Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: ZackND on Sep 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
So Friday you expect a new website, a single,  song download,track list, album details and album art along with new tour dates. Maybe they'll send autographed photos to all their fans too, with backstage passes. Whats up with this sense of entitlement from everyone?
You missed Stef's personal flavoured spliffs

Far away

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 17, 2012, 05:05 PM
Quote from: one weak on Sep 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I agree. They really need to hire someone to take care of all their social media, website etc.

I might be a little bit behind the news, but is not that what Donk used to do?

*still hoping for a brazilian date*

He used to, not sure if he does now or not. I know he does take some pretty sweet pictures though :p

i remember some of his work. sweet stuff indeed.

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Donk used to do the web design stuff I believe. Haven't heard his name in te deftones camp for a little bit though. I'm still placing my bets that we get a song tomorrow. If not, Friday isn't so far off. We can wait just a little longer. Just a little, any more than Friday and full on riots will ensue.

Same thing about Linus... last time I saw him was back in 07 when the band was in Sao Paulo promoting SNW.

ZackND

OK. I don't. If they release a single before the album. Great. If they release a free download that is not a single, that's cool too, but I don't feel like it's a necessity.  What's the rush?

iceache

Quote from: ZackND on Sep 17, 2012, 05:37 PM
OK. I don't. If they release a single before the album. Great. If they release a free download that is not a single, that's cool too, but I don't feel like it's a necessity.  What's the rush?

We're impatient. We like deftones. We want new music.

ZackND

Fair enough. I understand that. I've been waiting 15 years for new Soundgarden and usually Deftones take a while in between albums.

Slacker

Quote from: iceache on Sep 17, 2012, 05:40 PM
Quote from: ZackND on Sep 17, 2012, 05:37 PM

We're impatient. We like deftones. We want new music.

yeah, i want my freaking track. thats all im asking, just a single fucking studio track.

Sicario

It doesn't help that the band hasn't directly told us fans anything.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

slyartwork

I always love this anticipation before a release. Lets hope for a song download and maybe some teaser/banner with a new website later.

I remember them having a 'Rocket Skates' based myspace etc in 2010 before the DE artwork and details where released.

About Donk. Since Velvet Hammer became their management and Maverick stopped and they became Warner/Island things have changed. So I think it's just the label in control of the whole website thing. I liked the previous DE site though cuz it was sort of interactive. Fans could add photo's and there was 'The Live Project'... where the hell is that anyway....

Tomorrow please!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

iceache

It's all over twitter now with all the radio stations reporting the antiquiet news + leathers showing up tomorrow. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow.

ZackND

i think the album cover is going to be a Totem Pole

paulieknoxville

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be shocked on Friday when I wake up to find artwork, album details, an official tracklist and a release date for the official single of the album, BUT - I'd be just as, if not more happy with just a fucking song tomorrow. I just need some new Deftones. We all already know we're gonna get an entire album in just under two months from now, so I think it's safe to say that a taste of the new studio material is all most fans really need to calm their nerves about what this new recording/writing process has done to/for the band. I'm not worried. I'm fucking excited. Bring on the new shit fellas.

S'GO BITCHES, S'GO

Inkblades

If they do release Leathers tomorrow, I don't know if I'll listen. I have already played Rosemary and Roller Derby many times. Want to hear the rest of the album in one shot.

Who am I kidding? I'll cave.

TheShade1989

I'd rather hear a song than album cover and etc. Which is odd because I'm going to not download any leaks and wait to hear the album. But singles, downloads that arent leaks, etc. are allowed in my head. *Sigh* but I gt tired of DE pretty quickly by the time the actual album came out. Fuck it, I'll still listen to any songs they release. I'm impatient as fuck, I would love for a song to come out tomorrow. But I wonder why they took it out if it's not misinformation? Hell, maybe they were right but ruined the surprise so they're doing it at a different date? I dont know, but I'd find it weird for them to just pop up suddenly like "hey, here's a new song, bye again".

iceache

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 17, 2012, 06:40 PM
I'd rather hear a song than album cover and etc. Which is odd because I'm going to not download any leaks and wait to hear the album. But singles, downloads that arent leaks, etc. are allowed in my head. *Sigh* but I gt tired of DE pretty quickly by the time the actual album came out. Fuck it, I'll still listen to any songs they release. I'm impatient as fuck, I would love for a song to come out tomorrow. But I wonder why they took it out if it's not misinformation? Hell, maybe they were right but ruined the surprise so they're doing it at a different date? I dont know, but I'd find it weird for them to just pop up suddenly like "hey, here's a new song, bye again".

I don't think we were supposed to know about a song coming tomorrow. Although the Aftershock Festival facebook page kind of gave it away that a song was gonna be released soon.

sing blue silver

It was supposed to be a surprise I think. Asking for ONE studio track, artwork and track list isn't that much to ask before an album is released. Also try need to announce tour dates to promote the fucking thing and time is running short. Skepticism and watchig how this band works for so many years isn't a sense of entitlement. It's called being a fan and hoping the band recognizes what the fans are excited for.

Danny Keyes

after reading so many pages of utter bullshit i must say that im ashamed with the current wave of deftones fans nowdays.

about the album? it will probably be awesome like all deftones albums but i will not express how i feel about it since the most natural thing in this forum is to say that it sucks just to create controversy or be edgy. the last albums haven't been that bad. they're all unique in my opinion Koi No Yokan will be no different.

cheers.

sing blue silver

Thanks for posting! I look forward to you not doing it again for as long as possible!

I'm just waiting for Friday, if something happens before then great, if not no big deal. If nothing happens Friday antiquiet was just plain wrong and we'll have to wait for announcements from the band. Either way based on rosemary and roller derby, I'm really going to enjoy this album just as I have every other album.

iceache

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 17, 2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for posting! I look forward to you not doing it again for as long as possible!

I'm just waiting for Friday, if something happens before then great, if not no big deal. If nothing happens Friday antiquiet was just plain wrong and we'll have to wait for announcements from the band. Either way based on rosemary and roller derby, I'm really going to enjoy this album just as I have every other album.

Im over excited for tomorrow.. Borderlands 2 and possible new deftones... I dont know if i'll get any sleep tonight .. i'll be playing borderlands 2 all night

Inkblades

Where did all this talk about something happening on Friday come from?

NightTimeCavity

I started listening to Deftones around 2008 with Adrenaline and some of SNW, stopped listening after a while and then really got into them after Diamond Eyes was released. It's great to be a part of this anticipation for the first time. Banking on a new song tomorrow. It should be fantastic.