Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkcwkc

For me, this album has so much replay value it's ridiculous.  The slow burn of Gore is amazing. 

After easily 100 listens, here's where I stand in order from favorite(s) to least favorite(s):

- Acid Hologram (top 10 Deftones song for me.  Stephen's crunch and Frank's electronic work is fucking flawlessly complementary)
- Prayers/Triangles
- Geometric Headdress
- Pittura Infamante (most underrated song on the album, in my opinion, too many haters)
- L(MIRL)
- Rubicon
- Gore
- Doomed User
- Phantom Bride
- Xenon
- Hearts/Wires (most overrated song on the album, albeit the best mixing)

pelican fly

Quote from: wkcwkc on Jun 10, 2016, 03:33 AM
For me, this album has so much replay value it's ridiculous.  The slow burn of Gore is amazing. 

After easily 100 listens, here's where I stand in order from favorite(s) to least favorite(s):

- Acid Hologram (top 10 Deftones song for me.  Stephen's crunch and Frank's electronic work is fucking perfect)
- Prayers/Triangles
- Geometric Headdress
- Pittura Infamante (most underrated song on the album)
- L(MIRL)
- Rubicon
- Gore
- Doomed User
- Phantom Bride
- Xenon
- Hearts/Wires (most overrated song on the album, albeit the best mixing)

E-Money

I think Rubicon is the real gem of the record.. Also really dig phantom bride and Lmirl.. Just can't believe how bad the drums sound on most songs.. It's sad because Abe just kills it like always..

Dryalex12

I love how everyone is changing there minds and starting to love the album more......because holy shit it is really starting to grow on me. I caught myself singing along to Doomed and Xenon and only now did i noticed the odd time signatures on Geo

pelican fly

" And now relate like I relate
Until your faith reconnects
Now relate like I relate
To the words"

Love that song. One of their best in a while

pinata89

I have listened to this album over and over the last few weeks, and it just keeps getting better. The small details are revealing themselves and it's enhancing each experience with every listen. Very pleased with this release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pelican fly

Yea. This is their best album post Chi era by far imo. DE and Koi are great but I really enjoy just listening to this album all the way through. Can't really say that about the other 2.

pinata89

You and I, both, pelican fly. This album blows those two out of the water

Lurid Vega

What's up gentlemen? Still banging Gore, I see. Well for me Acid Hologram, Hearts/Wires (hits very home to baby mamma  drama in my life), and Rubicon are in some of their best songs ever. Acid Hologram probably in top 3. That song is 3 peated every time it's heard.

Lurid Vega

I do wish the drums were louder on every song though, like front and center... I don't understand why Abe is in the background..frustrating...

pinata89

Yeah, mix is not my fav (ST takes the gold there). But compositionally, this album is very good

snw9

Quote from: Lurid Vega on Jun 11, 2016, 04:24 AM
I do wish the drums were louder on every song though, like front and center... I don't understand why Abe is in the background..frustrating...

For example Acid Hologram, need to way louder.
Code: [Select]

The Cyndicate

Stockholm Syndrome with an album.
Interesting.

Dath

Quote from: The Cyndicate on Jun 16, 2016, 11:24 PM
Interesting.

Nobody's being forced to listen to Gore though lol

Deftones in general took a little while to click with me, I'm not surprised when they put out stuff people aren't feeling right away.

E-Money

I'm enjoying hearts and wires a lot more now after watching these live videos... They really jam that one out. Hope acid and Lmirl are next !

rainnyx4

Album still kind of blows. Never really feel much desire to listen to it. Haven't been this disappointed with a Deftones album since S/T. Never thought they could do worse than that, but this album might be worse. S/T at least had a couple of amazing songs (WGTB and Anniversary) that really stuck with me. The closest on Gore would be Acid Hologram and even that doesn't come quite close enough.

The Cyndicate

Quote from: Dath on Jun 17, 2016, 01:28 AM
Quote from: The Cyndicate on Jun 16, 2016, 11:24 PM
Interesting.

Nobody's being forced to listen to Gore though lol

Deftones in general took a little while to click with me, I'm not surprised when they put out stuff people aren't feeling right away.

Well yeah you are. Is there another new Deftones album?

I mean, we waited a while for this and we aren't going to listen to anything else, we love this band. So we listen and hope.

Then we start to like things.
I found myself liking LMirl , H&W and PB.

Stockholm Syndrome via album is real.

N0S3BLEED976

I sail on these waves, HEY!

guarnoplo

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jun 17, 2016, 04:37 AM
Album still kind of blows. Never really feel much desire to listen to it. Haven't been this disappointed with a Deftones album since S/T. Never thought they could do worse than that, but this album might be worse. S/T at least had a couple of amazing songs (WGTB and Anniversary) that really stuck with me. The closest on Gore would be Acid Hologram and even that doesn't come quite close enough.

once again, how come only two songs of that album . but, yeah, I also don't have the desire to listen to it (gore) . maybe make a playlist that puts the songs in between in a way that ... idk lol someone finish the sentence

Shadow46/2

Lmirl and Rubicon are five star tracks in my humble opinion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.