Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

geraavl08

Diplo

What the fuck is Abe doing with a chapka ?

deftjess

Quote from: Diplo on Feb 09, 2014, 10:21 PM
What the fuck is Abe doing with a chapka ?

Abe is not giving a fuck, that's what hes doing.

Diplo

play

honeybeewu

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

It makes me lol every time someone probes about the name/symbol "+++" and chino is like "Welp, we just think it looks cool". 

It makes me wonder how many of the lyrics that i interpret as being "deep", ended up my my favorite songs because they just sounded  cool.

Maybe it's just revealing the "deepness" in us, the listeners.

Maybe it's too early for me to get so heavy...

Happy Monday everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luisch

Check it out the new edition of Kerrang (february, I think) Abe said they will play new songs in Sonisphere. New album early 2015. I dont have scan or something but I read for someone who have the mag.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

geraavl08

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: luisch on Feb 21, 2014, 03:17 AM
Check it out the new edition of Kerrang (february, I think) Abe said they will play new songs in Sonisphere. New album early 2015. I dont have scan or something but I read for someone who have the mag.

Man, that's in just over four months. I hope they don't rush this thing too much--it wouldn't hurt to ruminate on some tracks rather than just write, record, print. I'd wager that extra time spent revising structure and adding/editing parts after their initial recordings would benefit the final effort. Can't wait to see what they produce.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

luisch

You're right, man. I'm anxious to hear some new tunes
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

iceache

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 21, 2014, 10:55 AM

Man, that's in just over four months. I hope they don't rush this thing too much--it wouldn't hurt to ruminate on some tracks rather than just write, record, print. I'd wager that extra time spent revising structure and adding/editing parts after their initial recordings would benefit the final effort. Can't wait to see what they produce.

Much respect,
-Matt

They played Poltergeist many many months before the album dropped.. and long before it had an official name.. so they don't need to do anything if the song is done

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: iceache on Feb 22, 2014, 05:27 AM
They played Poltergeist many many months before the album dropped.. and long before it had an official name.. so they don't need to do anything if the song is done

Didn't mean to say that that would be necessary for them to produce great tracks, just that the album as a whole might benefit from a second look before they press it. Songs like Poltergeist are great, but other tracks, say like Entombed, could have been much better with just a bit more fleshing out. Anywho, no matter what I'm looking forward to the release, and I'm sure it will be quality even if it doesn't adhere to my stylistic preferences from the band. Haha, it also means we have about 4 months until the board starts buzzing again :P.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

rainnyx4

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 22, 2014, 08:19 AM
Quote from: iceache on Feb 22, 2014, 05:27 AM

Didn't mean to say that that would be necessary for them to produce great tracks, just that the album as a whole might benefit from a second look before they press it. Songs like Poltergeist are great, but other tracks, say like Entombed, could have been much better with just a bit more fleshing out. Anywho, no matter what I'm looking forward to the release, and I'm sure it will be quality even if it doesn't adhere to my stylistic preferences from the band. Haha, it also means we have about 4 months until the board starts buzzing again :P.

Much respect,
-Matt

What???  Entombed is easily the best song off of KNY.  The only possible thing they could have done more with was the bridge.  Usually I'd be pretty bumbed by such a simple break but it worked just about perfectly in the context of that song.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Diplo

The gap between before and after DE is very huge, the guys seem so happy in their life and that's really good for them but sentences like "being a bunch of grumpy assholes is not much fun" makes me think that all they have done in the past (especially S/T and SNW) is done and they will never return to that.

Anyway, new song in july, that's a good new ! "new things under our belt to surprised you with" yeah, I hope really they do.

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 22, 2014, 09:10 AM
What???  Entombed is easily the best song off of KNY.  The only possible thing they could have done more with was the bridge.  Usually I'd be pretty bumbed by such a simple break but it worked just about perfectly in the context of that song.

Just my opinion--not at all more valid than yours. To me Entombed is a great skeleton of a song, it just needs more structure to make it whole. It's a bit too repetitive and monotonous for me--even a different drum fill each time before the chorus would have helped; that one electronic fill just makes the song too predictable. There's a lot about the song I like, and on my first listen to the album I thought I was going to love it, for the first half of the song--but then the second half was just the first half, haha. The direction they went with the bridge was awesome, but it couldn't really come into itself with just a couple of bars of playtime. Just my thoughts though, definitely to be taken with a grain of salt.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

Romain

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 21, 2014, 10:55 AM

Much respect,
-Matt

You never know. As much sense as it makes, Rocket Skates sounded better in 2009 when Diamond Eyes was still in the works, for example.