Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianldiotaiuti

Quote from: Prty on Aug 03, 2020, 05:23 AM
Chuck Doom's set location on his recent instagram post seems interesting, wont say more then that.

He was at Chino's house today.

Matthewtheloser

Chuck Doom's set location on his recent instagram post seems interesting, wont say more then that.
Nice catch! Something is for sure on the way soon

Vesanic

sharinglungs

I think ol' Chuck is straight trollin us with that one lol

Inkblades

Yeah he definitely is lol.

Roidragee

Chuck almost had me there

Matthewtheloser

I might be going mentally off the rails on this one, but does the guitar at the end of Chuck's Instagram clip sound kind of like Chino's guitar tone? Listen to the guitar at the end of the clip, then listen to around 0:22 of Hearts/Wires, they sound pretty damn similar. I'm trying to A/B the two and they sound eerily similar, but I could just be grasping for straws at this point

sharinglungs

Although I know it's trolling, it is a song title, which means... we'll probably be finding something out if he's posting about it, even as a joke.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 03, 2020, 06:23 AM
I might be going mentally off the rails on this one, but does the guitar at the end of Chuck's Instagram clip sound kind of like Chino's guitar tone? Listen to the guitar at the end of the clip, then listen to around 0:22 of Hearts/Wires, they sound pretty damn similar. I'm trying to A/B the two and they sound eerily similar, but I could just be grasping for straws at this point

I think it might be Todd Wilkinson, because he posted some side eyes and heart emoji on the post.

Ianldiotaiuti

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 03, 2020, 06:23 AM

Seems like a new song of Saudade.

Inkblades

That clip is definitely not Deftones. It's 100 percent Saudade. FYI, Chuck has been posting IG clips of music for years - most which never get released.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 03, 2020, 07:37 AM
That clip is definitely not Deftones. It's 100 percent Saudade. FYI, Chuck has been posting IG clips of music for years - most which never get released.

Nope, it's definitely not deftones, but his location definitely is!

Prty

Yeah I still remember the clip he posted near gore's release we all thought was phantom bride lol.

Roidragee

Was Chuck posting stuff like this near Gore's release? I wasnt here for 2016

sharinglungs

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 03, 2020, 07:51 AM
Was Chuck posting stuff like this near Gore's release? I wasnt here for 2016
I don't think so, I think this is just kinda trolling us like.. "yeah, you figured out a song title" .. lol

LG95

All the tags on that IG post seem to be Saudade related.
I could float here forever

Matthewtheloser

I don't know what this means, but if you go to Frank Maddocks' Instagram page and look at posts he's tagged in, Chuck's recent post shows up

Inkblades

Frank M did the covers for the Saudade singles, so probably has to do with that.

Matthewtheloser

I had no clue he did Saudade's covers too, makes sense

Vesanic

One music snippet from Chuck Doom, and this topic has a whole extra page?

*trembles in moderator*