Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electron§

Then again though they did play "Finger of Death" pretty damn early, but I think that was due to the fact that they *thought* they had a whole album, (given that Chinos earliest statement about Saturday Night Wrist was "straight up evil" when clearly the only thing from that era that matches that description is "Buffalo/Finger of Death") but then maybe trashed all that really dark stuff besides FOD for the Ezrin demos.

Thats not the point though, it was confirmed several times, Eros is a pretty much done album, and thats all that matters. 

DeftonesNZ

Yeah i think thats what happened they said they practically threw half the stuff away when they changed

dictatesofreason

bewareofrats

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Sep 29, 2012, 09:37 PM
I just don't get this obsession with Eros. yes, it would be very interesting to hear it. but for one, it wasn't finished and judging from the SNW demos, unfinished Deftones material isn't all that exciting.

Well, that's your opinion. I love these demos and they're definitely exciting to me. Just accept that some people love that kind of material and you'll understand the obsession.

Me too.  I like how creative yet different those demos are.  I expect Eros was more along those lines.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

dictatesofreason

yea way back when eros got cut, people got pissed at me cuz i wanted hear that shit. nice to know that other people wnat to hear it too. and all you fucks who say otherwise cant eat shit, cuz when an older song from 92 pops out you all are the ones to want it and talk about how awesome it is. Whocares what they put out when they put out, you are a deftones fan for a reason; they diverse have thier own sound you a just an idiot for thinking other wise.

rock_n_frost

@SNW

Stef :All you need to do is just sing over the music !
Chino : I dont like this song. I dont feel it.
Stef : Stop being an asshole and do your job, the song will be great.
Chino : It is not, goddamnit !..

@Serj Tankain

Stef: What do u think about this song?
Serj: This is a great demo. ''..nanaaa..nanana...nanana..stay away from you..universeee...nanana''
Stef: Omg, you did it in 1 day. See, Chino?
Chino: -_-' ok,whatever...

@Eros
Deftones: Working with Terry Date again, it is awesome. He is like our 6th member.

@DE
Deftones: Working with Nick is way better than Terry. Because we dont wanna do that dark songs and smoke or drink so much.

@KNY
Deftones: Terry was avialable but we pick up Nick again. Because working with Terry is no good for us. We can do heavy,dark songs without him. We didnt like his helps at Eros so Nick is the one for us.
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

rainnyx4

@Deftonesfans

"Dumb as shit."

nineteen

Besides, demos happen before the creativity police get involved!

Eros is a mystery and that's it's charm for me.

Jacob

Quote from: nineteen on Oct 03, 2012, 01:44 AM

and that is exactly my point. it's a typical case of you wanting what you can't have. if it's leaked or released, the novelty will probably wear off really fast.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Penicks

Quote from: Jacob on Oct 03, 2012, 02:26 PM
Quote from: nineteen on Oct 03, 2012, 01:44 AM

and that is exactly my point. it's a typical case of you wanting what you can't have. if it's leaked or released, the novelty will probably wear off really fast.

or, you know, maybe it's the best thing they've ever made

rock_n_frost

and the mystery goes on !..

Tempest2012

Okay so I am late to the party so to speak regarding this thread, but is this album ever going to see the light of day in your guys' opinions?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

N0S3BLEED976

dictatesofreason

Yes if,
1) Chi makes a fascinating recovery and is back on the stage in less than a year (Least likely though I'm hoping)
2) The 'Tones disband and put out a massive discography relase in which EROS is included (Somewhat likely if they disband)
3) Due to the outcry of fans they decide to relase EROS as a thank you to all the hardcore fans, possibly ina deluxe vinyl release (Least Likely)
4) Someone within the industry, record company, band circle finds/steals/leasks the album (Most likly to happen IMHO, just look at Entertain Me)

Hidalgo

they said Chino only finished a little more than half the vocals, so he would have to finish the vocals. i wonder if he already has the lyrics writen down, or on rough demos, or if he'd have to make up new melodies & lyrics to the unfinished songs

dictatesofreason

hmm well we can only hope   :)

deftoolsys07

I think it will be released in some form, at some time. Probably not as an official album, but maybe 5 songs or so will be officially released. Whatever Chino didn't finish, I strongly doubt he will go back and finish up. Like they always say, they would rather write new shit than work on an album that's years old and that reflects a certain time in their life. They've moved on. Which holds true to my own work. I have a tough time finishing shit, and it is very hard to go back and work on a song that's 5 years old than just write all new shit all together...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

dictatesofreason

Yea thats understandable i guess.

rock_n_frost

The album were finished include lyrics.
They were remastering it on the studio.
So all the songs are complete   INNNNNN    MYYYYYYY    OPINIOOOOOONNNN !!!!!!!!!!

iceache

Quote from: rock_n_frost on Oct 11, 2012, 02:49 AM
The album were finished include lyrics.
They were remastering it on the studio.
So all the songs are complete   INNNNNN    MYYYYYYY    OPINIOOOOOONNNN !!!!!!!!!!

It's not an opinion when it's 100% wrong. They've said many times that chino never finished the vocals.