Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

Always love to see the excitement in people for their first deftones release as a fan. Brings back fond memories of WP. Hell I still get just as excited every time.

Also I'm changing my tune. I'm expecting Leathers tomorrow and nothing else until or around Oct. 9th when we're supposed to hear Tempest. Forgot the alleged Friday announcement was never made official. I think that was reporte by some radio station.

nineteen

I have never found the same level of excitement for an album as much as ATF and the period before it came out. Admittedly I was only 16 at the time, so that may have something to do with it.

KNY is proving to be a hype for me though. Not sure why.

iceache

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Where did all this talk about something happening on Friday come from?

I think Antiquiet mentioned something about it.. and someone on twitter mentioned something as well.. some radio people.. and the SacBee guy

Flowb

I was extremely hyped for the ATF release as well, I was also 16 when it was released. That was about the best thing I had ever heard when it came out, I would take Adrenaline and ATF and go out in the garage and play through both albums on guitar almost every night back then. The good 'ole days.....

I'm really excited for the new album too, I thought Diamond Eyes was awesome and I'm expecting good things.

Inkblades

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 07:45 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 17, 2012, 07:24 PM
Where did all this talk about something happening on Friday come from?

I think Antiquiet mentioned something about it.. and someone on twitter mentioned something as well.. some radio people.. and the SacBee guy

Oh, right. I think SacBee will have an article about the album.

defsteve

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 07:45 PMI think Antiquiet mentioned something about it.. and someone on twitter mentioned something as well.. some radio people.. and the SacBee guy

Someone to do with Metal Hammer tweeted about a big announcement on September 21st. But deleted it.

Which could mean that it has some UK/European element to it.
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

mothraw

Yo.someone is fucking our heads!they are called deftones.after all that leakshitsneakpeekshit this is just how it should be!new album will burst our hearts out in just a second and what makes it oh socool is that we all will share that mindfuck together.

Far away

Quote from: slyartwork on Sep 17, 2012, 06:18 PMAbout Donk. Since Velvet Hammer became their management and Maverick stopped and they became Warner/Island things have changed. So I think it's just the label in control of the whole website thing. I liked the previous DE site though cuz it was sort of interactive. Fans could add photo's and there was 'The Live Project'... where the hell is that anyway....

Tomorrow please!

thanks for the info dude.

mothraw

So now starts tuesday right?

iceache

Quote from: mothraw on Sep 17, 2012, 09:14 PM
So now starts tuesday right?

No. Tuesday doesn't start in the West coast of the US of A for another 9.5 hours.. then 8 hours for people to sleep.. so don't expect anything for another 17.5 hours.

mothraw

iceache

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 07:14 PM
Im over excited for tomorrow.. Borderlands 2 and possible new deftones... I dont know if i'll get any sleep tonight .. i'll be playing borderlands 2 all night
Hell yeah! When I saw it was coming out same day as BL2 I got so excited. Going to be awesome if it comes out tomorrow.

TheShade1989

If they do release a song on tuesday, I get the feeling it'll be the evening (on their time zone). Which sucks, because for some reason I've always gotten it into my head that wen something is released, it's at midnight. Probably because I'm impatient as fuck. That'll suck though, because every minute that passes it'll feel even more like a song being released isnt true. C'mon Deftones, dont let us down, new song!!

Also, I first gt into Deftones sometime in 2009 I think, so I was looking forward to DE, but I hadnt been a fan for very long, so it's different this time around where it's not like I've had their entire music as new to me to pass time waiting for another album. Now it's real excitement and real impatience.

iceache

Nah they'll release it pretty early.. they would want all the music blog sites to be posting it and spreading it like wild fire all day. In my opinion.

DeftonesNZ

This ill be my first release as well cause of my age and location I was a bit late to the party it was just after diamond eyes but it was awesome getting all that new music at once but can't wait for more new stuff.

dictatesofreason

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 17, 2012, 10:33 PM
This ill be my first release as well cause of my age and location I was a bit late to the party it was just after diamond eyes but it was awesome getting all that new music at once but can't wait for more new stuff.

welcome to ze club :)

chinomoreno876

Do we know where this single is gonna be, official site, fb page, or what...??

iceache

Quote from: chinomoreno876 on Sep 17, 2012, 10:52 PM
Do we know where this single is gonna be, official site, fb page, or what...??

If its anything like last time.. they'll probably post a lyric video on youtube.. and a download link will be there. At least that's what i'm hoping.

geraavl08