Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swine flu.

Started by lostpilot, Apr 26, 2009, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

not as lame as the 1975 swine flu  ;D

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Crazylegs

even lamer it was you say? i can't say i remember it.

But i prefer pandemics to be lame.

deftonekid

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Livewire

Variable

oh Jesus Christ......

tarkil

ha ha that's awesome....    :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Jerry_Curls

So now WHO has declared that was are at level 6....the swine flu is pandemic now. Stupid.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Infector

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 11, 2009, 08:23 PM
So now WHO has declared that was are at level 6....the swine flu is pandemic now. Stupid.

We have 27 confirmed cases in New Zealand, go us.

Nailec

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 11, 2009, 08:23 PM

wow. youre such a big critic.

every serious newspaper is also telling you that swine flu is harmless in most cases.

typical behavior of conspiracy theorists. saying half of the truth.

the definition of swine flu was made before swine flu started. it just fits in this definition. would you prefer they called it a toaster?

Jerry_Curls

what the fuck are you even saying?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jerry_Curls

Seriously, get off my fucking back.

Ignored.

Fucking tranny.

----------------------

GENEVA – The World Health Organization has told its member nations it is declaring a swine flu pandemic — the first global flu epidemic in 41 years.

The move came Thursday as infections climbed in the United States, Europe, Australia, South America and elsewhere.

In a statement sent to member countries, WHO says it decided to raise the pandemic alert level from phase 5 to 6, meaning that a global outbreak of swine flu has begun. The decision was made after the U.N. health agency held an emergency meeting on swine flu with its experts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090611/ap_on_he_me/un_un_swine_flu
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

yeah I have absolutely no idea what he was saying either

But fuck what the WHO says.  Swine flu is over.  We had to do so many fucking daily reports on that shit and report every single ass hole with a cough and shit.  Navy medicine was driving swine flu into the ground.  But now all thats stopped.  Believe me, if they stopped, its over.

Nailec

well. jerry is calling the move by the WHO stupid.

so what kind of critique is that actually?

im saying they have a definition of what a pandemic is. they decided that swine flu fullfilled this definition.

if you just give the WHO 10 seconds and read their definition you will see that it has absoluteley nothing to do with its ability of being lethal.

the guys at WHO aren`t stupid. they know this virus isn`t as dangerous as some people feared at the beginning.

everyone just calm down and stop the bite reflex when the name WHO is dropped.

jesus

Variable

Dude, swine flu is lame.  I don't give a fuck how many countries it hit.  The only reason the WHO is still talking about it is to ride the wave of tamiflu sales.  Get over it.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Variable on Jun 12, 2009, 04:09 AM
Dude, swine flu is lame.  I don't give a fuck how many countries it hit.  The only reason the WHO is still talking about it is to ride the wave of tamiflu sales.  Get over it.

Exactly...I was just reporting on the current state of the flu. Fuck CHAN!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

alvarezbassist17

Quote from: Nailec on Jun 12, 2009, 12:33 AM

im saying they have a definition of what a pandemic is. they decided that swine flu fullfilled this definition.

if you just give the WHO 10 seconds and read their definition you will see that it has absoluteley nothing to do with its ability of being lethal.

the guys at WHO aren`t stupid. they know this virus isn`t as dangerous as some people feared at the beginning.

jesus

yeah, but people are just going to read the parts about "meaning the global epidemic has begun" or just simply the word "pandemic," not their definition of it.  that's the message that's going to come across, not that it's not really a big deal.  it's still fear mongering simply to sell vaccines.

lostpilot

I had a lovely moment about swine flu.
We were in a supermarket and my friend just had a bad cough, like a really bad one (he before then went to the doctors, something about throat), and when he's done coughing, he said - 'oh that swine flu'..

man oh man you would not believe the reactions of the people, especially elder ones. they just started moving away from him as fast as possible. this is what media does to you.

defTHE1s

hahaha... funny story lostpilot! :D

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 13, 2009, 06:07 AM
Quote from: Nailec on Jun 12, 2009, 12:33 AM

jesus

yeah, but people are just going to read the parts about "meaning the global epidemic has begun" or just simply the word "pandemic," not their definition of it.  that's the message that's going to come across, not that it's not really a big deal.  it's still fear mongering simply to sell vaccines.

Ew I could read what he said cuz you quoted it.

Anyways, Thanks for getting across what my intentions were. This fearmongering that they do is sickening and its only getting stronger because its flu season in the southern hemisphere.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.