Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

laurapalmer

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 12, 2020, 01:18 AM
I was also at the TS Knitting Factory show. I was kinda high when I saw them that night, but it was good from what I remember.

Since we have a whole another week before Genesis, I gotta recomend a newer band I've really been digging lately called Greyhaven. Kind of a generic band name, but their singer will go between sounding like Chino, Keith Buckley and Daryl Palumbo, often in one song. It's pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_7nfzI22Ls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zv8Yx7q1iQ

This shit is killer. Around the time Gore was coming out, I was managing a Target in New Jersey and a cashier I had asked me to check his band out. I was hesitant but they're called Thank You Scientist. Legit stuff

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 12, 2020, 02:29 PM
I was also at the TS Knitting Factory show. I was kinda high when I saw them that night, but it was good from what I remember.

Since we have a whole another week before Genesis, I gotta recomend a newer band I've really been digging lately called Greyhaven. Kind of a generic band name, but their singer will go between sounding like Chino, Keith Buckley and Daryl Palumbo, often in one song. It's pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_7nfzI22Ls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zv8Yx7q1iQ

This shit is killer. Around the time Gore was coming out, I was managing a Target in New Jersey and a cashier I had asked me to check his band out. I was hesitant but they're called Thank You Scientist. Legit stuff
I saw Thank You Scientist open  up for Coheed And Cambria and Maps & Atlases a few years ago, and they were pretty great!

Visionz

I WILL wait it out. Come friday, ill check outta here till the record comes and join the fun again. But im teally working on myself in a lot of ways right now and patience is one of those things i can get better at. This is the ultimate test

imbrie

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 12, 2020, 04:42 PM
I WILL wait it out. Come friday, ill check outta here till the record comes and join the fun again. But im teally working on myself in a lot of ways right now and patience is one of those things i can get better at. This is the ultimate test

Good luck! It's something I'd like to do but don't think I have the will power but I have a lot on at the moment to keep me occupied so I may well succeed!

Visionz

You got this. You get to hear it together as a piece for the first time PLUS dont underestimate how good it could feel just to do it. If i can do this, i feel like ill get over a lot more later

Visionz

;) not gonna b easy. I teally have a gooooood feeling about this record and i get the strong feeling that this isnt the last record they will record.  8)

imbrie

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 12, 2020, 07:37 PM
You got this. You get to hear it together as a piece for the first time PLUS dont underestimate how good it could feel just to do it. If i can do this, i feel like ill get over a lot more later

Of late, I've generally resisted listening to singles or at the very least kept it to a minimum because that over familiarity of a song(s) really does lessen the first listen through of an album for me. I couldn't not listen to Ohms (the song) though but have made a concerted effort not to listen toooo much.

Think I'm going to do the same and check out from here from the next single release until the album hits.

secretbandinsider

The song has grown on me significantly as of late... Probably like a 4.5, though still in the lower tier as far as their closers go.

E-Money

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 12, 2020, 08:15 PM
The song has grown on me significantly as of late... Probably like a 4.5, though still in the lower tier as far as their closers go.

I completely agree. It's a great track and I think it was a great choice as a single. I just don't like it being the album closer. Maybe I will feel differently once I hear the entire album as a whole. But I doubt it. I really hope we get one beautiful slow paced gem on this album. We'll see.

illthrowROCKS@U

I love Thank you Scientist, Maps of Non-Existent Places is a wonderful album.

You'll probably like it if you're into bands like Coheed and Cambria or The Mars Volta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QM0XP_h3c&list=PLqtrXRqCWZbRzalax8k4cKQIyolC3GLBi&index=11&t=0s
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Draken

They sound pretty good, I'll have to check out more of their stuff.

I discovered this band really late but they're an exceptional 90's band, listen to their Gold and Silver albums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CRLVmTnxdc

Draken

For the sake of not driving the mods crazy I'll continue this where it belongs over here:

https://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,8.msg858784.html#new

but I got a ton more to share if anyone is interested in music to tide you over before the release.

laurapalmer

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Sep 12, 2020, 08:56 PM

I love Thank you Scientist, Maps of Non-Existent Places is a wonderful album.

You'll probably like it if you're into bands like Coheed and Cambria or The Mars Volta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QM0XP_h3c&list=PLqtrXRqCWZbRzalax8k4cKQIyolC3GLBi&index=11&t=0s

Yeah I was surprised at how good they were. Usually when someone asks me to check on their art it's middling. He worked at this Target inbetween tours although a quick look at him says he has since quit the band and is now a music teacher

Vesanic

Quote from: E-Money on Sep 12, 2020, 08:41 PM
Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 12, 2020, 08:15 PM

I completely agree. It's a great track and I think it was a great choice as a single. I just don't like it being the album closer. Maybe I will feel differently once I hear the entire album as a whole. But I doubt it. I really hope we get one beautiful slow paced gem on this album. We'll see.

It's grown on me as well. That intro riff really sticks in your head after a while. As far as their closers go, I listened to Moana yesterday and kept thinking Ohms missed something. But I think it's more about us missing something in the song... I'm convinced it'll all make sense in context. The sounds before the intro riff sound like they were coming from something interesting.

secretbandinsider

Yeah, at first I  didn't understand how this song could make sense as a closer but the more the lyrics sink in the more I'm okay with it, it has a kind of a bittersweet inevitability to it.

Vesanic

I had this random dream that I had received a promo advance of Radiant City on vinyl and I was going to listen to it to drop my two cents on here. So weird. I guess I'm really excited about this record!

sharinglungs

I can't believe we're less than 2 weeks from new music..

LG95

Honestly, I think it was maybe time they changed the sort of song they put last. Ohms doesn't feel like a Deftones closer and I like that. And as someone said on here the other week, it feels like a song that will force you to immediately play the album again.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

They're teasing Genesis lyrics on their IG story!