Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus2Chino

Quote from: Romain on Feb 23, 2014, 06:58 AM
You never know. As much sense as it makes, Rocket Skates sounded better in 2009 when Diamond Eyes was still in the works, for example.

I totally agree--songs like Beware and Rocket Skates were much bigger/heavier when they were first played live. But that could be addressed through editorial means as well. If they sat on it for a couple of months and came back to it, it might have been more apparent to them that the tracks weren't as big as they should be. Haha, on the other hand, they sat on SNW forever and Beware was still a bit downplayed on the record; I suppose no one was very eager to keep working on that album, though (I still really love that song). In the end I'm just spouting BS :P. They'll do it how they do it and I'm sure it will be quality--just gabbing because I'm excited about the prospects of hearing new material and I really want to love the next record, haha.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

vool421

This is a bit confusing.

Didn't Chino said that the band was going on hiatus for the rest of 2014? and now Abe said they are going to play new songs in a couple of months.

Awesome news btw.

cvthedrv

Quote from: vool421 on Feb 24, 2014, 09:44 PM
This is a bit confusing.

Didn't Chino said that the band was going on hiatus for the rest of 2014? and now Abe said they are going to play new songs in a couple of months.

Awesome news btw.

read all this shit again.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 22, 2014, 07:36 PM
You never know. As much sense as it makes, Rocket Skates sounded better in 2009 when Diamond Eyes was still in the works, for example.

The live debut of beware performed before SNW far eclipsed the finished product, why they decided to add cricket sound effects is still beyond me. Brooding raw atmosphere was replaced with overly polished digitised magic dust and it just lost everything it had going for it. It still works better live to this day!

Deftones - Beware (Live @ Area4 Festival, Germany 21.08.2009) 4/14

buddyboy101

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 25, 2014, 07:17 PM

The live debut of beware performed before SNW far eclipsed the finished product, why they decided to add cricket sound effects is still beyond me. Brooding raw atmosphere was replaced with overly polished digitised magic dust and it just lost everything it had going for it. It still works better live to this day!

I liked the cricket sounds.  I thought they were there from the beginning.  Beware was first played live at the San Diego show on Taste of Chaos: Deftones - Beware The Water

976-EVIL

BLAM !!!

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

cvthedrv

wheresmysnare

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Feb 25, 2014, 07:53 PM

I liked the cricket sounds.  I thought they were there from the beginning.  Beware was first played live at the San Diego show on Taste of Chaos: Deftones - Beware The Water

I don't like crickets OH NO! I just don't think it was necessary, if they had to add nature sounds they could have used rain sound effects or something under the mix, in fact that would probably work better, what with the song being about water. Good find, I literally haven't heard that since the month it appeared on here originally.

cvthedrv

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 26, 2014, 09:41 AM

I don't like crickets OH NO! I just don't think it was necessary, if they had to add nature sounds they could have used rain sound effects or something under the mix, in fact that would probably work better, what with the song being about water. Good find, I literally haven't heard that since the month it appeared on here originally.

what more cliche thant rain sound efeccts?, i think that the crickets are fucking awesome.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Jesus2Chino on Feb 21, 2014, 08:55 AM
Quote from: luisch on Feb 21, 2014, 01:17 AM
Check it out the new edition of Kerrang (february, I think) Abe said they will play new songs in Sonisphere. New album early 2015. I dont have scan or something but I read for someone who have the mag.

Man, that's in just over four months. I hope they don't rush this thing too much--it wouldn't hurt to ruminate on some tracks rather than just write, record, print. I'd wager that extra time spent revising structure and adding/editing parts after their initial recordings would benefit the final effort. Can't wait to see what they produce.

Much respect,
-Matt

I don't think it means they're rushing. Well, they might be, but the demo version of Korea, White Pony, was played a good while before the album came out, and as we know, the finished song was a bit different. I don't know, I'm excited regardless :) but reading the interview, it sounds more like a hopeful thing rather than, "Yep, we've already got songs going on," so maybe they won't have anything new by then.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 26, 2014, 02:21 PM

what more cliche thant rain sound efeccts?

thunder and lightening

976-EVIL

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Feb 26, 2014, 10:13 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Feb 26, 2014, 02:21 PM

what more cliche thant rain sound efeccts?

thunder and lightening

Personally I like The Doors....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

geraavl08

It has begun...

luisch

No Frank, no Chino, hope they start jamming.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Diplo

Source ?
I hope they will tease us, not like with KNY

The bong next to Vega... ^^

geraavl08

Quote from: Diplo on Feb 28, 2014, 09:23 PM
Source ?
I hope they will tease us, not like with KNY

The bong next to Vega... ^^

Saw it on Instagram

Diplo