Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Swine flu.

Started by lostpilot, Apr 26, 2009, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailec

i didnt expect, anyone could laugh about that cheap joke.

seems, i overestimated you guys

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 10:53 AM
No one seems to notice that Australia never seems to have any of these kind of problems *raises eyebrow*

I think the mass hysteria going on in the UK right now is a joke, they're diagnosing anyone with Flu symptons as having Swine Flu, it's stupid, so people are getting a fever, sore throat etc. and being told they have Swine Flu.

Actually Australia had/has a really big scare. They are the first country to have someone injected with a swine flue/avian flu/ cocktail of a flu vaccine just yesterday or the day before.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 23, 2009, 07:25 AM
I haven't heard/read of swine flu cases in Israel...they must have created it!
Or they just killed it when it tried to come in.  Because the Israeli military is bad ass.
Quote from: Subliminal on Jul 23, 2009, 10:53 AM
No one seems to notice that Australia never seems to have any of these kind of problems *raises eyebrow*

I think the mass hysteria going on in the UK right now is a joke, they're diagnosing anyone with Flu symptons as having Swine Flu, it's stupid, so people are getting a fever, sore throat etc. and being told they have Swine Flu.
dude, youre preaching to the choir.  I dont know if you remember, but I work in Navy Medicine.  Every mother fucker with a sneeze gets a nasal flush ( the test to see if you have swine flu ) and quarantined until the results come back.  It is fucking ridiculous.  You are at least supposed to be running a fever to meet the criteria.  I have had a nasty ass cold kicking my ass all week.  But I refuse to try and get some time to rest because I dont want to contribute to the H1N1 numbers.  We are even ordering a shit ton of tamiflu to deploy with, just in case it hits Afghanistan.  It is so fucking ridiculous. 
Quote from: Nailec on Jul 23, 2009, 05:51 PM
i didnt expect, anyone could laugh about that cheap joke.

seems, i overestimated you guys
oh come on now snoockums.  You know it was funny.  And you know we still love your crazy Zionist ass.

Subliminal

Yeah it's just stupid.

I'm abit of an open minded person, i do dabble in abit of conspiracy and when rich corporations have an overflow of drugs they can't get rid of, pandemics like these seem all too convinient! Especially when people are being diagnosed with out any proper blood test or ANY fluid test of some sort.

Plus, people are running around, panicking, when they don't even realise it probably doesn't even exist and if it does, it's hardly in large numbers! Thousands upon thousands die of Flu here and America and all over the world. Most of the death count is probably normal flu and the media are whacking it up as Swine Flu, just to keep the panicking and hysteria flowing.

I don't buy it anyway, i find it hilarious when people do panick now though.

Variable

I totally believe that the hysteria was created by the pharmaceutical companies to dump off large amounts of anti virals.  Thats not a conspiracy theory, its just logical and likely. 

and last I checked, 36,000 died from the regular flu this past season in the US.....thats a shit ton more than h1n1.  Where was the hysteria there? 

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:06 PM
I totally believe that the hysteria was created by the pharmaceutical companies to dump off large amounts of anti virals.  Thats not a conspiracy theory, its just logical and likely. 

and last I checked, 36,000 died from the regular flu this past season in the US.....thats a shit ton more than h1n1.  Where was the hysteria there? 

Yeah the last i checked it was 200-300 thousand people die of flu in the America ALONE and here's people going ''omg a baby has died of swine flu, an old man has died of swine flu, someone has died of swine flu''

Oh yeah and you're gonna believe that just because the news has told you so.

Variable

The only significant thing about h1n1 was that very rarely does a swine flu go from pig to human to human to human.  The human to human is just rare.  But in now way is it any more deadly or resistant than a regular flu.  Why can't people just figure this out?

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:11 PM
The only significant thing about h1n1 was that very rarely does a swine flu go from pig to human to human to human.  The human to human is just rare.  But in now way is it any more deadly or resistant than a regular flu.  Why can't people just figure this out?

I didn't even think pigs could get it? even the Mexicans said it must be man made, right from the start.

Variable

There is a swine flu every year.  Sometimes it goes from a pig to a human but usually stops there.  Even more rarely it keeps going from human to human.  I think the last time this happened was in the 70s. 

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:18 PM
There is a swine flu every year.  Sometimes it goes from a pig to a human but usually stops there.  Even more rarely it keeps going from human to human.  I think the last time this happened was in the 70s. 

Ahh i see, it's funny, when Michael Jackson died, the whole focus was on him and the fact that they would be treating any symptons as Swine Flu, was smacked in a little box on page 4 of the national newspapers!

I had glandular fever last month and the first thing the Dr asked me was '' i don't suppose you've just got back from Mexico have you??'' if i had said yes, i could garuntee he'd of diagnosed me with it and stocked me up with Tamiflu!!

Ridiculous man. Then i would've died because my throat closed up from swollen tonsills and then i'd be a 'swine flu death'

Variable

lol, that is a really good point actually.  Thank god when I had systemic chlamydia a couple months ago the DR was smart enough to realize it wasnt swine and got me the proper meds!

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
lol, that is a really good point actually.  Thank god when I had systemic chlamydia a couple months ago the DR was smart enough to realize it wasnt swine and got me the proper meds!

Jesus, what's that? a hyper version of chylamydia? haha

Variable

lol.  No its just a joke I make about myself.  I had a pretty wild sexual experience in Vegas with a couple girls and I couldn't bust with a condom on so my drunk ass took it off.  The next day I got really sick.  Like my whole time in the Navy, I have never been seen at sick call.  But every lymph node in my body was swollen, especially the ones in my pubic area.  And I just felt like shit.  I just caught some kind of fucked up bacterial thing.  One shot of penicillin took care of it all.  But I thought for sure it was an STD so I got a full check done, everything was negative.  Just a coincidence. 

Subliminal

Quote from: Variable on Jul 24, 2009, 12:08 AM
lol.  No its just a joke I make about myself.  I had a pretty wild sexual experience in Vegas with a couple girls and I couldn't bust with a condom on so my drunk ass took it off.  The next day I got really sick.  Like my whole time in the Navy, I have never been seen at sick call.  But every lymph node in my body was swollen, especially the ones in my pubic area.  And I just felt like shit.  I just caught some kind of fucked up bacterial thing.  One shot of penicillin took care of it all.  But I thought for sure it was an STD so I got a full check done, everything was negative.  Just a coincidence. 

Ahh silly fucker lol i bet you panicked getting your results? although i've never heard of swollen lymph nodes and HIV going together!

But yeah, same for me, Glandular Fever is caught from kissing, so basically it's a nasty, dirty throat bacterial thing, you probably know this though, but two nights in hospital being drip fed anti-biotics blasted that motherfucker away!

Nailec

Quoteoh come on now snoockums.  You know it was funny.  And you know we still love your crazy Zionist ass.

although ii dont know what a "snoockums" is, i admit it was kinda funny ;)

QuoteOr they just killed it when it tried to come in.  Because the Israeli military is bad ass.

no need to tell that jerry. he is probablly like: omg israel is doing holocaust on palestine.

but hey in germany you earn the Federal Cross of Merit, first class these days for saying this:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1246443873531&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

;)

Variable

That does seem kind of weird.  Why would she get any honors for saying that anyways?  Shit, maybe I should move to Germany.  I have totally said more brilliant things than that

Nailec

consider you just read an article of the jerusalem posts. there are different positions on her in germany.

i got the impression most german journalists think that she shouldnt give back this medal.

i think its ok to stand up for surpressed palestine-people.

but this should work without just making israel responsible for the whole conflict.

btw: the medal seems worth a shit. even soccer-trainers got it.

someone who got this honor was once even a member in the "Waffen SS"

just promise not to build up germany again, if it ever starts a war again. somewhen its just enough. ;)

Variable

I wouldnt like ever try to make the 4th Reich or anything.  But I wouldn't mind seeing the EU break up a bit into free societies again.  I should probably just worry about the US for now though.  Its bad enough here.

Jerry_Curls

DOD to require H1N1 flu vaccinations for all active-duty personnel
By Jennifer H. Svan, Stars and Stripes
European edition, Friday, September 4, 2009

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=64556

Starting this fall, all active-duty personnel will be required to get vaccinated against the H1N1 flu virus, Defense Department officials announced this week.

Health care workers, deploying troops, those serving on ships and submarines, and enlistees are among those who will get the vaccination first, said Army Dr. (Lt. Col.) Wayne Hachey, director of preventive medicine for Defense Department health affairs.

"Any place where we take a bunch of people, squash them all together ... and put them under stressful conditions will get the vaccine first," Hachey said during an interview Tuesday on the military's Pentagon Channel. "Flu on a submarine is a very bad thing. We'd rather prevent that if we can."

Hachey said he expects DOD to begin administering the vaccine in the first half of October. The department has purchased 2.7 million doses, according to Hachey.

He said the vaccine will also be available to DOD civilians and military family members who want it.

"The question will be when your turn will come," he said.

Military commands in Europe could not say Thursday when they expected to have the vaccine in hand.

"We're going to make sure everyone gets it this year," said Phil Tegtmeier, a U.S. Army Europe Regional Medical Command spokesman. "We're working on our own plan for administering the vaccine."

U.S. Air Forces in Europe will start vaccinating its troops for swine flu once supplies arrive, USAFE officials said Thursday, noting the program will likely occur at the same time as seasonal flu vaccinations. Active-duty personnel who have had adverse reactions to the regular influenza vaccine won't be required to get the H1N1 vaccine, USAFE officials said in an e-mail to Stars and Stripes.

Still uncertain is whether people will need one or two doses.

"The assumption right now is that people will need two doses, 21 days apart," Hachey said. "That may change."

If two doses are required, military members who deploy after their first inoculation will be able to receive a second round of the vaccination downrange, Hachey said.

The vaccine is still being tested in clinical trials. Swiss drug maker Novartis said Thursday that early results from human tests on one of its swine flu vaccines show it might work with just one dose.

Novartis is one of five manufacturers currently producing an H1N1 vaccine for the United States, according to USAFE.

As drug makers rush to develop a proven vaccine for swine flu, an official with the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said CDC will be monitoring the inoculations for safety.

"We're not expecting any unusual events associated with the vaccine," CDC spokesman Tom Skinner said Thursday, "since we're using the same sort of technology to produce the seasonal flu vaccine every year."
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality