Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 29, 2020, 09:01 PM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 29, 2020, 08:59 PM
Damn it I obviously missed something. Where is the potential September date coming from?

Chino and Abe have given September as the release month, I think and said it in June and Chino more recently, I think when he leaked the album title. So obviously the record company has a date on September that they would like to release it in, but we'll have to wait and see what happens basically.

Thanks for the feedback! I had heard the guys mention September as well. From the previous posts I had assumed something more "official" had come to light.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Lincblade

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 29, 2020, 09:29 PM
Damn it I obviously missed something. Where is the potential September date coming from?

Chino and Abe have given September as the release month, I think and said it in June and Chino more recently, I think when he leaked the album title. So obviously the record company has a date on September that they would like to release it in, but we'll have to wait and see what happens basically.

Thanks for the feedback! I had heard the guys mention September as well. From the previous posts I had assumed something more "official" had come to light.

Definitely feel you there. I came back and saw a bunch of edited posts then saw mention of deleted posts then all of a sudden dates were being thrown out. I was thinking damnit, I missed something again!

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Lincblade on Jul 29, 2020, 09:56 PM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 29, 2020, 09:29 PM

Definitely feel you there. I came back and saw a bunch of edited posts then saw mention of deleted posts then all of a sudden dates were being thrown out. I was thinking damnit, I missed something again!

Sorry, we are just screwing around. Some new, mysterious user called 4bidenknowledg3 mentioned this old song "September" from '80s. First line of the song goes like "Do you remember the 21st day of September" or something like that.

Lugosi_Jaws

Who's getting the world premiere Zane Lowe or  Daniel  Carter ?

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: Lugosi_Jaws on Jul 29, 2020, 11:15 PM
Neither, Stef is going on Joe Rogan

Lugosi_Jaws

B-Real Smoke Box would be better

plagasx

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Jul 30, 2020, 12:08 AM

Is this a joke? Where did you hear this?

Don't see Stef on the guest schedule.

GR1X7S

I'm stoked to see the album cover. What are we thinkin?.. Abstract imagery or more birds lol

Roidragee

Quote from: GR1X7S on Jul 30, 2020, 12:36 AM
I'm stoked to see the album cover. What are we thinkin?.. Abstract imagery or more birds lol

It's time for another girl album cover

Lugosi_Jaws

My understanding is Frank  Maddocks is doing the art.  Belching beaver  brewery has some exciting news in the next few weeks! Maybe a new beer for the new album.

ANattyRat

Well, I think it's safe to assume it'll be something weird at least lol.

GR1X7S

Quote from: ANattyRat on Jul 30, 2020, 01:00 AM

Well, I think it's safe to assume it'll be something weird at least lol.

Well they have always had the ability to turn what may seem weird or off-putting for other bands look slick as fuck for them.

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: plagasx on Jul 30, 2020, 12:22 AM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Jul 30, 2020, 12:08 AM

Is this a joke? Where did you hear this?

Don't see Stef on the guest schedule.
Just a joke. Sorry, I'm not trying to play with your emotions like that!

GR1X7S

Quote from: Lugosi_Jaws on Jul 30, 2020, 12:58 AM
My understanding is Frank  Maddocks is doing the art.  Belching beaver  brewery has some exciting news in the next few weeks! Maybe a new beer for the new album.

This is great news. Love those can designs!

Matthewtheloser

As far as cover art goes, we got girl part 2 with SNW and we got birds part 2 with gore. Maybe this time we'll get skull part 2. Or perhaps we'll even get douche part 2.

976-EVIL

So yeah if they go with another Bird for the cover my vote is for a Penguin...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Jul 30, 2020, 01:13 AM
As far as cover art goes, we got girl part 2 with SNW and we got birds part 2 with gore. Maybe this time we'll get skull part 2. Or perhaps we'll even get douche part 2.

Geometric zen room part 2 then?

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: GR1X7S on Jul 30, 2020, 01:16 AM

Or cat part 2, but this time it's a fat lazy house cat just lounging on the couch

GR1X7S

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Jul 30, 2020, 01:23 AM
Quote from: GR1X7S on Jul 30, 2020, 01:16 AM

Or cat part 2, but this time it's a fat lazy house cat just lounging on the couch

(Like) Lardass

Formant

I'm always hoping for an album cover tease on Maddocks' Instagram.

What do y'all think of the "complete black" message Chino posted months back? Any credence to potential album cover aesthetic?