Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Feb 04, 2016, 06:23 PM
Is the bridge just a repeat of a previous riff?

No, it's mid-tempo low string strumming like at the end of the second teaser with Chino screaming over it.

slyartwork

DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

sharinglungs

beansandcornbread

I quite like it as well.  Looking forward to a better quality version though. 

gwenudo

I bet tomorrow we'll get the single as a Pre-Order bonus. MARK MY WORDSSS
Was it like it seemed?...

ANattyRat

Quote from: Bifrost on Feb 04, 2016, 06:17 PM
yeah- I don't hate the song but I feel like the opening verse is the best part... the chorus just doesn't do it for me, sounds strained but not in a good way.

I'm sure the album will have better songs than this, I wasn't a fan of tempest either.

Of course. I don't think they release singles because they think they're the best songs. I think it's about choosing a song that will appeal to the most fans. They weren't going to release their heaviest, their softest, or their most experimental song on the album, you know? There'll be lots of experimentation, darkness, (hopefully) heaviness and aggression throughout the album. This song just happens to be the most typical Deftones, heavy-and-soft song, I imagine.

If people love the track, that's awesome. But if people hate it or are disappointed, I just think it's good to remember that this song isn't supposed to be the most extreme (in any sense of the word) song. Just a single to get us excited for an album that won't sound just like this song. There's definitely going to be more than this.

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Feb 04, 2016, 06:36 PM
I bet tomorrow we'll get the single as a Pre-Order bonus. MARK MY WORDSSS

I think you're right. Although I'd like a nice lyric video, but again, I think that'll be tomorrow.

pelican fly

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Feb 04, 2016, 06:34 PM
Looking forward to a better quality version though.

Yea, I kind of don't want to listen to a shitty radio rip. I'm trying to hold out for a better version *trying*.  I hope they at least put up the official audio on youtube or something. I would think they would do that today since all the instagram pics are up. Oh well...they probably won't.

Reichward

Quote from: pelican fly on Feb 04, 2016, 06:40 PM
Quote from: beansandcornbread on Feb 04, 2016, 06:34 PM
Looking forward to a better quality version though.

Yea, I kind of don't want to listen to a shitty radio rip. I'm trying to hold out for a better version *trying*.  I hope they at least put up the official audio on youtube or something. I would think they would do that today since all the instagram pics are up. Oh well...they probably won't.
It will surely be tomorrow. deftones.com has received several changes over the week, including a Gore section on both the store and the main site (with unauthorized access so far). And Chino's interview with BBC is due Saturday. I would be surprised if it happens otherwise.

EDIT : Ok nevermind

stu_101

Website - NOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedomsoldier17

stu_101

After hearing the better quality version, I dig it a lot more. The verse is the highlight for me. Bass line is great.

mono

Quote from: stu_101 on Feb 04, 2016, 06:49 PM
After hearing the better quality version, I dig it a lot more. The verse is the highlight for me. Bass line is great.

this

phil for real

It's def growing on me.  I like it.  Reminds me of Saturday Night Wrist.

nineteen

Reichward

Me too, starting to like it already. I really hope there will be a second, heavier track before the album drops out like there was for the previous ones.

shine down unshy

"There's a new, strange, godless demon awake inside me."