Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: nineteen on Sep 14, 2012, 03:09 PM
I'm against bands using old songs for future releases as I'm also of the opinion that songs are a capture in time but if it is an Eros song, then we haven't got much chance of finding out except if it's mentioned in an interview.

Dude, I love you.

fuzzylogics

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
I'm against bands using old songs for future releases as I'm also of the opinion that songs are a capture in time but if it is an Eros song, then we haven't got much chance of finding out except if it's mentioned in an interview.

Dude, I love you.

I definitely see both arguments but can you not agree they probably have a grasp on what they're doing. I mean it is their catalogue and if they feel it fits now as well, then it fits. White Pony has a damn Team Sleep track on it.

Vesanic

I get your point and I'd agree, but dude, there is Chi. You can't release or modify and release a song that implies a person currently in a comatic estate in its composition.

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
I get your point and I'd agree, but dude, there is Chi. You can't release or modify and release a song that implies a person currently in a comatic estate in its composition.

Sure ya can.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Vesanic

You may not, if you prefer, or shouldn't be able/allowed to.

Caín

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
You may not, if you prefer, or shouldn't be able to.

You're such a tool sometimes. Maserati brought out Pyramid of the Sun a year after their drummer died. Some parts were re-arranged, drum machines added etc.  Nobody complained. Why would they? They got a badass record.

Pndi

i remember Chino saying that Flashback reminds him of White Pony. should be interesting

Vesanic

You're such a tool to any person with an opinion differing from yours. Why do I even read your fucking reply? You're a smart guy, Caín, but fuck your social persona.

The Chauffer

I only asked for an explanation as "that fucking sucks" was hard to figure out haha.

You wouldn't even have known it was an 'old' song if they (Deftones) hadn't of told you...so what does it matter? It's still new (something we haven't heard yet).

Caín

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
You're such a tool to any person with an opinion differing from yours. Why do I even read your fucking reply? You're a smart guy, Caín, but fuck your social persona.

How about not judging a situation you have no fucking idea about? What if it really is the song? How is this any of your fucking business? You don't know jack shit. Maybe it's Chi's wish that people hear that song? Maybe they use his basslines from the Eros sessions? Maybe it would have been fine with Chi even if they erased his tracks and had them sung by Chester fucking Bennington. You simply don't know.

Furthermore, this is not about opionions, this is about being opinionated without knowing shit. Stop that. You're better than that. 

Vesanic

RollerDerby

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 14, 2012, 03:36 PM
You may not, if you prefer, or shouldn't be able/allowed to.

I completely agree. I would hate Chi to wake up and find songs he helped write and see Sergio Vega in the credentials. Everyone is going to have opposing views when it comes to Eros material, but you can't say "hey, you're an ass. They have all the rights and you need to have respect for the artist", when arguing that it doesn't matter to you. Last time I recalled, Chi was one of the founding members, not  Sergio. Think before you speak.

Also, if they were all working titles, then by all means, let them use it. However, the only people that know that information to be one hundred percent correct is the band, the producers, etc. So, your argument is invalid. Thanks for playing.
"Carve your niche."

RollerDerby

And so there's no confusion, I am 100 percent with you Vesanic. These other quacks just don't know how to friendly discuss things.

The panties are in a wad, I repeat, the panties are in a wad. Over.
"Carve your niche."

Vesanic

Sorry but I just don't know so I'm a tool, I just don't fucking know, I'm sorry.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Pndi on Sep 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
i remember Chino saying that Flashback reminds him of White Pony. should be interesting

Am I the only one who laughed really hard at this? Everything reminds Chongo of WP.

And yes, recycling songs is cheap but we don't know that yet. Hopefully one of the dipshits in the press clues in to that.

RollerDerby

Quote from: sing blue silver on Sep 14, 2012, 04:02 PM
Quote from: Pndi on Sep 14, 2012, 03:42 PM

Am I the only one who laughed really hard at this? Everything reminds Chongo of WP.

And yes, recycling songs is cheap but we don't know that yet. Hopefully one of the dipshits in the press clues in to that.

Just heard the new U2 album, sounds a lot like White Pony.
"Carve your niche."

Caín

Quote from: RollerDerby on Sep 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
And so there's no confusion, I am 100 percent with you Vesanic. These other quacks just don't know how to friendly discuss things.

So, to you friendly discussion is: 'YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT'?

RollerDerby

Quote from: Caín on Sep 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Quote from: RollerDerby on Sep 14, 2012, 03:57 PM

So, to you friendly discussion is: 'YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT'?

Thank you for finding one statement in my post and attempting to twist it.

What I am saying is, we don't know what their decision making process is, however my opinion is regardless of whatever it may be, I personally would not think it would be fair to Chi if they were recycling his songs and slapping Vega all over it.

It's called attention to detail.

"Carve your niche."

nicklav

So long as Steph is NOT using a 6-string, nothing will sound like White Pony.

RollerDerby

Koi No Yokan will sound a lot like Koi No Yokan.
"Carve your niche."