Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

No I don't think that's it I saw an interview where Chino said they as a group hadn't seen him in a year, but that doesn't mean individually. also those visits are extremely tough for the people that really care having had family members in a similar situation as Chi it kills you every you see them as just a shadow of their former self and it's especially tough because there's nothing you can do at all, it really fucks you up mentally you start thinking do they recognise me? do they understand what I'm saying at all? or is there nothing inside? it's extremely painful to see someone you care about like that, you really need to work yourself up to do one of those visits otherwise you'll just breakdown. Plus the pain is obvious you can see it in the couple of interviews they've done since his passing Chino will be happy and smiling but as soon as Chi has been mentioned Chino's face drops and goes super quiet and just sits silently looking really somber for the rest of the interview.

N0S3BLEED976

They're just trying to stay positive and strong, especially when they are in front of their fans and the public in general. It's the best therapy they can possibly get, I guess. I believe the band probably got very emotional about it several times when they were among themselves.

iceache

I doubt we'll see it this year... and we certainly wont hear it completed. It'll be as is, right now.

play

Quote from: endstand on May 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'd rather Chino finish his vocals on the album. Given Chi's death, I feel like he's going to let it all out and have this be the most emotionally angry and depressing Deftones album yet, which will undoubtedly turn out to be completely fucking beautiful in an emotionally fucked kind of way.

Also, I'm new here. Hi guys!

I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like Chino doesn't feel very touched by Chi's death; I don't know about the others. There were few interviews where Chino, asked about Chi's condition, sounded very lame. He mentioned that he hadn't visit Chi for one year. If they were so great friends, how can you explain that Chino is not visiting Chi? Band often mention that they're like a family, but that just doesn't mix good with not visiting a friend who is in need of support. How can you not find enough time during whole year to visit a friend?

And there was this video interview posted somewhere where band is asked about Eros, and Steph pointed out in not friendly manner that Chino is the one responsible for all the situation with Eros.
Jesus christ, fuck this.

Bza々

Quote from: people are people on May 11, 2013, 07:21 AM
amazing, Bza々its you in the picture?

Ya totally bro, I'm Anne Frank 2.0 all day son.

Bza々

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
I think Chino needs to get on those vocals pretty quick, it may seem stupid but at the moment they're pretty down and twisted emotionally like when Eros was initially made so in order for him to sort of make that music again he needs to be in that state of mind could also be a therapeutic way of dealing with Chi's death.

Fuck that. He isn't the same person he was then. He'll just fuck it up with this new style of his. Release it as is.

ignore the fashion

Just my opinion on this new information regarding Eros.

I don't mean to be an asshole or anything just stating my opinion here.

I think SO many people here on this board will probably end up totally bashing Eros, if it is released, simply because it isn't ever going to be able to live up to the way THEY expect it to sound. They've hyped it up so much that it will never be able to sound as good as they are expecting or hoped it would. If it does and they actually do like it I will be very surprised to say the least.

We really have nothing to really judge Eros on except for maybe a song they played live once or twice and maybe a few little snippets from YouTube.

I would be happy to just hear it as is or even if they choose to go back and finish what wasn't done.

Now this is just my opinion as well, but I feel like when I band goes and starts working on new music, they play and make music THEY like. They just have hopes that the fans will like it as much as they do.

Inkblades

Quote from: endstand on May 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Quote from: MaximumPezcore on May 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
I'd rather Chino finish his vocals on the album. Given Chi's death, I feel like he's going to let it all out and have this be the most emotionally angry and depressing Deftones album yet, which will undoubtedly turn out to be completely fucking beautiful in an emotionally fucked kind of way.

Also, I'm new here. Hi guys!

I don't want to sound rude, but I feel like Chino doesn't feel very touched by Chi's death; I don't know about the others. There were few interviews where Chino, asked about Chi's condition, sounded very lame. He mentioned that he hadn't visit Chi for one year. If they were so great friends, how can you explain that Chino is not visiting Chi? Band often mention that they're like a family, but that just doesn't mix good with not visiting a friend who is in need of support. How can you not find enough time during whole year to visit a friend?

And there was this video interview posted somewhere where band is asked about Eros, and Steph pointed out in not friendly manner that Chino is the one responsible for all the situation with Eros.

I'm 100% positive that you have no clue what you are talking about.

only pieces remain

Quote from: Bza々 on May 12, 2013, 01:38 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 11, 2013, 07:24 AM
I think Chino needs to get on those vocals pretty quick, it may seem stupid but at the moment they're pretty down and twisted emotionally like when Eros was initially made so in order for him to sort of make that music again he needs to be in that state of mind could also be a therapeutic way of dealing with Chi's death.

Fuck that. He isn't the same person he was then. He'll just fuck it up with this new style of his. Release it as is.

this times 1,000,000. release it without ANYTHING else done to it. if half the tracks are instrumental, oh well.

deffur

×× deffur ××

sing blue silver

Everyone seems to think chino saying "now might be the right time" means its coming out soon. You still gotta take into account the label and management and promotion. It's not as easy as just releasing it. Also they have to decide if they wanna finish it. It'll still be a while if we ever hear it. Stop busting a nut over nothing.

deftoolsys07

I don't think anyone's really going to be reviewing the album too seriously if it does get released. It might not even be finished, vocally anyway, when they release it. So for anyone to get bummed about how it's not as good as they expect would be weird. It's more of a thing for Chi at this point than about the music itself, it's just going to be a snapshot of that period. Chino even said it's not the best stuff I believe, but it's whatever. Who cares??

In other words, I expect this to be like the SNW demos, as far as the hype about it and how serious anyone takes it, but it will be officially released and more polished up than the demos obviously...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

SwerveCityUSA

you all are wrong and a bunch of bummers
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 12, 2013, 10:16 PM
Everyone seems to think chino saying "now might be the right time" means its coming out soon. You still gotta take into account the label and management and promotion. It's not as easy as just releasing it. Also they have to decide if they wanna finish it. It'll still be a while if we ever hear it. Stop busting a nut over nothing.

To have something to talk about?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

DeftonesNZ

Also if you actually look at the comments no one is expecting it soon it's just the fact Chino hasn't decided to permanently shelve it now that Chi's gone.

Penicks

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on May 13, 2013, 07:14 AM
you all are wrong and a bunch of bummers

please leave

Bifrost

Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 12, 2013, 02:07 AM

I think SO many people here on this board will probably end up totally bashing Eros, if it is released, simply because it isn't ever going to be able to live up to the way THEY expect it to sound. They've hyped it up so much that it will never be able to sound as good as they are expecting or hoped it would. If it does and they actually do like it I will be very surprised to say the least.

We really have nothing to really judge Eros on except for maybe a song they played live once or twice and maybe a few little snippets from YouTube.

I would be happy to just hear it as is or even if they choose to go back and finish what wasn't done.

Now this is just my opinion as well, but I feel like when I band goes and starts working on new music, they play and make music THEY like. They just have hopes that the fans will like it as much as they do.

I agree, I think its cool they are going to release it and I look forward to it but I have a feeling its not gonna be as great as a lot of people think on here

lyrically its gonna be interesting, if Chino is going to have to write new lyrics for it or if they were completed (the vocals) already

I wonder how long its gonna take for them to get it out and if they will treat like a normal album promo and a tour or if they will just release it as a tribute to Chi

pinata89

Quote from: Bifrost on May 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Quote from: ignore the fashion on May 12, 2013, 02:07 AM

I agree, I think its cool they are going to release it and I look forward to it but I have a feeling its not gonna be as great as a lot of people think on here

lyrically its gonna be interesting, if Chino is going to have to write new lyrics for it or if they were completed (the vocals) already

I wonder how long its gonna take for them to get it out and if they will treat like a normal album promo and a tour or if they will just release it as a tribute to Chi

I highly doubt they will tour in support of the release, and honestly I wouldn't expect them to.  I mean, they abandoned the album to do Diamond Eyes for a reason.  It's pretty obvious that the whole era is a sore subject for them.  I suppose we should feel fortunate that they are even considering a release at all.

With that said, I am super pumped about hearing it.