Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defsteve

Quote from: Inkblades on Dec 17, 2013, 03:24 AM
Chino was supposedly on BBC radio before talking about Crosses and Deftones. Anyone happen to catch it?

Was just talking food and Deftones BBC session from earlier in the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nk2jz

Was rather optimistically hoping for some UK tour news but no joy.... :-\
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DeftonesNZ

Thats some good shit,it has the same dreamy vibe as Trophys and just a pure guess but I think that'll be the one the called Deathbell

Inkblades

Yup, most likely. That's also Chernobyl aka the song that played as an intro for Deftones concerts back in 2011. I'm hoping 1994 is Shepherd's Pie and Blk Stallion is When Face Goes Pale.

DeftonesNZ

It's good that we know thats Chernobyl because under a new name because that means When Faces Goes Pale could still be included in the album even though it's not listed which I know alot of people were worried about.

sooniletugo

What's the obsession with When Face Goes Pale? There's much better sounding stuff in that snippets video, I'm hoping 1994 and Blk Stallion are 'Shepherds Pie' and 'Prince Michael'.

Inkblades

Oh, just because it sounds like a classic Pink Floyd track mixed with an Ennio Morricone song from a Sergio Leone spaghetti Western. Oh, and Chino's haunting vocals over it. Just because it sounds dark and moody yet majestic and epic. That's all. To each their own, though.

sooniletugo

Just discovered this, after seeing this video could we guess Black Stallion = 'Shepherds Pie'?
http://telly.com/02C20

scarywindow

'Robert Smith' aka 'Last Chill' and 'Voices' had better be released in some form or another.  Those were two of the most promising Crosses tracks imo.  Still trying to decide whether or not going to see Crosses in Nashville is going to be able to happen for me.  Being broke as fuck after Christmas is no good.

Edit:  I can almost guarantee that 'When Face Goes Pale' is 'Deathbell'... so either 'Voices' or 'Last Chill' aren't making the cut, which makes me sad.
Edit 2: Wait... wait... those two could possibly be the exact same song.  The verse and the chorus parts would fit well together.... please, let that be the case.

Inkblades

Awesome! 1994 is When Face Goes Pale and Blk Stallion is Shepherd's Pie. Both sound heavenly. Chino said there will be four to five bonus tracks, too. Hopefully that still happens.

deftjess

elite54

Fuck yes! I'm pumped for Blk Stallion and 1994.

defsteve

No-one will release a better album in 2014.

/fact
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

DeftonesNZ

I'm fucking excited for this,it seems they've hid the best songs to the last minute.

scarywindow

Fuck me.  The song I was most excited for didn't make the cut.  Wonderful.

scarywindow

Quote from: defsteve on Dec 25, 2013, 01:42 AM
No-one will release a better album in 2014.

/fact

Unless Palms releases another one, then Crosses is sadly doomed. ;)

iceache

sir madrid

sooniletugo

Fuck yeah, I cannot wait for Black Stallion!

Quote from: scarywindow on Dec 25, 2013, 02:35 AM
Fuck me.  The song I was most excited for didn't make the cut.  Wonderful.
What one was that?