Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2MoreHours

whitefur

Chino had Justin Bieber hair before Justin Bieber had Justin Bieber hair.

LG95

Chino was Chino before Chino was cool.
I could float here forever

whitefur

Chuck Norris has only lost one fight in his life.......versus Chino Moreno.

StaminaDaddy

HooiserBowhunter

Great article thanks for posting it. Damn I can not believe here in about two weeks we will have nine more killer jams.

geraavl08

Chino Moreno was cool 2 more hours than Chongo Morono

snw9

The hype for this album is insane and not to mention how tight of a lid is on the leak.
Code: [Select]

2MoreHours

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 24, 2016, 03:03 AM
The hype for this album is insane and not to mention how tight of a lid is on the leak.

Something tells me this will be the weakest Deftones album.  It just kind of reminds me of Korn how they always say every album will be heavier than the last and they usually end up getting worse.  The first 2 songs released are pretty boring to me.  I'm am cautiously optimistic but we will see.  Seems like Steph is doing damage control after his earlier interview.

ANattyRat

Deftones aren't Korn, and they've never said this album is heavier, just that it's a less optimistic direction than the last two albums, and everyone who's heard the album so far has confirmed that. Maybe those two songs are the two most boring ones on the album. Hearts/Wires and (L)MIRL are described as being very out-there and different to anything they've done before; makes sense they wouldn't release those and instead want people to hear it on the album. I mean, how many people's favourite songs happen to be the singles? Probably not a lot.

Anyway, Koi No Yokan was kept from leaking very well, so I'm not expecting a leak until probably a few days before the release date.

2MoreHours

Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 24, 2016, 03:47 AM
ok korn fan

Yep.  I did like their old stuff as probably 75% of other Deftones fans did.  If you didn't like them, you're either lying or got into Deftones post White Pony.

StaminaDaddy

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 04:07 AM
ok korn fan

Yep.  I did like their old stuff as probably 75% of other Deftones fans did.  If you didn't like them, you're either lying or got into Deftones post White Pony.

lol you wish 75 percent of deftness fans did. even in someone's guesstimating masturbation they wouldn't think that, and thats fine if you like them.

I don't even want to say when I got into deftones because it would just look snobbish. or how songs like some people and gift put to shame any relation to ARE YOU READY!?? more like the sweetest perfection and the chauffeur. It's sad that people judge books by a cover, they've always been more like an 80's english pop group.

ANattyRat

Quote from: StaminaDaddy on Mar 24, 2016, 06:10 AM
Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 04:07 AM
ok korn fan

lol you wish 75 percent of deftness fans did. even in someone's guesstimating masturbation they wouldn't think that, and thats fine if you like them.

I don't even want to say when I got into deftones because it would just look snobbish. or how songs like some people and gift put to shame any relation to ARE YOU READY!?? more like the sweetest perfection and the chauffeur. It's sad that people judge books by a cover, they've always been more like an 80's english pop group.

Yoi Yes Kokan, is that you??? You've arisen so quickly, like an overly-eager and 500x more annoying Jesus.

from_musings

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 03:14 AM
Seems like Steph is doing damage control after his earlier interview.

yeah,first he says that he didn't want to play on the record beacuse of the direction, that it is a chino/sergio record and that the band started leaving him.now he says that the whole debacle was just about one fucking song? lol why didn't he say so from the beginning? would've save a lot of trouble. maybe it was high-as-fuck-stephen that said those things and sober-stephen has to set things straight afterwards

snw9

Something tells me this will be the weakest Deftones album.  It just kind of reminds me of Korn how they always say every album will be heavier than the last and they usually end up getting worse.  The first 2 songs released are pretty boring to me.  I'm am cautiously optimistic but we will see.  Seems like Steph is doing damage control after his earlier interview.

I agree with your comment on Korn however Deftones aesthetically are way better artists than korn. Korn had to hire song writers to help them evolve their sound where as Deftones have done it independently.

2MoreHours

Quote from: snw9 on Mar 24, 2016, 05:12 PM

I agree with your comment on Korn however Deftones aesthetically are way better artists than korn. Korn had to hire song writers to help them evolve their sound where as Deftones have done it independently.

Oh yeah.  Deftones are way better than Korn.  I'm just saying this hype and some of the stuff the guys are saying reminds me of Korn.  I'm trying to temper my excitement for this album.

phil for real

Lol anyone who mentions Korn in the same sentence as Deftones is just being blasphemous. 

snw9

Quote from: 2MoreHours on Mar 24, 2016, 05:34 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Mar 24, 2016, 05:12 PM

Oh yeah.  Deftones are way better than Korn.  I'm just saying this hype and some of the stuff the guys are saying reminds me of Korn.  I'm trying to temper my excitement for this album.

I see what you mean, however deftones have never disappointed. They can still write some really good songs unlike korn, who haven't been able to be as good as they used to be. I was a fan of korn as well however always leaned towards deftones.

I think the album will deliver.

cvthedrv

korn is just a bad joke nowadays, that beastie boys cover is pathetic.