i always say, evolution is "de-evolving" the same. think about it, we dont even use our appendix, and i hear that in like 10,000 years we will be totally losing our "pinky-toes". we're regressing to adapt. thats why i mention these aliens "as 'us' from the future" because imo when you look at it from this direction it seems so feasible/believable for these beings to just be far evolved human species with their smaller bodies, less-number of fingers and toes, big heads (prob for larger brains) and prob all one color/race/ethnicity etc etc...

Ahhh yea my boss has mentioned about that atom transporter thing before in the same conversation about time travel... to be honest he talks so much about this stuff that I forget half of it :P It sorta reminds me of the Philadelphia Experiment, only as far as I know [which is only as much as my boss has told me haha] is that the ship only vanished - like it wasn't actually transported.

Fireal1222

last night i was was on youtube for hours watching different videos on the mayan prophecy. and calender.. also reading up on the drug. DMT and ayahuasca

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_s376qEZGY0
awesome awesome explanation

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

deafnotes

White Pwny

Quote from: deafnotes on Jun 25, 2008, 11:00 AM
some say burning alive is ticklish

I find this so amazingly hard to believe.   I have a bad fucking sunburn.. and the last thing it is is ticklish.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 25, 2008, 09:57 PM

I find this so amazingly hard to believe.   I have a bad fucking sunburn.. and the last thing it is is ticklish.
Once a burn reaches the 3rd degree your nerve endings die and you feel nothing. Big difference between a sunburn and burning alive.
Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 23, 2008, 04:00 AM
Please don't forget that I am too medically inclined

White Pwny

ZOMG!  Imagine this!  Trey downing me again.   I was not saying it was not true, I was saying I find it so hard to believe it would feel ticklish.   Now, go on with your bad self.  *rolls eyes*

Variable

I simply states a fact.  That is all.  If you regret your own words.  that is your own business.

White Pwny

*looks confused*    Did I say I regret my words?   In fact, Trey.. In order to get to third degree burn.. you must get to first and second degree burn that hurts like a MF.     I don't quite know why you are trying to twist what I say, but hey, if that's what ya gotta do.

Variable

most people associate burning to death by intense heat such as your whole body being on fire.  This would not be a slow burn.  The time from 1st to 3rd would only take seconds.  But yeah, I guess being sunburned to death would hurt really , really bad.

Im not saying I believe that being burned to death would feel like someone tickling me. I was just throwing some facts out there.

deafnotes

Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 03:24 AM

I find this so amazingly hard to believe.   I have a bad fucking sunburn.. and the last thing it is is ticklish.
Once a burn reaches the 3rd degree your nerve endings die and you feel nothing. Big difference between a sunburn and burning alive.

haha. i think if you jump into a big fire. that will hurt in seconds and then you are dead?

Corleone

Humans are going to push the evolution of themselves through DNA research, and we are all going to be alive to see it. If we don't blow ourselves up there is no doubt we could live way longer lives.

Wheres my robot lungs...

Jacob

Quote from: Corleone on Jun 30, 2008, 09:27 AM
Humans are going to push the evolution of themselves through DNA research, and we are all going to be alive to see it. If we don't blow ourselves up there is no doubt we could live way longer lives.

Wheres my robot lungs...

the technology won't be available to us in our lifetime though. not unless we become stinking rich.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Variable

Quote from: deafnotes on Jun 30, 2008, 04:03 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 26, 2008, 03:24 AM

haha. i think if you jump into a big fire. that will hurt in seconds and then you are dead?
no

Jizzlobber

Quote from: bored on Jun 23, 2008, 04:10 PM
wither-I,

I do not really think that some sort of 'Breakthrough' is going to happen. I mean, look around us - we are totally lonely in this universe, our existence is merely a random event. The whole existence of human race is like an hour in whole long planet Earths life. We are meaningless, and there is nothing more to it. And I really don't believe in idea of extraterrestrial life finding us, or us discovering them.

First of all, everything in our Universe is too random - our existence is random, our planet being capable to sustain life on earth is random, our solar system is random. And our universe is just too big for us to meet someone. If we are still unable to leave our solar system in a fast way, so that a human body would last, I do not think there is another material being which would have discovered a faster speed and could contact us. There is nothing out there. We will blast our asses off this earth, destroying the planet, and that will be the only trace of us actually ever existing.

(the sceptic side of me has spoken, now I will let the believer express his opinion)

Yesterday me and my friends we're discussing on our beliefs. And I stated what I believe - I believe that this reality - everything, this Universe, us, our subconscious worlds, etc - is a product of a higher power, in my mind I like to call it 'the stream'. It's a source of power, which can create separate different realities. And what I believe, is that technically there is no history - I mean, I believe in a critical mass of 'Energy', which creates us, our world, etc. There is always harmony in the world - we will destroy what we've built, we will die and shall be reborn again, in a different form. And all of the coincidences in this world which occurs while exploring different cultural symbols (example, those skulls, 2012 theories, historic information (like Mayans noticing the creatures from the skies, etc) leads our thoughts back to the stream.

We, somewhere deep within, are aware of being united with the Universe and through it being connected to the stream - it's like a mild memory. And I do believe in parallel worlds, different Universes filled with different creatures because of different amounts of 'Energy' provided by the stream. God, I really which English was my mothertongue language, I am sooo bad at expressing my thoughts..

To sum up, since I'm very two-sided, one of my sides thinks that we are meaningless and there is no hidden meanings in anything, while the other believes in parallel worlds (=parallel creatures we are able to contact by aletring our (sub)conscious state). I hope you understood what I meant.

but you personally dont know anything about the universe, you just think you do. God knows why, perhaps you smoke a lot of pot, but, we are certainly not just a "Random event"! c'mon man!
<

Jacob

I always say this: we don't know shit. ever since we started making "scientific" discoveries, we thought we understood things. and then something happened and proved us wrong. I'm pretty sure it will always be like that.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jun 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
but you personally dont know anything about the universe, you just think you do. God knows why, perhaps you smoke a lot of pot, but, we are certainly not just a "Random event"! c'mon man!

this is just my guess, theory, belief.
I'm not saying everything IS that way. I just think it could be going on like that

Jizzlobber

well, okay. it could be, maybe we are just a lone planet of societies.

it really sucks to think that we could be, but i doubt it, i just highly doubt it.

<

wither-I

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jul 01, 2008, 07:34 PM
well, okay. it could be, maybe we are just a lone planet of societies.

it really sucks to think that we could be, but i doubt it, i just highly doubt it.

what makes you so sure there is a God? theres really no proof either way.

i believe in a higher power because its obvious, we are nothing to the might of the universe (unto us).

the universe is completely indifferent (to us).

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

I think a big question that everyone has to consider when they are choosing to believe in a god or not.  If god is not real, where did the universe come from?