Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 26, 2020, 04:11 PM
There's now 3 different clips possibly from two different tracks floating around...

I'm liking what I hear so far.
yea they weren't hard to find, and is totally legit new stuff. nice to get something, even low quality

Inkblades

:-X

N0S3BLEED976

I wonder how the Gore haters are going to react once they realize that the new stuff sounds pretty similar  so far. I like it a lot

Roidragee

Quote from: LG95 on Jul 26, 2020, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Yossarian on Jul 26, 2020, 03:33 PM
I also hope that we are just days from official news. Wednesday sounds hopeful yet not unrealistic when u think bout leaks from yesterday
They're not leaks from the band though. It's someone's recording from Chino's mixlr about six weeks ago.

And the fact that YouTube hasn't hit it immediately with a copyright strike makes me think we might be further away from an announcement than we might think.

Yeah I wonder why people are starting to leak from that stream now when those songs were showed back in June in private.  I'd hope they announce soon though because more people are starting to hear songs from that stream.

Inkblades

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 26, 2020, 06:15 PM
I wonder how the Gore haters are going to react once they realize that the new stuff sounds pretty similar  so far. I like it a lot

I think Gore had that negative fan backlash for two reasons:

1. The poor mix.
2. The interview where Stephen said he had trouble getting into writing the album and Hearts/Wires.

If Gore just had better production, I think it would be as praised by fans as Koi (maybe not as praised as DE though, which has an accessibility to it that's always going to make it one of their most popular). We don't have to worry about a bad mix with Terry involved, so I think Oh, Hello, My Sweetheart will be more praised.

Inkblades

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 26, 2020, 06:40 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Jul 26, 2020, 04:16 PM
Quote from: Yossarian on Jul 26, 2020, 03:33 PM
I also hope that we are just days from official news. Wednesday sounds hopeful yet not unrealistic when u think bout leaks from yesterday
They're not leaks from the band though. It's someone's recording from Chino's mixlr about six weeks ago.

And the fact that YouTube hasn't hit it immediately with a copyright strike makes me think we might be further away from an announcement than we might think.

Yeah I wonder why people are starting to leak from that stream now when those songs were showed back in June in private.  I'd hope they announce soon though because more people are starting to hear songs from that stream.

If I had to guess, my theory is the guy who leaked them got pissy that no album announcement has come since the preview was over a month ago, which is a pretty fucking entitled thing to do. The fact that he told Vesanic to fuck off after V asked him to keep it on the down low makes me think the dude is probably a huge asshole.

sharinglungs

Did Chino really play almost 4 minutes of new songs on his mixlr? Or did he only play the one minute clip?

Inkblades

:-X

Yossarian

If I had to guess, my theory is the guy who leaked them got pissy that no album announcement has come since the preview was over a month ago, which is a pretty fucking entitled thing to do. The fact that he told Vesanic to fuck off after V asked him to keep it on the down low makes me think the dude is probably a huge asshole.

Truly that would be arrogant entitilement. Patience in face of delays is a part of being Deftones fan. WB folks and band just have to postpone their LPs each time and that's ok, part of life. Two weeks ago, when Chino  gave new album title and month of release, no one here took it for granted.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Roidragee

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 26, 2020, 07:41 PM
Did Chino really play almost 4 minutes of new songs on his mixlr? Or did he only play the one minute clip?

He showed a pretty decent amount of stuff that night so the people probably got more stuff they're sharing

Vesanic

Mods reading this:

Please come to the moderator room. Thank you

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 08:06 PM
Mods reading this:

Please come to the moderator room. Thank you

uh oh... somethings up..

Inkblades

Lol what the fuck is Reprise and Velvet Hammer doing to stop this? Or are they too busy playing with their ballsacks to care?

Vesanic

Inkblades, my theory is that they're going for a modern approach where they believe those leaks will create hype in the long run and will enhance the promotion. I could be entirely wrong.

Not a fan of that approach but I'm no manager.

Vesanic

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jul 26, 2020, 08:28 PM
I have a feeling those leaks are somewhat purposefully bad quality. I mean, a phone recording another phone's instagram story? There has to have been a better way to share it

The songs were made available out of the blue, phone recordings were the only option for some people. Many people don't know about screen/audio capture applications. There's no mystery behind it really.

LG95

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 26, 2020, 08:54 PM
Lol what the fuck is Reprise and Velvet Hammer doing to stop this? Or are they too busy playing with their ballsacks to care?
Honestly that's the most mental thing. Where's the copyright strike? It's been on Youtube of all places for over half a day.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 09:00 PM
Inkblades, my theory is that they're going for a modern approach where they believe those leaks will create hype in the long run and will enhance the promotion. I could be entirely wrong.

Not a fan of that approach but I'm no manager.

Hmmm, that's a good possibility. I don't get that approach either, but I'm also not in the music business. Either that or they just simply aren't aware that song clips are leaking yet.

DenakDW

Im sure we will get some news this week.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Vesanic

Someone on reddit said they had it on good authority the source leak wasn't mixed/mastered and the tempo is off. Do what you will with this info...

Roidragee

The first song snippet is for sure slowed down, I remember hearing it with a little faster tempo. I don't think it was mastered either when they got those leaks