Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penicks

anyone care to tell how much different it is compared to the leak?

kurtone

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 31, 2015, 09:29 PM
Quote from: hockball26 on Dec 31, 2015, 07:29 PM
It's up!!  Just bought something for $10.

http://www.entertainmefilm.com/

Have you watched the video and is it legit?

I just finished watching it. It's legit. There is some new footage throughout and some of the parts have a bit of added footage to them. The Chino/Abe kegerator conversation was funny.

kurtone

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 31, 2015, 09:53 PM
anyone care to tell how much different it is compared to the leak?

It's not wildly different. I did enjoy the extra/new footage though. IMO worth the ten bucks. It still does seem "not finished" in a way. The part where Chino is playing the keyboard and talks about his wife calling was in there twice, and at the end it says "end credits go here" instead of credits. Don't know if that was intentional or not.

hi man

therealdaebat

---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

E-Money

Enjoyed it! Thanks Andrew. Cool to finally see the real thing. Wish I could have seen the band in this era.

Knucklestones

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 31, 2015, 09:29 PM
Quote from: hockball26 on Dec 31, 2015, 07:29 PM
It's up!!  Just bought something for $10.

http://www.entertainmefilm.com/

Have you watched the video and is it legit?
I bought it and watched it. It's legit. I was hoping for more White Pony recording sessions scenes, but they've been taken out entirely. A lot of faces of bystanders, etc are blurred out but not too well. Also, Columbus is still spelled wrong. lol.

Martin

Now that's a good way to start the new year!

dawg

thanks for the final product Andrew!

the final cut is marginal different to the leak. it even has about the same length.
just watched a couple minutes of both versions parallel, and the final version even cuts off a few interviews!

Martin

Marginally different? The quality of the footage is A LOT better in my opinion.

kurtone

Might wanna get it while you can folks...

A final edit of the previously shelved Deftones film, "Entertain Me: A Film About Deftones" has finally been given a proper release. The film was shot by Andrew Bennett some 15 years ago as the band were recording and touring behind their 2000 release, "White Pony". You can purchase the film now via Entertainmefilm.com. There is some controversy brewing over the film however, as it has not earned a stamp approval from the band's camp. Deftones' management Velvet Hammer have released the following statement to Theprp.com:

"Andy Bennet has no rights to exploit any Deftones material and anything he does using the band's name, songs or performances will be dealt with in the most severe way. The Deftones are committed to providing their fans with the best possible musical and artistic experience. Bennet is a naked infringer of the Deftones rights, and we will do whatever is necessary to prevent this alleged "filmmaker" from creating a poor experience and making money off of some sub-par product he's trying to put out without securing the proper permissions from the band, their label and their song publishers."

slyartwork

Quote from: kurtone on Jan 01, 2016, 07:53 PM

A final edit of the previously shelved Deftones film, "Entertain Me: A Film About Deftones" has finally been given a proper release. The film was shot by Andrew Bennett some 15 years ago as the band were recording and touring behind their 2000 release, "White Pony". You can purchase the film now via Entertainmefilm.com. There is some controversy brewing over the film however, as it has not earned a stamp approval from the band's camp. Deftones' management Velvet Hammer have released the following statement to Theprp.com:

"Andy Bennet has no rights to exploit any Deftones material and anything he does using the band's name, songs or performances will be dealt with in the most severe way. The Deftones are committed to providing their fans with the best possible musical and artistic experience. Bennet is a naked infringer of the Deftones rights, and we will do whatever is necessary to prevent this alleged "filmmaker" from creating a poor experience and making money off of some sub-par product he's trying to put out without securing the proper permissions from the band, their label and their song publishers."

Is Velvet Hammer and 'band camp' the same? I doubt it. I bet the band love/like it and don't mind that Andrew released this. I kinda figured this could/would happen but I'm not sure about all that legal stuff. He is not using the name Deftones but just D*ftones so.... We all love it and If it wasn't for Andy, we would never ever see something cool like this. I mean, how many times have there been ideas/rumors etc about upcoming a Deftones home video (back in like 1999) or a live DVD (2010) and some other stuff we have never seen. It's all about money I bet....
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

deftoneseba

Quote from: slyartwork on Jan 01, 2016, 08:18 PM

I bet the band love/like it and don't mind that Andrew released this. It's all about money I bet....
Indeed.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

gottsu

Ok, folks, I posted on our Facebook site a Bennett's reply on the infamous THE PRP article...

https://www.facebook.com/defzonesite/?fref=ts

here is his comment on the THE PRP entry:

"cute. do i need to tell the entire story behind this so that the people will understand I released this for the fans, and half of everything goes to the family of Chi Cheng, the other half goes back to repay the debt. I will never see a dime.
I did this for Chi and for the fans, the band and their "people" should be taking notes not getting upset"

"Debt" is part of the money he owe the film crew during shooting "Entertain Me" - for those who wondering :) (He also mentioned this during our interview with him)

Teknoman

I'm sure the band is cool with this film being released after fucking 15 years!!! the "hardcore fans" always want to see everything from our favorite band, the good and the bad things. We are the ones who judge if something is good or bad 'cause in the end we are the only people in this world who gives a shit about this film.

I make music too

kurtone

I think its been taken down. I was going to rewatch it and it says the video is private, it also won't let me download it.

Norkal916

I had just purchase it 15 min ago and I can't even watch it or download it?? I found out today on facebook it's been out since the 31st lol or I would've have purchase it that night. :o  :'( see what happens i guess......

Martin

Was afraid that something like this might happen. Damnit. Think the band's cool with it. And 'subpar'? Fuck off Velvet, film's great.
I was also thinking that, if any legal steps are taken, should there be a crowdfunding campaign to help out Andrew?

coreystevens88

Man, this sucks.  Sucks even more that is sounds like the band wants it out and management is trying to shut it down.

Add me to the list of people who purchased and can't watch. 

DefAlx

It seems that I was lucky yesterday, because I downloaded this film right after purchase.