Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

2009 Sharing Lungs Music Draft (Discussion)

Started by theis, Apr 27, 2009, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An bád dubh

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 03, 2009, 11:15 PM
it's done. Sorry i took so long, but i didn't realize we reversed it at the end.
It's cool bro. Now you and me can chill though, as there will be like 20 draft picks before it's our turn again.

Oh, and I made my second pick now as well.

Starz

I think you're meant to edit your first post, not make a new one... Could be wrong though.

An bád dubh

Yeah, I thought of that myself too... but then again it seems that Azwe is editing his first post with everyone's picks and I figured that this way at least people will see if there's a new post on the thread. Heh, I could be very wrong as well though  ;)

Starz

I swear this Forum is dead on weekends. Fuck, maybe I need to get a life!

lostpilot

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 03, 2009, 03:03 PM
12. crazylegs
Round 1: Radiohead
Round 2: Tool
Round 3:
Round 4:
Round 5:
Round 6:
Round 7:
Round 8:
Round 9:
Round 10:

man, that is SO not fair.
;D

Crazylegs

i disagree. Wish i placed the mars volta there instead of tool though.

theis

An bád dubh

Heh, I was afraid that you would do that man. But I gotta agree with lostpilot that your first 2 picks might get you far in the game when it comes down to voting.

Man, I think I'm taking this game way too seriously. It's always disturbing when your wife is telling you to stop writing on a message board about some stupid game and come to sleep.

defskull

I think that maybe the time limit should have been a 24 hour time period considering various time zones.  If 8 of 12 hours were spent sleeping and the next four were not spent immediately coming here, how is that fair?

Crazylegs

if we're going to reverse from top to bottom every round, i say the ones who missed their turn choose two on the way back. I'm sorry if that didn't make much sense.

theis

hey defskull, i edited your post. the pick you made (deftones) should be placed in front on "Round 2" since you missed the first round. When you've made your Round 10 pick, you can make a pick for the first round.

theis

About missed turns:

You are only allowed to miss a turn once. Second time you miss a turn you're out.

If you miss a turn, like defskull did in Round 1, you must wait to fill out that Round 1 spot until you've picked a band for Round 10.

It's all in the rules on the first page.

And okay, I'll change the time limit to 24 hours.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Starz on May 03, 2009, 11:47 PM
I swear this Forum is dead on weekends. Fuck, maybe I need to get a life!
no. having a life sucks, man.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: An bád dubh on May 04, 2009, 12:03 AM
Heh, I was afraid that you would do that man. But I gotta agree with lostpilot that your first 2 picks might get you far in the game when it comes down to voting.

Man, I think I'm taking this game way too seriously. It's always disturbing when your wife is telling you to stop writing on a message board about some stupid game and come to sleep.

Don't feel bad, I spent an hour picking bands for a list so I don't have to think about it when it's my turn, but I also picked substitutes of equal caliber for each of my picks lol.  I'm fucking ready!

An bád dubh

Haha, sounds like you're definitely ready man!

An bád dubh

Clann Zú is a nice pick bro. I applaud you for that. I was undecided between that and The Mars Volta but finally decided go with The Mars Volta.

theis

Starz

just waiting for wither-i then i will post mine.

theis

i don't think he'll post. he hasnt been online for a while now...

should i draw him from the draft or should he got some more hours to make his pick?

Jacob

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 05, 2009, 01:33 PM
i don't think he'll post. he hasnt been online for a while now...

should i draw him from the draft or should he got some more hours to make his pick?

he should get 24 hours like everyone else. send him a pm and remind him, maybe?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep