Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Far away

nineteen

Fully digging this (despite the sound quality).

kitesvera

play

A million times better then leathers.
This song has got me so excited for the album.
Love the mix.

Val

I dont know how I feel about this track. Its no Leathers, for sure. I still dont like the prayers/triangles repetition. Its quite obnoxious.

XJohnnyX

I have the album artwork do you want it?

normsteez

not feeling it....damn it!!

the chorus is terrible
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

XJohnnyX

el perro

I'll wait for a good quality recording before I finally make my mind up but at the moment I'm not that impressed. To me it sounds sloppy, and the bridge and outro riffs are completely random. I'm pretty opened minded when it comes to Deftones. I appreciate each album for being different but this is poor song writing. It lacks construct.

Bifrost

yeah- I don't hate the song but I feel like the opening verse is the best part... the chorus just doesn't do it for me, sounds strained but not in a good way.

I'm sure the album will have better songs than this, I wasn't a fan of tempest either.

kitesvera

gwenudo

Quote from: Val on Feb 04, 2016, 06:11 PM
I dont know how I feel about this track. Its no Leathers, for sure. I still dont like the prayers/triangles repetition. Its quite obnoxious.
The moment you stop trying to compare this song to KNY and DE or any other album really, youll appreciate this song more for what it is, which is Deftones, not a follow up album, a new record.
Was it like it seemed?...

Reichward

Also waiting for a proper upload from the band's management before forming a judgement.
Honestly though I can already tell that it won't be my favourite track from the album.

rainnyx4

I am actually going to try and go old school on this one and wait for the full album to be out there before listening to anything. Just wondering about the length of the song and whether or not they fell into their old lazy trap where the bridge is just one of the main riffs repeated in slightly different way. Also, any solos?

Val

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Feb 04, 2016, 06:18 PM
Quote from: Val on Feb 04, 2016, 06:11 PM
The moment you stop trying to compare this song to KNY and DE or any other album really, youll appreciate this song more for what it is, which is Deftones, not a follow up album, a new record.
Didnt have the impact on me of a new Deftones song like Leathers did when it dropped. Not comparing. Leathers sucker punched me when I heard it and couldnt stop.

This song mixes a lot of elements from their past records. I think its fair to say this is a follow up of past writing.

Bifrost

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 04, 2016, 06:19 PM
I am actually going to try and go old school on this one and wait for the full album to be out there before listening to anything. Just wondering about the length of the song and whether or not they fell into their old lazy trap where the bridge is just one of the main riffs repeated in slightly different way. Also, any solos?

No Solos and yes riffs repeat. length is about 4 min.

rainnyx4

Is the bridge just a repeat of a previous riff?