Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: Jarworski on Aug 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hello. Long shot but does anyone know the trip hop track that Chino is Jay-Z'ing over the top in the opening scene? As soon as I heard the opening bars I was like "I need this song!". I thought it might be some obscure vinyl but after looking again the decks haven't even got anything on em. If anyone knows I'd be very happy, cheers

Team Sleep - Passportal Appollonia 27058 (Official Music)

geraavl08

Did anyone else catch the "Beware" outro sample at 2:15?

lungdamage

yep, that following bit 'behind the curtain' is epic

lungdamage

2:08 - a complete ninja application of a guitar

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: snw9 on Aug 28, 2012, 11:58 AM
Can anyone tell me the time frame?

Andrew Bennet Interview from 2008

The story is from how the band started till what year ?

Entertain Me

99-01

Starz

Tbh, the people who HAVEN'T seen it yet you're not really missing much. It wasn't that great, nothing we have not seen before. You could tell it was incomplete.

Bza々

Quote from: capoburn on Aug 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
If this wasn't released it's pretty normal that they ask to remove the links. And if I were Chino I wouldn't want that out, shitty performances due to throat issues and the scenes on the beach are a little bit decadent.

If anything it would shut up all the fucking assholes that talk shit about Chino sucking live when his throat was clearly fucked.

Deadradio

Hello. Long shot but does anyone know the trip hop track that Chino is Jay-Z'ing over the top in the opening scene? As soon as I heard the opening bars I was like "I need this song!". I thought it might be some obscure vinyl but after looking again the decks haven't even got anything on em. If anyone knows I'd be very happy, cheers

I believe it's the instrumental version of Apollonia by Team Sleep.

Inkblades

Ah, you've never heard Appollonia before? Probably my favorite Team Sleep song.

from_musings

Quote from: Starz on Aug 28, 2012, 04:14 PM
Tbh, the people who HAVEN'T seen it yet you're not really missing much. It wasn't that great, nothing we have not seen before. You could tell it was incomplete.

well... i actually liked it alot.for me - packed with cool unseen stuff. honestly i don't even care about if it's a good band documentary or not,if i learned anything new or not, i liked it for different reasons.personally I could do without all the mediocre live stuff and interviews how they started out and just have that space filled with more backstage/tour buss stuff/ cameras rolling when they just are themselves. like the youtube detroit backstage clip where chino is passed out on the floor while steph is there poking between chino's buttocks,even more decadent stuff like that on here. i just wanna revel in that sort of deftones stuff. (them partying hard that is,not touching each other in weird places). but i can see how that sort of film wouldn't get released, or get made for that matter.
still, nice depressing mood throughout the film with moments that really cut deep, but also filled with a lot of humour that makes you smile and giggle like a school girl.if they would put out a dvd with new stuff, when they are in their fourties, it just wouldn't be the same. i'm very happy to have this, would definately buy it if it ever got released .but i can't see a release happening, especially now that it got leaked 

Jarworski

ah from_musings you legend and the rest of you thanks a lot. Man I had the early demos of Team Sleep years ago and I think I forgot they even existed - got back into Deftones on the last album after a few years off. Thanks again!

Bza々

Pretty cool there was team sleep songs in it. I had no clue he had shit like death by airplane written all the way back in 2000.

se7ennn

Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Aug 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
Can anyone tell me the time frame? The story is from how the band started till what year ?

what? the newest parts from it are from 2001 (spring?), when Chi cut his hair and Chino dyed his again. weird thing is, I remember a video on youtube labelled Minerva (Entertain Me: A Film about the Deftones) or something like that, which made me believe that the documentary would contain stuff from the S/T era too. that would have been perfection :(

lungdamage

Quote from: se7ennn on Aug 29, 2012, 01:32 AM
Quote from: M1GHTY M4VS on Aug 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
Can anyone tell me the time frame? The story is from how the band started till what year ?

what? the newest parts from it are from 2001 (spring?), when Chi cut his hair and Chino dyed his again. weird thing is, I remember a video on youtube labelled Minerva (Entertain Me: A Film about the Deftones) or something like that, which made me believe that the documentary would contain stuff from the S/T era too. that would have been perfection :(

and the electro end of 'beware' in 2001 as an intro when they hit the stage at the beginning.
ps - i never thought of that se7ennn
it doesn't quite add up, maybe this is only half of the footage and the legend lives on?
you never know.

rufas

I really enjoyed this. Loved especially seeing the opening scenes from the shows on the BTS tour, what with the big red white pony stage curtain, reminded me of my first tones show in 2001. The versions of Korea, My Own Summer, and Feit that are cut from a few different shows on that tour are pretty awesome and all new to me. Quite a few LOL moments along the way. They are such a different band these days...

Shadow46/2

What's the song chino and stef are singin?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Penicks

how do read thread

how do searched internet

from_musings

Quote from: Shadow46/2 on Aug 29, 2012, 03:43 PM
What's the song chino and stef are singin?

it's a song called "why not read the existing posts before asking" by the band "common sense"

deftones86

IDAUMAUDAU

I was just hanging around to check if there's a link for the OST of the movie Wrong by Mr Oizo.

And...

""Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!"

"Entertain Me"

Oh... I remember... The ghost documentary...

"leak"

"Entertain Me leak"

WHAT ?

OH MY FUCKING GODDE2HU2E0R82GH380G0AEFAUEBE0AFBEAUVOUOUFVBJ

We think of you Andy Bennett. :)