Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicklav

I would buy this album in every format if they released it. I do that anyways for Deftones records, so maybe I'll have to do it twice over for this.

N0S3BLEED976

I think they could charge whatever they want for it, fans would buy it anyway. At least I'd do so.
Hopefully they won't sell it through their website only. I have no credit card or paypal and do not plan to get them in the future.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah neither do I plus I like to have a physical copy anyway especially if the price is the same. Would be sweet if they made it like a special edition Chi memorial album and charged a bit more than usual but had it in really nice packaging with a decent booklet with stories about Chi with photo's, maybe with a t-shirt or something aswell.

play

I have a feeling we will never hear it.  :( It reckon it will be too hard for them. Just what i think anyway.

defTHE1s

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 01, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, that was totally unexpected, but...

Tracklist:

Dallas (4'37)
XO (5'11)
Alisson (3'44)
Destiny (2'16)
Melanie (2'40)
Latex (3'57)
You ate it (4'01)
Firelegs (3'12)
Trempest (2'30)
Maya (5'36)

Download (320kbps MP3):

www.mediafire.com/?3ibw0om00jf

Mind = blown.
Trempest. Pre-Tempest?
I don't know if he used some working titles there, Just curious coincidence haha...

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

DJR

sing blue silver

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 17, 2013, 09:38 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 01, 2011, 05:17 PM
Well, that was totally unexpected, but...

Tracklist:

Dallas (4'37)
XO (5'11)
Alisson (3'44)
Destiny (2'16)
Melanie (2'40)
Latex (3'57)
You ate it (4'01)
Firelegs (3'12)
Trempest (2'30)
Maya (5'36)

Download (320kbps MP3):

www.mediafire.com/?3ibw0om00jf

Mind = blown.
Trempest. Pre-Tempest?
I don't know if he used some working titles there, Just curious coincidence haha...

Trempest was a tentative Eros title. The band has addressed that it's a different song from Tempest.

ANattyRat

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Apr 17, 2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah neither do I plus I like to have a physical copy anyway especially if the price is the same. Would be sweet if they made it like a special edition Chi memorial album and charged a bit more than usual but had it in really nice packaging with a decent booklet with stories about Chi with photo's, maybe with a t-shirt or something aswell.

That'd be a great idea, someone could probably suggest that to the band (in the future, not any time soon) if they were close enough.

jaypayton

it will never be released...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: jaypayton on Apr 18, 2013, 05:11 AM
it will never be released...
Why not? the band has never said it wouldn't be released they've always just said it would be when the times is right , basically they said they were hoping they could release when Chi was conscious again.

DJR

IS Eros available in Demos? I saw a guy say on facebook say he was listening to the album of demos..... i take hes just chatting shit?

luisch

Quote from: DJR on Apr 18, 2013, 06:49 PM
IS Eros available in Demos? I saw a guy say on facebook say he was listening to the album of demos..... i take hes just chatting shit?

bullshit, nothing of EROS was released to the date.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

N0S3BLEED976

I'd give my left ball for Eros... *sigh*

DJR

Quote from: luisch on Apr 18, 2013, 07:02 PM

No, i thought so...its just i thought id missed something

luisch

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Apr 18, 2013, 07:11 PM
I'd give my left ball for Eros... *sigh*

and I'll help with my right one
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

ignore the fashion

Quote from: DJR on Apr 18, 2013, 07:49 PM
Quote from: luisch on Apr 18, 2013, 07:02 PM

No, i thought so...its just i thought id missed something

If anything he probably had the bob ezrin demos or was just  talking bull shit.

Sicario

Probably a dumb question. But was Eros actually completed? Like mastered and mixed? Or did they leave it in the demo phase?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Inkblades

All the instrumental parts are finished, but Chino was only about halfway through the vocals when Chi had the accident.

Sicario

So if they released it would he finish the vocals or would it just be "as is"?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

Teknoman

Quote from: Heisenberg on Apr 22, 2013, 09:31 PM
So if they released it would he finish the vocals or would it just be "as is"?

I think it would be released "as is" because Deftones have said that their records are some kind of "time stamp" and thats one of the reasons every record sounds different and i dont think that Chino will be able to go back to that emotinal space/state and write/sing lyrics that matches "Eros' sound"... but who knows really.

I just hope that they release everything and not just the finished songs with vocals.

I make music too