Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir madrid

Hank

wow

Death Bell has the makings of probably being one of the greats..first time i checked out that video..blown away
I can only imagine how it will sound once the gits hit

scarywindow

Got Nashville tickets.  Let's see if Crosses can blow me away as much as Palms.  Getting pretty pumped about the record.  Palms should also have album #2 out this coming year, so it's looking really good for 2014.

TheyCallMeP

I'm not as familiar as a lot of members on the board with all of Crosses unreleased material/song snippets, but were any songs left off the track listing that anyone wanted to see on there? Maybe wishful thinking for bonus tracks?

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Dec 29, 2013, 06:51 PM
I'm not as familiar as a lot of members on the board with all of Crosses unreleased material/song snippets, but were any songs left off the track listing that anyone wanted to see on there? Maybe wishful thinking for bonus tracks?
most of them were snippets and either had mixed/unfinished songtitles that are mandatory changes. But yes, there were atleast 3-5 that sounded promising.

Inkblades

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Dec 29, 2013, 06:51 PM

Yup. Quite a bit.

Future Crosses Songs Preview

They all sound good to me, but Cinematiks, A Nightmare on GHST Street, Road Song, Robert Smith, Late Night Low and the Annie Hardy song sound particularly promising. Now, who knows what Chino did and didn't do vocals for (besides Robert Smith and Voices, which have his voice on the snippets), but he said in an interview that there would be four to five bonus tracks. Suppose we won't really know for sure though until the album is released.

hi man

omg. all these years i thought the 1994 and blk stallion snippets were the same song!

Inkblades

http://www.amazon.com/Crosses/dp/B00GWR1XBU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1388772772&sr=1-1&keywords=crosses

Amazon has a slightly different tracklisting, with the opening song called "tbd" (to be determined, probably). Anyway, the official pre-order bundles come with a "digital download", which is most likely some bonus tracks.

sooniletugo

That's weird. I don't think Prurient would make as good a closer as Death Bell. Hopefully that tracklisting's wrong, although I wouldn't mind having the extra track. I wish those bundles were available to the UK as well, but I'm not paying double the price just for the shipping cost.

TheyCallMeP

My guess is that the TBD track on the reordered tracklist is going to be The Years. It fits the pattern of mostly heard tracks being released on the LP and the ending to that song segues well into This Is A Trick (I think that's song 2 on the new tracklist). I wouldn't mind that personally. The Years might be my favorite Crosses song. Wasn't it released between EP 1 and EP 2? The record would then capture all the released tracks between EP 1 and EP 3.

sooniletugo

Great shout. The Years definitely deserves to be the opener on the album and would seque well into Trick (I know this as it plays this way on my iPod lol). I'd prefer a slow, building intro like that, rather than just opening with This Is A Trick. I hope you're right.

DeftonesNZ

I don't think it'll be the years as that was for the batman games soundtrack and they probably had an exclusive album rights deal with them, I'm thinking maybe the tbd song is just the track "†" and they can't display the symbol properly or something as I noticed the cross symbol isn't used in the other names either, also it would be weird for them to have all the songs from the first eps except "†".

Inkblades

Cross is 14 on the Amazon tracklist.

shoop

unlessss it's the live version of Cross.. I wish, but I doubt it.

Deadradio

Quote from: shoop on Jan 06, 2014, 10:07 PM
unlessss it's the live version of Cross.. I wish, but I doubt it.
The live version of † would be sweet.

Inkblades

shoop

Inkblades

Hopefully Crosses playing Coachella means they'll be having a decently sized tour run.

I wonder if they'll be playing any unheard songs tomorrow night?

scarywindow

i'd say they'll be playing every song from the record.  i'll try and get a recording of Nashville if i can.