Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 01:48 PM
All signs (as I see them) point to something coming tomorrow or at least Friday. Hopefully that's not just my wishful thinking. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

I think friday is just a "big announcement" and tomorrow is song day.

sing blue silver

Tomorrow - song download
Friday - album details, artwork, official single, more tour dates.

That's my guess.

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
Tomorrow - song download

That's my guess.

That would be pretty awesome.

sing blue silver

I imagine on Friday it'll all be kicked off with a new website design. I hope so at least. The current one is useless.

one weak

Yeah, I agree. They really need to hire someone to take care of all their social media, website etc.

sing blue silver

Yup. They never really caught up with the Internet age way of doing things. Some help could definitely be used. If they clued into that this album could be huge. It'll still be big but your casual deftones fan won't be rushing out to get it.

mothraw

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 02:35 PM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 02:34 PM
Tomorrow - song download

That's my guess.

That would be pretty awesome.
Indeed

alan1o

fingers crossed we'll all be here discussing a new track tomorrow at some point.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 02:45 PM
Yup. They never really caught up with the Internet age way of doing things. Some help could definitely be used. If they clued into that this album could be huge. It'll still be big but your casual deftones fan won't be rushing out to get it.
It's weird they don't use technology more they were one of first to do the live webcasts yet they don't even have a regularly updated website it's a shame their not using all their resources to reach a wider audience seems to find news on KNY you have to go looking for it.

downtownpony

It adds to their intrigue.

It'll be perfect combo here in Texas; cold weather and new Deftones.

Caín

There will be nothing tomorrow.

iceache

Soundgarden will release King Animal,  the band's first new studio album in over 15 years via Tom Whalley's new record label, a partnership between his Seven Four Entertainment and Republic Records, on November 13. The album's first single, "Been Away Too Long," will be available via digital retailers on September 27.

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/soundgarden-reveal-release-date-and-cover-art-for-new-album.html

We're gonna get something VERY soon.

sing blue silver

I want a proper headlining tour already. Enough small runs and support slots. I hate soundgarden so I'm praying this has nothing to do with them. I won't be going to a show if that's the case.

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 04:04 PM
I want a proper headlining tour already. Enough small runs and support slots. I hate soundgarden so I'm praying this has nothing to do with them. I won't be going to a show if that's the case.

Oh I don't know if they'll be playing WITH soundgarden. I'm just showing that they have an album coming out the same day, and they have the album art and tracklist revealed.

Far away

Quote from: one weak on Sep 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I agree. They really need to hire someone to take care of all their social media, website etc.

I might be a little bit behind the news, but is not that what Donk used to do?

*still hoping for a brazilian date*

iceache

Quote from: Far away on Sep 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote from: one weak on Sep 17, 2012, 02:43 PM

I might be a little bit behind the news, but is not that what Donk used to do?

*still hoping for a brazilian date*

He used to, not sure if he does now or not. I know he does take some pretty sweet pictures though :p

sing blue silver

Donk used to do the web design stuff I believe. Haven't heard his name in te deftones camp for a little bit though. I'm still placing my bets that we get a song tomorrow. If not, Friday isn't so far off. We can wait just a little longer. Just a little, any more than Friday and full on riots will ensue.

Slacker

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Donk used to do the web design stuff I believe. Haven't heard his name in te deftones camp for a little bit though. I'm still placing my bets that we get a song tomorrow. If not, Friday isn't so far off. We can wait just a little longer. Just a little, any more than Friday and full on riots will ensue.

i agree

ZackND

So Friday you expect a new website, a single,  song download,track list, album details and album art along with new tour dates. Maybe they'll send autographed photos to all their fans too, with backstage passes. Whats up with this sense of entitlement from everyone?

iceache

Quote from: ZackND on Sep 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
So Friday you expect a new website, a single,  song download,track list, album details and album art along with new tour dates. Maybe they'll send autographed photos to all their fans too, with backstage passes. Whats up with this sense of entitlement from everyone?

Before their new album is released. Yes. We expect to know things. And have things.