Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire

VictorPL

if this album is supposed to be out in les than a week (august 2nd? at least thats what i think ive heard), shouldint we have some sort of tracklist or album artwork by now? or at least a full song?

skinnypuppy

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 29, 2011, 03:10 AM
The thought crossed (No pun intended) my mind that mastermind was Chino, but somebody who would know verified to me that its not him. Might be somebody else though. Perhaps Shaun, or at least somebody close to them.

Something is definitely happening next Tuesday. It will definitely be more than a song. Just not sure if it's an EP or an album. I'm hoping for an album. How amazing would 16 songs coming out of nowhere be? Either way, I'm enjoying the mysterious, underground 'net campaign they have created with this. It makes everything more exciting

Rumors is definitely not Chino and probably not Shaun, nor does it really matter. Mastermind was Chino's Myspace name back in the day (how can none of you remember this?) and was also the name of his mixtapes. Whether or the person registered as Mastermind is Chino or not, I have no idea.

Nor do I really care... I think it's cool the board gets secret info from these users before everyone :)

Vesanic

Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 09:14 AM
He posted a photoshop he did of the white pony album... I've never seen a bigger baby

Jerry_Curls

It's kind of funny because the whole witchhouse scene is kind of tongue in cheek. Lots of acts, bands, producers in that scene all use the same symbols and style to make up their band names, yet for some reason...this case is totally different.

I'm guessing Psychic TV should be twittering baby commments like this guy...

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

There Will Be Blood

someone should punch this guy in the fucking mouth

UrZ*

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Jul 29, 2011, 03:24 PM
someone should punch this guy in the fucking mouth

agree, kick him in the teeth
And somewhere, There's someone who cares. With a heart of gold, To have and to hold.

E-Money

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Jul 29, 2011, 11:50 AM
The thought crossed (No pun intended) my mind that mastermind was Chino, but somebody who would know verified to me that its not him. Might be somebody else though. Perhaps Shaun, or at least somebody close to them.

Something is definitely happening next Tuesday. It will definitely be more than a song. Just not sure if it's an EP or an album. I'm hoping for an album. How amazing would 16 songs coming out of nowhere be? Either way, I'm enjoying the mysterious, underground 'net campaign they have created with this. It makes everything more exciting

Rumors is definitely not Chino and probably not Shaun, nor does it really matter. Mastermind was Chino's Myspace name back in the day (how can none of you remember this?) and was also the name of his mixtapes. Whether or the person registered as Mastermind is Chino or not, I have no idea.

Nor do I really care... I think it's cool the board gets secret info from these users before everyone :)

correct, rumors is neither chino or shaun. 

iceache

damn, and I thought rumors was a band member, or donk... but cool either way that we're getting info from people in the know, even though we dont know who they are...

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

skinnypuppy

Quote from: E-Money on Jul 29, 2011, 04:17 PM

correct, rumors is neither chino or shaun. 

Thanks for the confirmation. I spoke with Rumors once and our dalogue was not that of a band member or anyone with management. Nice guy. Not sure if Donk is involved with the band anymore but either way, Rumors is an insider and makes Deftones board really fun :)

Inkblades

I did remember Chino making those mastermind mixes and also that Myspace. I meant that Shaun might (or might not) be the mastermind who posted in this thread. I'm pretty sure I know who rumors is, but like you said, not that it matters. What interested me about what mastermind wrote is that it will "all" be released, as opposed to just "some". Chino and others have talked about multiple EP's being released in monthly increments, but if you go to www.shaunlopez.com, it says Crosses - LP. Maybe I'm reading too much into it or just doing more wishful thinking. Guess we'll find out for sure on Tuesday.

skinnypuppy

seems odd that shaun would post under a username chino came up with but whatevs

i get paid on monday so i hope its good!

Penicks

wow, that ritalinz dude is the most aggravating cunt ever, how can anyone be a fan of the guy

from_musings

Quote from: iceache on Jul 29, 2011, 03:24 AM
Also, I was thinking that maybe mastermind was shaun, cuz I think rumors is chino

wait what? chino's on this board? shit.. CHINO YOU'RE READIN THIS? SORRY FOR ALL THE BAD THINGS I SAID ABOUT YOU.REMEMbER THAT IT WAS LOVE FOR YOU THAT GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

Danny Keyes

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 29, 2011, 09:47 PM
Also, I was thinking that maybe mastermind was shaun, cuz I think rumors is chino

wait what? chino's on this board? shit.. CHINO YOU'RE READIN THIS? SORRY FOR ALL THE BAD THINGS I SAID ABOUT YOU.REMEMbER THAT IT WAS LOVE FOR YOU THAT GOT ME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE

wow man suck his cock while you're at it.

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Danny Keyes on Jul 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Jul 29, 2011, 09:47 PM

wow man suck his cock while you're at it.

He's fucking around dude

iceache

I hope we get some news or some details this weekend or monday

iceache

Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
I think he says Grass.... lol

But saying Grass doesn't make sense with the whole soul thing... i'm keeping it as graves in my head for now lol

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: iceache on Jul 30, 2011, 04:18 AM
Quote from: gunsrazorsknives on Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
I think he says Grass.... lol

But saying Grass doesn't make sense with the whole soul thing... i'm keeping it as graves in my head for now lol

yeah maybe the more I listen I think you are right