Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x Rx King x

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Sep 16, 2012, 11:20 PM
This song's grown on me but i really don't  like the end, or at least how i've heard it so far. Too uncreative like diamond eyes.

I dunno man. An ending like that makes me want to break anything within arms reach.

iceache

Quote from: Slacker on Sep 16, 2012, 11:22 PM
Quote from: iceache on Sep 16, 2012, 11:00 PM
This is my interpretation of the lyrics from that video.

awesome man, i think we're getting close. im updating.

I've never felt closer in my entire "deftones lyric deciphering"

luisch

Amazing work, Slacker

I think the last chorus is as we cross the space and time
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

laurapalmer

Pretty sure the titles in parentheses are just to identify what they used to be called. Doubt they will be there on the actual record.

iceache

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
Pretty sure the titles in parentheses are just to identify what they used to be called. Doubt they will be there on the actual record.

You got er :P since Stef said "Dazzle" was the working title.

DeftonesNZ

Great job on the lyrics and audio but i always heard the first bit as
there's no sound
but the engines drone
our eyes set free
to roam

Definitely don't hear to land sounds like an r word and i think drone makes more sense then drove as drove is past tense whereas the sound part is present tense.
Also i heard the "Discover the entry " to be

We discover the energy
to rise again

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 01:24 PM
Eros was a thing of a certain time. It shouldn't be touched. Not without Chi.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

It's not a fucking Eros song. They wrote 13 or more tracks and eleven (looks like) made the cut. So ten and an Eros?  " Hey lets unlock Eros for one track and scratch 3 or 4 new ones we wrote in this creative mind state we r in now." YSTB? They used the name again.....This isn't the same name and if it was, it's a name at best. FAWK :o

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: mothraw on Sep 16, 2012, 12:13 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 15, 2012, 09:05 PM
Sure, here's a question for everyone: based on the titles, what do you think the songs will be like (musically, lyrically, emotionally, etc.)?

I know it's 100% speculation, but hey, least it's something to pass the time by.

Graphic Nature, Goon Squad, Tempest and Gauze all sound like they could be heavy. Swerve City sounds like it could be groovy and futuristic.
I think the title romantic dreams isa trap and it will turn out as the heaviest track on the new album
Good read, lol. What they said

defsteve

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 17, 2012, 12:40 AM
http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2012/09/deftones-koi-no-yokan/

Tracklist is confirmed.

Unless they have been trolled, that was always the tracklisting. Just that antiquiet thought they had 'permission' to report it. They didn't so had to remove from that article. Guitar World then reported it (using google cache on the antiquiet article, haha).

Of course, it still hasn't been officially announced. That will likely come on Tuesday when 'Leathers' is made available for free download.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

dictatesofreason

fuck you mods. do it ban me.prick.
ANYWAYS i'll bet 50 that the track names will go through another 1 or 2 changeovers.
and if they are using EROS track titles or material-who cares its their music its their ideas.
i pretty sure whatever the case by december we will all talkin abaout how awesome it is regardless of tracknames, music and what not-
AND THIS IS DUE TO THE fact that no matter what the case every 'Tones song as grown on us as time has progressed at least a majority of them
and it may take a few listens or years but thats one of the reasons we all like the'Tones-The music grows on you.

chuckles

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 17, 2012, 02:25 AM
ANYWAYS i'll bet 50 that the track names will go through another 1 or 2 changeovers.
and if they are using EROS track titles or material-who cares its their music its their ideas.
i pretty sure whatever the case by december we will all talkin abaout how awesome it is regardless of tracknames, music and what not-
AND THIS IS DUE TO THE fact that no matter what the case every 'Tones song as grown on us as time has progressed at least a majority of them
and it may take a few listens or years but thats one of the reasons we all like the'Tones-The music grows on you.

mas 10!!! chupate esa en lo que te mondo la otra!!!!!
I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

Playhouse

No puedo esperar a escuchar cueros, lol

lungdamage

easy tiger,

the track titles mean nothing in the long run (they could call their heaviest track 'barbie and ken'), and in a years time it would just roll off your tongue. plus they are usually red herrings......  if it sound's heavy it isn't, it if doesn't it is... yno what i mean :)

like someone said they will 'just marinate in your head'

lungdamage

and im hoping this album cooks ;)

dictatesofreason

Quote from: Playhouse on Sep 17, 2012, 02:33 AM

Calma hombre esto es ridiculus y yo no estoy tratando con ellos

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 17, 2012, 02:34 AM
easy tiger,

the track titles mean nothing in the long run (they could call their heaviest track 'barbie and ken'), and in a years time it would just roll off your tongue. plus they are usually red herrings......  if it sound's heavy it isn't, it if doesn't it is... yno what i mean :)

yeah i know, i mean to be honest one of my faves "needles" took forever to grow on me, year at least, but it only took like a month before i grew tired of Rocket Skates, im guessing it was the repetative riffs or something but yeah it allll takes time.

Playhouse

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 17, 2012, 02:35 AM
and im hoping this album cooks ;)
i hope this album dazzles

nicklav

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 17, 2012, 02:36 AM
Quote from: Playhouse on Sep 17, 2012, 02:33 AM

Calma hombre esto es ridiculus y yo no estoy tratando con ellos

Quote from: lungdamage on Sep 17, 2012, 02:34 AM
easy tiger,

yeah i know, i mean to be honest one of my faves "needles" took forever to grow on me, year at least, but it only took like a month before i grew tired of Rocket Skates, im guessing it was the repetative riffs or something but yeah it allll takes time.

The problem I had with Rocket Skates is that you basically knew the song in the first 45 seconds. After that there wasn't a whole lot to look forward to.

dictatesofreason

exactly

course its a great song to head/bang and curse at mods to.