Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Boss

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 12, 2020, 08:44 PM
They're teasing Genesis lyrics on their IG story!

You aren't supposed to know that  :o

sharinglungs

Quote from: Big Boss on Sep 12, 2020, 08:58 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 12, 2020, 08:44 PM
They're teasing Genesis lyrics on their IG story!

You aren't supposed to know that  :o

I don't ;)

Visionz

@Ves.... im surprised u dont get any promo stuff now for all your work and time.

Vesanic

It's cool, I like doing it. Besides, they could terminate DeftonesLive anytime. I have so much copyrighted material up there. And I leaked stuff in the past. I see it as a way to play fair.

mono

sharinglungs

Anyone remember the photo of Chino in studio with Incubus and Skrillex? I guess Mike Einziger was on live stream today and someone asked him about that song, he said it's coming out at some point. Here's what the guy who asked the question posted on Facebook.

QuoteYooo! Mike answered my question on his livestream. He said the Chino collab will see the light of day sometime. He said they'll definitely get back to it. Brandon, Chino, and Skrillex all have a verse then they sing together according to Mike.

plagasx

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 13, 2020, 01:17 AM
Anyone remember the photo of Chino in studio with Incubus and Skrillex? I guess Mike Einziger was on live stream today and someone asked him about that song, he said it's coming out at some point. Here's what the guy who asked the question posted on Facebook.

QuoteYooo! Mike answered my question on his livestream. He said the Chino collab will see the light of day sometime. He said they'll definitely get back to it. Brandon, Chino, and Skrillex all have a verse then they sing together according to Mike.

Hell yea!! I totally forgot about that. I remember being so pissed off it wasn't on the new Incubus album especially since they advertised it on Instagram.. https://youtu.be/vgax11NZUlU

Nice to hear they're still gonna put it out.

buflen

sharinglungs

Umm.. guys.. what if... there's alternate album art?

Frank Maddocks just posted 3 images to IG, I put them together in album format with white background... obviously it's not the complete image.. but this would look really cool, either as the album cover or as a t-shirt design.

Sergio also shared on of the 3 images on his IG story.

Draken

I guess it'd be wishful thinking to suppose a possible Limited Edition version? Gah that would be so amazing...

Vesanic

I think they're just teasing the next single

Vesanic

Quote from: Draken on Sep 10, 2020, 06:12 PM
Damn shit goes south so quickly round here LMFAO  ;D

I honestly couldn't care less what they name anything, as long as the music is there. Ohms isn't a bad title but when I first heard rumor that was what it was called I was like "nah it can't be" then when it was announced I shrugged and was like "okay cool". Can't wait to hear the music.

On the topic of live performances, someone mentioned the Team Sleep sessions... omg yes, Chino never sounded better imo. His best recorded performance of his career? Prove me wrong Ves!

Answered you in the bullshit thread

Big Boss

Quote from: buflen on Sep 13, 2020, 02:01 AM
Quote from: mono on Sep 13, 2020, 12:17 AM
Nice Terry Date interview:
https://everythingrecording.com/of-metal-and-immortality/
Anyone that dislike the song ohms should read that interview lol.

Great interview! Is it just me or does it seem like he didn't do much to hype the album up though? Maybe it's because of what he said. It takes him 10 years or whatever to like an album he has worked on. Also, I get this wasn't just about Ohms. But him repeating that there's some "good" songs on there has me worried 😬 Aren't they all good songs? Isn't the album awesome? C'mon Terry D!

sharinglungs

You have to remember, he's heard that album probably thousands of times, it probably wears on you after a while.

Big Boss

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 13, 2020, 03:49 AM
You have to remember, he's heard that album probably thousands of times, it probably wears on you after a while.

Fair enough. I guess it makes sense. I've spent an inordinate amount of time smoking meat and the same kind of meat day in and day out. By the time it's done, I want absolutely nothing to do with it, while those who are hungry devour it. Not saying it's that good. But it's like this album. Terry is me. Burnt out and tired of the process but proud of the work. The guests are the fans. Starving for a taste that eventually leads to the whole thing. Thanks for helping me shift focus 

buflen

Quote from: Big Boss on Sep 13, 2020, 03:46 AM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 13, 2020, 02:01 AM
Quote from: mono on Sep 13, 2020, 12:17 AM
Nice Terry Date interview:
https://everythingrecording.com/of-metal-and-immortality/
Anyone that dislike the song ohms should read that interview lol.

Great interview! Is it just me or does it seem like he didn't do much to hype the album up though? Maybe it's because of what he said. It takes him 10 years or whatever to like an album he has worked on. Also, I get this wasn't just about Ohms. But him repeating that there's some "good" songs on there has me worried 😬 Aren't they all good songs? Isn't the album awesome? C'mon Terry D!
doesn't take you much to get worried... wow  ???

buflen

Terry Date: "But there’s some really good songs on it."
Deftones fan: omg im worried the album might suck

facepalm

Big Boss

Quote from: buflen on Sep 13, 2020, 04:12 AM
Terry Date: "But there's some really good songs on it."
Deftones fan: omg im worried the album might suck

facepalm

While I did clearly overreact. You don't need to be an ass about it. See what Sharing Lungs did and my response for a reference on how to be decent on the internet 

buflen

Yeah my bad, sorry. just read too many "I'm worried for x or y reasons" and some weird jumping to conclusions on this board.
I guess thats what you get from very avid and devoted fanbase.
The only opinion that matters is yours and as long as you have not heard the album, there is no reason to get worried or too excited.

Big Boss

Quote from: buflen on Sep 13, 2020, 04:32 AM
Yeah my bad, sorry. just read too many "I'm worried for x or y reasons" and some weird jumping to conclusions on this board.
I guess thats what you get from very avid and devoted fanbase.
The only opinion that matters is yours and as long as you have not heard the album, there is no reason to get worried or too excited.

It's all good. I was definitely being a bitch about it. Not debating that one bit. I just do really like the band like everyone else and have high expectations that I shouldn't have. But I'm glad we were able to push past that and not have it turn into an ugly thing like things usually end up when we're able to hide behind usernames. Now I'll stop with the mushy shit. Let's just look forward to this album cycle and not be too worried about how it may or may not end up. Everyone has opinions. We're all just excited