Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwazaru

Quote from: Fuzzheadup on Aug 18, 2020, 03:34 PM
Still all up for debate, but I see a winged insect on a girls face. Maybe a moth?

The 'wing' is covering the left eye as it's perched on the girls nose.
Oh shit Silence of the Lambs

buflen

Minerva has morse code for M on spotify.

Vesanic

Just don't spoil it for the random fan who might happen to show up here. Yeah, I know, it seems excessive.

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 05:10 PM
Just don't spoil it for the random fan who might happen to show up here. Yeah, I know, it seems excessive.

that answers my question. but i feel this is as good as official reveal, even though it is kinda cryptic (but not really)

Vesanic

Just wait until they say it. Lots of people are still trying to decode it, and a lot more don't even know there is a message behind it. It's really a matter of a couple of days now. Thank you.

Roidragee

Hopefully by tomorrow they officially announce it but who knows

buflen

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 18, 2020, 05:15 PM
Just wait until they say it. Lots of people are still trying to decode it, and a lot more don't even know there is a message behind it. It's really a matter of a couple of days now. Thank you.
got it, but this kind of marketing ploy is usually for fans to decipher/talk about it. I find it weird we can't. I blame chino.

RaptureWS

Still all up for debate, but I see a winged insect on a girls face. Maybe a moth?

As you all know I've been running through these images in a program called Piccy. I changed the contrast and saturation, and then added some blur to make the dots not look like dots, and I definitely saw something like this to. I  saw something running down the left side of the picture, and definitely an object around the nose area. I was kind of thinking cigarette with smoke coming off of it. But yeah I definitely think there's something in the nose area and something going down the right side of her face. smoke, water, insect or something else entirely. I really wish I would have said something so I could say I was the first to notice, but it's fine LOL I'm glad someone else said something so now I don't look like the crazy guy.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

leatherz

Do you think they will reveal the tracklist too?

Inkblades

To be fair, none of us would probably be guessing what they were spelling out if we didn't already know.

Inkblades

Quote from: leatherz on Aug 18, 2020, 05:29 PM
Do you think they will reveal the tracklist too?

If the album is indeed coming out on September 25th, I would think so.

Inkblades

What's the odds of them pulling a Hum and just dropping the whole album on Friday? One out of a million? I mean, crazier things have happened. We are living in different times in 2020...

imbrie

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 05:32 PM
What's the odds of them pulling a Hum and just dropping the whole album on Friday? One out of a million? I mean, crazier things have happened. We are living in different times in 2020...

That would be nice but renders the date of 25th September on the website somewhat moot. Unless they went the Nick Cave route and dropped the digital version earlier than the physical release. So, possible, I guess.

Inkblades

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 18, 2020, 05:35 PM

That would be nice but renders the date of 25th September on the website somewhat moot. Unless they went the Nick Cave route and dropped the digital version earlier than the physical release. So, possible, I guess.

While the 0925 url makes that date seem likely, it's not 100% until they announce it.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 05:29 PM
To be fair, none of us would probably be guessing what they were spelling out if we didn't already know.

Definitely not.. It would be nearly impossible to figure out

leatherz

Quote from: GR1X7S on Aug 18, 2020, 05:45 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 18, 2020, 05:29 PM

Definitely not.. It would be nearly impossible to figure out

Not even figure out the Morse code stuff if they didn't post the lyrics of One Weak on Twitter

ghostofemilydickinson

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 18, 2020, 05:28 PM

I was kind of thinking cigarette with smoke coming off of it. But yeah I definitely think there's something in the nose area and something going down the right side of her face. smoke, water, insect or something else entirely. I really wish I would have said something so I could say I was the first to notice, but it's fine LOL I'm glad someone else said something so now I don't look like the crazy guy.

I'm hoping for "coming out of the water." Lady with cigarette was already done with Team Sleep. Yawn. Hey, while we're speculating, maybe it's not the album cover at all and it's a picture of Chelsea Wolfe, confirming a collaboration on the album. (Before I get destroyed, this is a joke...about the cover, not the hope for a Chelsea collab because I've been wanting that something awful for years).

stu_101

Based on the costs alone (world famous Hollywood studio and Terry Date who doesn't  come cheap), and of course the economic downturn, I would imagine the record company would want to build as much hype as possible on this to maximise returns. A full release this month is incredible unlikely.

buflen

Quote from: stu_101 on Aug 18, 2020, 06:02 PM

Based on the costs alone (world famous Hollywood studio and Terry Date who doesn't  come cheap), and of course the economic downturn, I would imagine the record company would want to build as much hype as possible on this to maximise returns. A full release this month is incredible unlikely.
Surprise release could generate hype. But knowing deftones and their past album release, very unlikely.

Gaz

I'm thinking album artwork reveal and a new song this Friday

Thats my prediction