Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CliptheApex

Does anyone still actually believe there will be a leak at this point before friday? I highly doubt it.

Ortegasm

Quote from: Pony#1 on Nov 06, 2012, 04:32 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 04:25 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 04:22 AM
Quote from: Pony#1 on Nov 06, 2012, 04:20 AM
I'd give my deftones vinyl box set to the mofo who leaks this thing tonight....I can't wait any longer!

that's loco

ps - what albums + how much did that set you back?

I got the box set before it sold out so that was $200 and then I bought all the vinyls separate so I'd never have to open the thing.  I was also in Portland for the record store day release of the covers Vinyl to see Deftones play so was able to grab that before it sold out and became hard to grab without getting ripped off on ebay

Joey??

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: CliptheApex on Nov 06, 2012, 04:51 AM
Does anyone still actually believe there will be a leak at this point before friday? I highly doubt it.
Well, technically it could leak at any given second/minute/hour/day..

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

Inkblades

Anything is possible.

Pony#1

It doesn't look promising >:(   Lungdamage, every album is available on vinyl some will just run you more money than others. 
Any of you guys luck out and get the autograph Koi No Yokan booklet pre-orders that were available through interpunk and newbury comics?

gui

if you told me last month that we would be leak-less a week before release, i would have never believed you. So nothing will surprise me anymore. But im pretty sure it will leak as soon as the european stores will receive it, but at the same time, whats the point anymore, i think ill just wait for tuesday

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Pony#1 on Nov 06, 2012, 04:59 AM
It doesn't look promising >:(   Lungdamage, every album is available on vinyl some will just run you more money than others. 
Any of you guys luck out and get the autograph Koi No Yokan booklet pre-orders that were available through interpunk and newbury comics?

Yeah, I managed to order one  ;D

Playhouse

The fact that its 3 days from release, and hasn't leaked is amazing.

CliptheApex

Quote from: gui on Nov 06, 2012, 04:59 AM
if you told me last month that we would be leak-less a week before release, i would have never believed you. So nothing will surprise me anymore. But im pretty sure it will leak as soon as the european stores will receive it, but at the same time, whats the point anymore, i think ill just wait for tuesday

Nah, you will snag it on friday like the rest of us on this forum  8)

RaptureWS

Who here likes Finger of Death/Buffalo? I have tried so many times to get into it so many different times. I just don't see what everyone else does I guess. A few cool parts, but likely would have been one of my least favorite released songs of theirs had it made SNW.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Playhouse

Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 06, 2012, 05:12 AM
Who here likes Finger of Death/Buffalo? I have tried so many times to get into it so many different times. I just don't see what everyone else does I guess. A few cool parts, but likely would have been one of my least favorite released songs of theirs had it made SNW.
Love chinos melodies, and also really like the dark vibe to it.

NYRexall

Like 96% of the forum.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 06, 2012, 05:17 AM
Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 06, 2012, 05:12 AM
Love chinos melodies, and also really like the dark vibe to it.
Yeah.. Chino's vocals on that song (live at least) sound very ATF/STesque. I dig the clap samples and Abe's drumming. It's a very strange song, but it rocks. I love it, and hope to hear it on Eros

NYRexall

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 04:57 AM

Like this guy, for instance...

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Black on Nov 06, 2012, 05:20 AM

Yep. I'm stating facts dawg

NYRexall

Finger of Death = evil doom metal <3

shoop

fuckin love the live version of it.. too bad there's no video of that performance.. or any other recordings of it live for that matter

NYRexall

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 05:21 AM

It's really not that amazing that there hasn't been a leak when you think about it. SNW leaked almost three weeks before its release date, then DE leaked months before its release date. Given that and the fact that the advance word on this album is that it's going to be a watershed, it's logical they'd try to protect it from leaking way ahead of time.

It just sucks that people in Germany who get it on the 9th will probably immediately try to upload it. This album is going to be a fucking event. People should cherish the wait.

lungdamage

Quote from: Black on Nov 06, 2012, 05:26 AM

It's really not that amazing that there hasn't been a leak when you think about it. SNW leaked almost three weeks before its release date, then DE leaked months before its release date. Given that and the fact that the advance word on this album is that it's going to be a watershed, it's logical they'd try to protect it from leaking way ahead of time.

It just sucks that people in Germany who get it on the 9th will probably immediately try to upload it. This album is going to be a fucking event. People should cherish the wait.

WP 6 months before

EDIT: still sold most i believe

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Black on Nov 06, 2012, 05:26 AM

We've all been cherishing the wait for weeks upon weeks. but yeah, I'm just amazed that there are people out there with a copy that could very easily leak it onto the web, but haven't.