Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Hopefully a really diverse set will bloom. I think it was in 2011 that the same thing was said in an interview, except they HAD rehearsed really rare shit and not much came out. I remember the interviewer was like "Oh cool" upon hearing the info. I guess they need people to be really hyped up about rarities if they're gonna play them.

LG95

Everyone tweet Chino and Sergio asking for rarities.
I could float here forever

Red Pill

kurtone

We need to start a "guess the setlist" thread before the new tour starts.

snw9

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 06, 2017, 08:59 PM

Or perhaps guess the rarities thread as you know some of the frequent singles will be a given.
Code: [Select]

Seven

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 06, 2017, 09:10 PM
Quote from: kurtone on Apr 06, 2017, 08:59 PM

Or perhaps guess the rarities thread as you know some of the frequent singles will be a given.

That's it!

nicklav

Would be great to see Lovers make the setlist.

LG95

The Prodigy

illthrowROCKS@U

Some songs I'd love to hear live. Some I've never seen, and some I've seen but just would love to hear them again.

Minus Blindfold
Lhabia
Lotion
Feiticeira
Pink Maggit
Hexagram
Needles and Pins
Deathblow
Bloody Cape
Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event
Crenshaw Punch
Rapture
Xerces
Combat
Kimdracula
Riviere
Royal
Rosemary
What Happened to You?
Acid Hologram
Geometric Headdress
Pittura Infamante
LMIRL
Phantom Bride
Rubicon
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

BewareTheWater

If Minus Blindfold, Hexagram or Lotion played, there better be a damn good pit for me to jump into , lol. There wasn't mosh pit at the last show I saw em at ( not one that I saw, anyways) but at least I got to crowd surf to Rocket Skates and Knife Prty ( right at the bridge and " I could float here forever " too, lol)

Pink Maggit would make an epic closer, too .

LG95

While we're at it, I want this exact combination again

http://youtu.be/xL8VjGAoLR8

Hinojos

I wonder if Deftones would ever cover a Def Leppard song. Even if it's a short live intermission/skit like they recently did with Hotline Bling, plus all the others over the years.
This was their profile picture on social media a few years ago for a bit, so I wouldn't think it would be too far fetched:

https://www.instagram.com/p/sneGNIwu0A/

LG95

The brilliant That's Not Metal podcast are doing a special on Deftones this week and next week. In this week's episode they did over three hours on the first four albums and the stories from around that time.

It is a premium special so you have to pay for it but it might be of interest to some. I'm a subscriber to their pod anyway so it doesn't affect me.

snw9

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 19, 2017, 04:42 PM
The brilliant That's Not Metal podcast are doing a special on Deftones this week and next week. In this week's episode they did over three hours on the first four albums and the stories from around that time.

It is a premium special so you have to pay for it but it might be of interest to some. I'm a subscriber to their pod anyway so it doesn't affect me.

This sounds similar to the Deftones Scuzz interview where the interviewer goes through the band's career and talks about the albums.

LG95

Quote from: snw9 on Apr 19, 2017, 05:39 PM

This sounds similar to the Deftones Scuzz interview where the interviewer goes through the band's career and talks about the albums.
Same guy who did the Scuzz interview is the one of the two guys who does this podcast!

snw9

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 19, 2017, 05:50 PM
Quote from: snw9 on Apr 19, 2017, 05:39 PM

Same guy who did the Scuzz interview is the one of the two guys who does this podcast!

Good to know, i didn't know that. I like the Scuzz interviews as they give some good insight and stories at the band's point in time.

Inkblades

Any interesting/unknown factoids?

LG95

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 21, 2017, 09:25 PM

Any interesting/unknown factoids?
Bits and pieces. Both the guys who do the podcast are music journalists so there were little bits from that and I think they've both interviewed Deftones a fair bit. Stephen Hill (who freelances for Metal Hammer) on a couple of occasions brought up an interview he once did with Terry Date. Said that Date supposedly expressed disappointment that he didn't get to produce every Deftones record (me too, Terry!).

Mostly though, it's an in-depth discussion on the first four albums, the different ways they evolved, the live shows, bands that influenced them, Sacramento, the Chino/Stef dynamic, Frank's influence and loads of other shit. They both clearly adore the band so from that perspective, it's really cool. Stephen Hill actually gives a great insight on what it was like as a fan seeing them on Around The Fur.

Inkblades

Man, oh, man on that Terry Date part. Damn. Saturday Night Wrist and Gore could have REALLY used his touch, too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, Deftones!