Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buchido

Its back on. Downloading as we speak. Thanks Andrew
http://www.deftonesworld.com

My Deftones-Bootlegs List: http://duke_phil.angelfire.com/deftonesvideobootlegstrade//

snw9

Quote from: gottsu on Jan 01, 2016, 10:07 PM
Ok, folks, I posted on our Facebook site a Bennett's reply on the infamous THE PRP article...

https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/?fref=ts

here is his comment on the THE PRP entry:

"cute. do i need to tell the entire story behind this so that the people will understand I released this for the fans, and half of everything goes to the family of Chi Cheng, the other half goes back to repay the debt. I will never see a dime.
I did this for Chi and for the fans, the band and their "people" should be taking notes not getting upset"

"Debt" is part of the money he owe the film crew during shooting "Entertain Me" - for those who wondering :) (He also mentioned this during our interview with him)
]

I highly doubt the band would have a problem with this release if the proceeds are going to CHI. They would happily support that.

Great initiative Andrew!
Code: [Select]

IDAUMAUDAU

QuoteAs expected this film is unavailable for a very short time.

I doubt it... Any webrip ? >:(

stu_101

Ummm, Vimeo just sent me a refund for the video due to copyright infringement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtone

Quote from: stu_101 on Jan 06, 2016, 10:30 PM
Ummm, Vimeo just sent me a refund for the video due to copyright infringement...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah just got a refund aswell even though I had downloaded a copy when I bought it

NYRexall

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jan 06, 2016, 11:04 PM
Yeah just got a refund aswell even though I had downloaded a copy when I bought it

Same

I basically got a free "official" version of Entertain Me, in the end.

Are there any legit Chi Cheng donation sites still up that I can donate my $10 refund to? That's the most important thing about all this. The film is secondary to me, no bullshit

minimaggot

I hope it gets released for those of us who missed it. Sucks!  >:(

Martin

Quote from: NYRexall on Jan 06, 2016, 11:52 PM
Are there any legit Chi Cheng donation sites still up that I can donate my $10 refund to? That's the most important thing about all this.

Good call.

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: NYRexall on Jan 06, 2016, 11:52 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jan 06, 2016, 11:04 PM

Same

I basically got a free "official" version of Entertain Me, in the end.

Same here. Got a email notification and refund. Downloaded it too.

Not gonna pretend I know where the beef for fighting back and forth is coming from but I can see Deftones taking pride in the type of material they'd like released, quality of product, the spotlight of where they were in their careers at the time, etc.  I see the loopholes andrew went through to try and make it a unofficical/official kinda thing. Having a "snaphot" of yourself during a certain timeframe isn't probably all that comfortable sometimes. Retrospection and all that. Regardless, I'll collect everything they release. It's always a few notches above a lot of other bands I enjoy.

Martin

Still feel bad for having gotten the money back. I don't want my money back. I want Andrew to be able to pay his bills. And then some. And some more. This film is awesome.

gottsu

Oh, I see it's review time on SL  8) Nice.

Basically, my opinion on "Entertain Me" was written on my fansite yesterday. I don't think I should add something else.

@Martin

His plot of sharing money from buying movie (50% to Chi's family, 50% to repay debt) was good, but it didn't work out in an effective way, all the legal issues and so on aren't on Andrew's site, not looking at Velvet Hammer's(?) reply. One of the ways of sharing and monetizing his work (close to be legal) could be organizing some "exhibitions" with the movie being depicted or caritative gigs with bands playing 'Tones songs, maybe with private appearance and/or "patronage" by Deftones members.
We could also pay this $10 direct to Bennett, but you know, he must be informed on such matter, must pass PayPal or stuff accounts to send the money (like in Chi's fundraiser), but Andy is offline at present, I guess.

Norkal916

can some one please link up this "Entertain Me" film .... I know someone in here downloaded it when it was on vimeo....

digital bath

Quote from: Norkal916 on Jan 09, 2016, 03:44 AM
can some one please link up this "Entertain Me" film .... I know someone in here downloaded it when it was on vimeo....

was there not an user with similar nickname recently banned from here???

Alectwin

Do you know the title of the beat at the start of the documentary?

I don't remember it.

slyartwork

Quote from: Alectwin on Jan 12, 2016, 11:31 AM
Do you know the title of the beat at the start of the documentary?

I don't remember it.

Team Sleep - The Passportal
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

RoyalDeftonicBoy

How I wish the section of New Album would get more messages than a 16 years old video.
(Yawns)