Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

DEFTONES - Koi No Toucan
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

josh_axey

Quote from: Ieatzombies84 on Nov 06, 2012, 02:45 AM
Definitely keeping this album fresh not goin near those samples.

This guy knows whats up.

RaptureWS

I listened to the samples a few times. I stopped once I realized I remembered the melodies to 3 or 4 new songs. 'Gauze' and 'Swerve City' are forever etched into my mind. Kind of disappointed in that, but it really helped curve the anxiety of waiting.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

DRockDot

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 02:43 AM
Quote from: DRockDot on Nov 06, 2012, 02:41 AM
Yeah I hear what u guys are saying, it's just such a major event. DEFTONES records are like a good Christopher Nolan for me. I want to be not ready for anything.

Word. Yeah, I feel ya on that! but the samples are kinda like a teaser trailer? No? hehe

depends on how much the trailer reveals LOL
I am a simple man, with simple tastes... And all I want is a pair of rocket boots.

Jacob

Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 06, 2012, 02:47 AM
I listened to the samples a few times. I stopped once I realized I remembered the melodies to 3 or 4 new songs. 'Gauze' and 'Swerve City' are forever etched into my mind. Kind of disappointed in that, but it really helped curve the anxiety of waiting.

exactly the reason I don't listen to the samples.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Ieatzombies84

Quote from: deftoner664 on Nov 06, 2012, 02:46 AM

DEFTONES - Koi No Toucan
;D. Halo 4 and some poltergeist so says mr. Stewart

DAFTPUNK87

When I finally get my hands/ears on this album ima be doin' dis

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

sir madrid

Been at work all day and still no Koi No Yokan  Da Fuck!!!!! and the Thread been Locked again

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: sir madrid on Nov 06, 2012, 02:54 AM
Been at work all day and still no Koi No Yokan  Da Fuck!!!!! and the Thread been Locked again
Yeah, not a lot has happened.

Only relevant news today is this pretty awesome review:
http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=ac7fdb22-7f9f-4d15-a8b8-35b7d994eb29

bewareofrats

I didn't listen to the samples either but there's no reason to be proud of it.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

sir madrid

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 02:56 AM

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/music/blogs/headbang-blogpost.aspx?post=ac7fdb22-7f9f-4d15-a8b8-35b7d994eb29
one of the best reviews yet. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

DRockDot

Quote from: bewareofrats on Nov 06, 2012, 02:58 AM

I'm proud... So there lol

I am a simple man, with simple tastes... And all I want is a pair of rocket boots.

Vesanic

one weak

Quote from: bewareofrats on Nov 06, 2012, 02:58 AM
sure there is. it's like when you play your cards straight all week, do your job, pay your bills, deal with the bullshit. then, friday night you roll a big joint and you get high and you immediately pat yourself on the back because that feeling is great and you deserve it.

one weak life lessons #1

bewareofrats

Tell me why there are so many people on right now again?  Absolutely nothing is happening more today than the last many many days,
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

sir madrid

Because we are die hard deftones fans and we want this new album and its very close.

DRockDot

Quote from: sir madrid on Nov 06, 2012, 03:07 AM
Because we are die hard deftones fans and we want this new album and its very close.

For reals!

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: sir madrid on Nov 06, 2012, 03:00 AM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 02:56 AM

one of the best reviews yet. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.
Yeah. This got me excited "As strong as Diamond Eyes, 2006's Saturday Night Wrist, and 2003's Deftones were, the music has not been this consistently first-rate since White Pony, and in fact their music has never sounded more vibrant. This music has always meant to shimmer as much as crush." & this "Koi No Yokan expertly plays to all strengths of the band, yet at the same time exhibits phenomenal growth. it's just near-perfect Deftones, it's an album that will have listeners smitten from the get-go."

sir madrid

At least we are not at the stage where there entering the studio, Waiting like 5 more months. Its gonna be my Christmas in the next day or two. So Stoked!!! ;D