Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkflop01

Has anyone tried doing an animation of all the different versions of the ''artwork'' from the website, which shows  all the minor changes day to day?

sharinglungs

Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 17, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 17, 2020, 07:45 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 17, 2020, 07:37 PM
Someone said "Yesterday one weak, today hexagram (6), it's a countdown" I like that idea

If it's a countdown, what song has a five? Street Carp?

Pretty sure they aren't going this way. I can see the pattern.

"Five, oh, I confess, theres all your evidence."

If that gets posted tomorrow it's def a countdown.  8)

But Street carp makes no sense... We know the album title... S is not the 3rd letter.

sharinglungs

Quote from: punkflop01 on Aug 17, 2020, 08:17 PM
Has anyone tried doing an animation of all the different versions of the ''artwork'' from the website, which shows  all the minor changes day to day?

No but I've scrolled through the images one by one, and it's only revealing the image in the one area, good chance there's not much left to show.

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Fuzzheadup on Aug 17, 2020, 07:58 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 07:47 PM
I don't think one weak was for for one week. I think they did that to throw us for a loop...

Didn't tokyodrifter say not to overthink things.?

I agree, I think they only actually used that song because (as far as I'm aware) they actually don't have any other songs beginning with O to use?

That's correct, it was their only choice for O

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

stinkfist

I don't think one weak was for for one week. I think they did that to throw us for a loop...

I also felt the "one week" connection was a stretch, imo the only solid theory we have thus far is concerning the blinking dots and lines forming the morse code... maybe the black stallion hints as well...

punkflop01

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 08:20 PM
Quote from: punkflop01 on Aug 17, 2020, 08:17 PM

No but I've scrolled through the images one by one, and it's only revealing the image in the one area, good chance there's not much left to show.

Ah ok! thanks

sharinglungs

Quote from: stinkfist on Aug 17, 2020, 08:22 PM

I also felt the "one week" connection was a stretch, imo the only solid theory we have thus far is concerning the blinking dots and lines forming the morse code... maybe the black stallion hints as well...
there's no black stallion hints.

B_S_79

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 08:19 PM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 17, 2020, 07:52 PM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Aug 17, 2020, 07:45 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 17, 2020, 07:37 PM
Someone said "Yesterday one weak, today hexagram (6), it's a countdown" I like that idea

If it's a countdown, what song has a five? Street Carp?

Pretty sure they aren't going this way. I can see the pattern.

"Five, oh, I confess, theres all your evidence."

If that gets posted tomorrow it's def a countdown.  8)

But Street carp makes no sense... We know the album title... S is not the 3rd letter.

Right I agree. But if it was a countdown,  7,6,5, etc this would work.

I was trying to not get banned by giving out the next letter of the album title. Lol.

Ihateallofmyfriends

There's a guy on twitter called samuel_savage who has posted the 'dots' lined up with a version of the screaming woman at a different angle and it fits them perfectly.

If that's not the new album cover then they've been having fun misleading us all haha ;D

Inkblades

My bet is they'll post a video with My Own Summer lyrics tomorrow.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Aug 17, 2020, 08:52 PM
There's a guy on twitter called samuel_savage who has posted the 'dots' lined up with a version of the screaming woman at a different angle and it fits them perfectly.

If that's not the new album cover then they've been having fun misleading us all haha ;D

It won't be.. The deftones.com image has no mouth or nose

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 17, 2020, 08:52 PM
My bet is they'll post a video with My Own Summer lyrics tomorrow.

But they've already used my own summer on Spotify, I don't think they'll change the canvas to be a morse code symbol, they'll probably pick another M song

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 08:53 PM

No mouth or nose yet, but they seem to be doing a slow reveal so they wouldn't put it all in straight away. It might not be that, but it lines up with the dots when you put the image of her face there at that angle so... Go check it out

Matthewtheloser

To be honest, I don't think the eyes in the dotted image even look all that similar to the eyes in the tour poster. Different shape, positioning, etc.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Aug 17, 2020, 09:03 PM

No mouth or nose yet, but they seem to be doing a slow reveal so they wouldn't put it all in straight away. It might not be that, but it lines up with the dots when you put the image of her face there at that angle so... Go check it out

I know, but if you manipulate the image correctly, you'll see that no dots for the mouth or nose shape exist. I don't think the album cover reveal will drag on THAT long.. If they reveal the title Wednesday, I don't see why they wouldn't finish showing the album cover as well.

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 17, 2020, 09:10 PM
Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Aug 17, 2020, 09:03 PM

I know, but if you manipulate the image correctly, you'll see that no dots for the mouth or nose shape exist. I don't think the album cover reveal will drag on THAT long.. If they reveal the title Wednesday, I don't see why they wouldn't finish showing the album cover as well.

It could end up being something completely different and they might just be playing with us to be fair,  let's wait and see

sharinglungs

It'll be whatever the image in the website is revealing, they're not going to do something completely different. They're just not going to use the image from their tour poster. It just makes no sense.

Vesanic

sharinglungs

It's only going to get wilder the closer it gets!

Sleeping_Giant

They better drop something soon - these terribly low quality leaks are all over the FB fangroups. Actually it's really hard not to stumble upon them (Lord, please protect innocent people from checking them - it will destroy whole perception). One link was up for like 4 hours for all users before they took it down after my report...