Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WithoutMyJade

Anyone headed to the Rochester, NY show on March 4th? The wife and I as well as about 15 buddies are all hitting up Dinosaur BBQ before the show and then getting there early to hopefully meet up with the guys.
Oz... if you come within 25 miles of my house, I will back a car over your head 75 times.

slyartwork

Someone from the crew told me they would be playing in 013, Tilburg, Netherlands in the aug/sep tour as well.
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

arsenalfc

Awesome news, Sly!

However, I'd expect them to prefer playing Amsterdam venues (with all respect, Tilburg is a bit dull after playtime), anyone knows how that works? Is that due to capacity?

slyartwork

Good one, I hope they play Amsterdam instead. The guy said it was 'probably' gonna be 013, Tilburg....

DJR

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 28, 2013, 10:32 AM
Good one, I hope they play Amsterdam instead. The guy said it was 'probably' gonna be 013, Tilburg....

Im going to Amsterdam in Oct for my Stag do before a sign my life away to my future wife, if they played then itd be awesome!

Brice

Last video from Paris "Le Trianon" Night 2 : "You've seen the butcher"

http://youtu.be/aRwyt0F2-Mc

black coffee

Tilburg would most definitely be a consideration if they confirm it.

...or how about W2 in Den Bosch? ;) might be too small of a location but I love that place

dawg

Berlin was great although they seemed to be a bit tired. Chino wasn't talking much but came down to the crowd a couple of times. Starting with BQAD was amazing too.

Met Longstem again and it was fun to get drunk and talk about old times with him  :D

And here is a video of Rivére and Change

Deftones - Riviére & Change (In The House Of Flies)

sing blue silver

I hope they open with BQAD in Montreal. Anyone else here hitting up the Montreal show?

White Wrist

Just returned from the trip to Berlin for the show (great city btw)

It was the seventh time I saw the band live and is probably my 2nd favorite concert.
The atmosphere in Berlin was fantastic. It was the first time I saw a concert outside of Portugal and it was very good. The setlist seemed strong, nothing new. With 7 albums there are already many good songs that stand out .. KNY songs sounded great live (i had my doubts) and I´m glad they played Rosemary instead of the entombed.

Feiticeira performance was the best I've seen live, and SwerveCity was really cool.

The band was in  a good mood. I noticed the weariness in Chino´s voice chino but he compensated with everything else (great energy).

Great experience. Awesome crowd.

Met Juan again, what an awesome guy...I could not wait for them at the end cause i was too tired.

Longstem

Hi guys,

Im stil recovering this Berlin experience ! Man Im getting old.
We arrived on monday and did the regular tourist stuff. Tuesday we went on a street art underground guided tour of Berlin. I can really recommand this and it's free of charge. (only a tip at the end for the guide I you feel like it)

So after a few beers (damn thats cheap in Berlin :o ) it was time to get over to the venue.
At pictures it looked like an enormous 'hall' but it was cozy and the sound was pretty good. I had worried for nothing. The comfort level was also a great feature of this venue. Althought the concert being soldout there was enough place to move around, take drink at the bar and see the band at a good spot. Cheers to the organisation ! (for instance Paradiso is always PACKED to the max)
Met Dawg once again at the entrance, excellent dude and true Deftones fan out there ! Respect man ! 

Deftones was in good shape. Not 'music wise' (nothing special in setlist) but Chino seemed happy and this was translated in a good atmosphere.
Maybe It was me being (very) drunk but the whole set looked a bit short... but I guess good times go fast forward.

Topmoments : BQAD (best opener in years for me), Change (classic), Minerva (emotional moment) and Tempest (nice trippin song)
Akward moment : Riviere when Stef comes in and shakes up the song and initimicy of the moment... I was like noooo man !

Crowd was real cool, not many youngsters. I met some guy from the Polish fan community and they made T-shirts for the 25 anniversary.

We ended the night in a cool bar in Berlin... got drunk ... crawled back to the hotel and the rest is history.

If Deftones reads this : thanks for the entertainment, we had a great night !

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: Longstem on Feb 28, 2013, 08:27 PM
Akward moment : Riviere when Stef comes in and shakes up the song and initimicy of the moment... I was like noooo man !

What do you mean by "shaking the song up"? What did he do?

Crowd was real cool, not many youngsters.

So, a crowd is only cool if there are less younger fans in it? Why is that? I belong to the younger generation of fans myself so I'd really like to know.

Balthazard

Hey just curious who is it Toronto and is going to see them tomorrow night ?

nova

Quote from: Brice on Feb 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
Paris "Le Trianon" Night 2 : Riviere

http://youtu.be/vjQI8vBLLmo

What camera you use to record this?  Great quality.

slyartwork

Martin

Quote from: slyartwork on Feb 28, 2013, 06:10 AM
Someone from the crew told me they would be playing in 013, Tilburg, Netherlands in the aug/sep tour as well.

Now that's good news. Hope it happens.

Brice

QuoteQuote from: Brice on Feb 27, 2013, 06:27 AM

I use a Panasonic DMC-TZ7...great quality for photos and concert videos

dawg

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 28, 2013, 09:31 PM

So, a crowd is only cool if there are less younger fans in it? Why is that? I belong to the younger generation of fans myself so I'd really like to know.

Young people that expect certain things to happen. For example, I heard young people after the Berlin show say, that the show was boring because there weren't many crowdsurfers and in general the crowd was calm.

I thought the same about Rivere Tom! The guitars are way too heavy for the song. And shaking up means that he destroys the dreamy mood Chino sets up.

nova

Quote from: Brice on Mar 01, 2013, 09:58 AM
QuoteQuote from: Brice on Feb 27, 2013, 06:27 AM

I use a Panasonic DMC-TZ7...great quality for photos and concert videos

Thank you, I always wonder whats best especially for audio!

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: dawg on Mar 01, 2013, 10:42 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Feb 28, 2013, 09:31 PM

Young people that expect certain things to happen. For example, I heard young people after the Berlin show say, that the show was boring because there weren't many crowdsurfers and in general the crowd was calm.

I thought the same about Rivere Tom! The guitars are way too heavy for the song. And shaking up means that he destroys the dreamy mood Chino sets up.

Tell them to come to a Los Angeles show...very un-boring haha
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.