Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swine flu.

Started by lostpilot, Apr 26, 2009, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
congressman paul is my mother fucking hero.

we live in bad times when someone who is against homosexuality and abortion becomes someones hero.

Variable

Quote from: mr.sinister on Apr 29, 2009, 11:52 PM
Yup. Its a shame he couldn't be our president.
yeah, the country would be undergoing real change.  It would be amazing.

Thanks for posting that video alvarez
Quoteand Mr. Sinister, yes there is a treatment for this flu.  You use the exact same anti virals that you use for every other flu.  Its all good, just go to the DR. if you have flu like symptoms, but put a mask on first.

Yeah it makes sense that there would be a treatment but my buddies told me that they heard on the news that so far there is no treatment. But yeah, that's national TV for you, making everyone panic.

I think people are just getting the language confused.  I have heard the news say multiple times that the antivirals work on this stran.  But there is not vaccination.  So they can't make you immune to this stran yet, but they can treat you once you get it.
Quote from: Nailec on Apr 30, 2009, 01:51 AM

we live in bad times when someone who is against homosexuality and abortion becomes someones hero.
Ok, I know this is way off subject for this thread, but I can't let this go unchallenged.

Dude, are you fucking high? Where are you getting your info from?  Ron Paul is all about true civil liberties and true rights and freedoms.  He may personally be against abortion ( mainly due to his work as an OBGYN doctor ) But if you read his book, he says that if he was president he would never try to make abortion illegal.  In fact, he would get the federal government out of the issue all together and just let each state deal with it as they see fit.  And he is all about letting gay people get married.  He is pretty obviously a Christian, but he is not even willing to say that he believes homosexuality is a sin.  Because the man is not filled with hate, and he believes in true equality regardless of personal beliefs.  Get your facts straight.

[youtube=425,350]QGaBAb_oS84[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]EL1BOWC3No0[/youtube]

wither-I

awesome videos. thanks trey! if i may call you trey, noticing the board elite does so ;)

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Variable

Quote from: Variable on Apr 28, 2009, 07:21 AM
But apparently one marine from 29 palms actually had a lab confirmed case today. 
I noticed that the news just started talking about this today.  But you guys heard it here first two days ago.  Now the base has all kinds of news vans outside of it.  I saw a massive CNN van driving to town on my way home from work.  Maybe they will try to interview me and I can be that cool guy that gets to say "no comment"

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2009, 03:43 AM
awesome videos. thanks trey! if i may call you trey, noticing the board elite does so ;)
yeah bro.  I prefer it for people to call me by my name, and vice versa.  But no one really does it around here so its hard for me to learn - remember names.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Apr 30, 2009, 06:08 AM
Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2009, 03:43 AM
yeah bro.  I prefer it for people to call me by my name, and vice versa.  But no one really does it around here so its hard for me to learn - remember names.
hello, my name is mark. i think swine flu is bogus. i like sports. and i enjoy drinking beer.

*passes mic to next person*
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: whodunit? on Apr 26, 2009, 08:06 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 26, 2009, 08:03 PM
we're fucked

meaning you, americans.

Because there definitely aren't suspected cases in the UK or anything.

Also, news just said 6 suspected cases in Washington state.

Trey, just because the death count numbers are low does NOT mean infection numbers are too. What if the infection numbers are ridiculously high and shit starts mutating?

whodunit?

swine flu is so last week.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Not if there are all of a sudden suspected cases near where I live.

Nailec

Quote from: Variable on Apr 30, 2009, 02:16 AM
Yup. Its a shame he couldn't be our president.
yeah, the country would be undergoing real change.  It would be amazing.

Thanks for posting that video alvarez
Quoteand Mr. Sinister, yes there is a treatment for this flu.  You use the exact same anti virals that you use for every other flu.  Its all good, just go to the DR. if you have flu like symptoms, but put a mask on first.

Yeah it makes sense that there would be a treatment but my buddies told me that they heard on the news that so far there is no treatment. But yeah, that's national TV for you, making everyone panic.

I think people are just getting the language confused.  I have heard the news say multiple times that the antivirals work on this stran.  But there is not vaccination.  So they can't make you immune to this stran yet, but they can treat you once you get it.

Ok, I know this is way off subject for this thread, but I can't let this go unchallenged.

Dude, are you fucking high? Where are you getting your info from?  Ron Paul is all about true civil liberties and true rights and freedoms.  He may personally be against abortion ( mainly due to his work as an OBGYN doctor ) But if you read his book, he says that if he was president he would never try to make abortion illegal.  In fact, he would get the federal government out of the issue all together and just let each state deal with it as they see fit.  And he is all about letting gay people get married.  He is pretty obviously a Christian, but he is not even willing to say that he believes homosexuality is a sin.  Because the man is not filled with hate, and he believes in true equality regardless of personal beliefs.  Get your facts straight.

[youtube=425,350]QGaBAb_oS84[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]EL1BOWC3No0[/youtube]

no need to insult me that hard. it was just some info i got during the time where the presidental candidates have been introduced. not really sure about this. but in the first video he clearly says that marriage is a religious thing (which just describes the origin of this institution) and we both know how the religous leaders of this discourse think on that issue...

anyways. he seems to be a very strong libertarian and i dont think i could become comfortable with this position. (although you surely have to differ between debates where liberalism is one position)

Variable

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 30, 2009, 09:12 AM
we're fucked

meaning you, americans.

Trey, just because the death count numbers are low does NOT mean infection numbers are too. What if the infection numbers are ridiculously high and shit starts mutating?
6 suspected cases Hosh.  Meaning that someone came in with flu like symptoms and everyone freaked out.  Its all good bro, just relax.

The infection numbers would be showing by now.  Every fucking idiot out there thinks they have swine flu every time they sneeze.  I get so many people coming into my clinic every day thinking they have it.  But they don't.  If anyone meets the criteria to be a possible swine flu case, then we do a nasal flush on them, collect a sample, and send it to the lab.  Then it gets confirmed.  The incubation period is only like a day or two ( sorry I can't remember exactly ) So really, by now, we would know.  And if it does mutate?  Oh well?  Then we can call it swine flue the sequel?  The pharmaceutical companies get to offload more antivirals? 

I'm not an expert here, but I don't think the flu virus is nearly as unstable as the rhinovirus ( common cold ) Thats why you can make vaccines for the flu, because it aint going to mutate or change.  Good luck with your fear though.

oldgentlovecraft

What if the infection numbers are ridiculously high and shit starts mutating?

Then we are definitely fucked.

bright lights, big city

i woke up this morning and had a couple sneezes, i think i might have swine flu. better go to the ER.

oh and mutation? am i the only one that thinks that's kind of cool?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Crazylegs

it's not like it could mutate into a dog with wheels or some shit like that. It would just mean that it would be more difficult to cure. I guess you knew that, and i just didn't feel sure of your internet irony.

Nailec

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 30, 2009, 06:04 PM
i woke up this morning and had a couple sneezes, i think i might have swine flu. better go to the ER.

oh and mutation? am i the only one that thinks that's kind of cool?

better post your problems here
http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,15520.0.html

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Variable on Apr 30, 2009, 03:31 PM
we're fucked

meaning you, americans.

6 suspected cases Hosh.  Meaning that someone came in with flu like symptoms and everyone freaked out.  Its all good bro, just relax.

The infection numbers would be showing by now.  Every fucking idiot out there thinks they have swine flu every time they sneeze.  I get so many people coming into my clinic every day thinking they have it.  But they don't.  If anyone meets the criteria to be a possible swine flu case, then we do a nasal flush on them, collect a sample, and send it to the lab.  Then it gets confirmed.  The incubation period is only like a day or two ( sorry I can't remember exactly ) So really, by now, we would know.  And if it does mutate?  Oh well?  Then we can call it swine flue the sequel?  The pharmaceutical companies get to offload more antivirals? 

I'm not an expert here, but I don't think the flu virus is nearly as unstable as the rhinovirus ( common cold ) Thats why you can make vaccines for the flu, because it aint going to mutate or change.  Good luck with your fear though.

Went from 0 to 6 in one night. I don't like that.

I really am trying not to worry about it though, considering how little I trust the media. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole swine flu thing is just a diversion from the real news, whatever that is.

alvarezbassist17

we live in worse times when everybody feels the need to jump to ridiculous conclusions on both sides of the political spectrum.  wtf is the matter with you man? i don't remember you ever posting all this negative shit before.

that Ron Paul video on abortion was pretty good, i loved the end, when he pretty much said he'd rather take a bullet to the dome than vote for one of the other nominees haha.  what a guy.

deftonekid

Quote from: Necrocetaceanbeastiality on Apr 30, 2009, 09:55 AM
Not if there are all of a sudden suspected cases near where I live.
I know what you mean...

Nailec

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Apr 30, 2009, 11:11 PM

we live in worse times when everybody feels the need to jump to ridiculous conclusions on both sides of the political spectrum.  wtf is the matter with you man? i don't remember you ever posting all this negative shit before.

that Ron Paul video on abortion was pretty good, i loved the end, when he pretty much said he'd rather take a bullet to the dome than vote for one of the other nominees haha.  what a guy.

negative shit? what is wrong with critizizing homophobes? if ron paul isnt a homophobe than i have to say sorry: i based that statement on wrong facts.

i havent watched the abortion video yet. so i cant comment on that. but i commented the homo-marriage-video above.

Jerry_Curls

Exactly...criticizing him on FALSE facts. Ron Paul stands for LIBERTY and FREEDOM...unlike the presidents we've had for the past 20 years. 

I know this video has nothing to do with "Swine Flu" [US officials have decided to change the name of the flu to 2009 H1N1 flu] but its something we should all see...

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m68lUe40nXI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And whats with the WHO [World Health Organization] raising the the flu up to level 5? One step below a full blown pandemic...wtf....don't give in, resist flu shots.

Another interesting video...
http://snardfarker.ning.com/video/breaking-news-loss-of-civil
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.