Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

Inkblades

Mostly wishful thinking on my part, but I was hoping the creation of this mailing list meant he was going to send something out.

Vesanic

Soon is the door, patience is the key. ;)

E-Money

Who knows... could be right around the corner  ;)

lithium

LOL. RT @amychance Shaun's listening to @CrossesMusic mixes. Women are gonna get pregnant when this comes out.
web • 7/19/11 3:07 PM

💩

Menos el Oso

Chernobyl sounds tripped out.

iceache

THIS IS CROSSES....

THIS IS WHAT TEAM SLEEP SHOULD HAVE BEEN... holy shit... whatever track that is, it's giving me chills hearing chino sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2lJBa0wGE

rock_n_frost

stoked to the last one
everyone should listen it
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Vesanic

Obviously this is going to have a huge Team Sleep feel, that was predictable.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Starz

Got an M83 vibe going on in that new clip. Cannot wait for this release

iceache

beginning of august... so closeeeee

E-Money

Love the dark vibe. Shit sounds massive!

Inkblades

White Wrist

Penicks

not really sure if i like chino's voice, which is really really weird

stunt-r

trippy ass video...love the sound

the new tattoo, this video and side project...chino isn't the same anymore...ever since SNW he seems to be a completely different person.

iceache

Quote from: stunt-r on Jul 26, 2011, 10:23 PM

the new tattoo, this video and side project...chino isn't the same anymore...ever since SNW he seems to be a completely different person.

Yeah, he actually functions as a musician now. It's awesome.

stunt-r

Quote from: iceache on Jul 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

Not what I was referring to, ass hat.

If you're trying to say he functions now, what about the other 21 years of making music? He has been pretty successful to be dysfunctional...

I was referring to his way of thinking now. I love deftones, and I'm usually into any projects or collabs that Chino has been a part of...but he's into some weird shit now.

It's no mystery that the vast majority of musicians are not religious, and sing about their disbelief in it. But his new tattoo, this new project, some of the newer art work...just some bizarre shit. When Chi was around there was a completely different side of Chino I feel.

Me personally, I have always been religious and have chosen not to mix my music taste and religion together...I'm just gonna do myself a big favor and NOT look any further into the meaning of the project "crosses" or any of the lyrics...just enjoy the sound. Hard to not see something deeper though when there is 3 crosses stuck on the screen in a row, and weird people in masks doing strange shit...

That's just my $.02.

iceache

Quote from: stunt-r on Jul 26, 2011, 11:37 PM

Quote from: iceache on Jul 26, 2011, 10:26 PM

Not what I was referring to, ass hat.

If you're trying to say he functions now, what about the other 21 years of making music? He has been pretty successful to be dysfunctional...

I was referring to his way of thinking now. I love deftones, and I'm usually into any projects or collabs that Chino has been a part of...but he's into some weird shit now.

It's no mystery that the vast majority of musicians are not religious, and sing about their disbelief in it. But his new tattoo, this new project, some of the newer art work...just some bizarre shit. When Chi was around there was a completely different side of Chino I feel.

Me personally, I have always been religious and have chosen not to mix my music taste and religion together...I'm just gonna do myself a big favor and NOT look any further into the meaning of the project "crosses" or any of the lyrics...just enjoy the sound. Hard to not see something deeper though when there is 3 crosses stuck on the screen in a row, and weird people in masks doing strange shit...

That's just my $.02.

Just a video, just a band name.

He wasn't very functional in the past.. have you not seen the rift in the band since White Pony?

Does it matter if chino is religious? no, it doesn't affect his music at all. Just because the band is called Crosses, doesn't mean it's got anything to do with religion.

Also

Since the first time since May, Chino has tweeted

https://twitter.com/chinowmoreno/status/95993661308932096

Just the link to the video.. something's coming soon...