Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

secretbandinsider

when I first heard the song I couldn't even find a hook, now I can't get it out of my head lol. This album is gonna blow my asshole out.

imbrie

Sicario

Quote from: secretbandinsider on Sep 13, 2020, 04:33 PM
when I first heard the song I couldn't even find a hook, now I can't get it out of my head lol. This album is gonna blow my asshole out.

Dude. Ouch
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

imbrie

Is there any plan/appetite for a community album listening party?

sharinglungs

I was just thinking yesterday that it would be cool if they did a release day/night listening party.

imbrie

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 13, 2020, 06:10 PM
I was just thinking yesterday that it would be cool if they did a release day/night listening party.

Well I'm up/down for that.

LG95

The vocal on the second chorus of Ohms is especially fucking ace. I love the pierced "Yeeeaaaah" leading into "Time won't change this"
I could float here forever

Iwazaru

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 13, 2020, 05:12 PM
Is there any plan/appetite for a community album listening party?
Don't know about Sharing Lungs listening party but one of my long time friends is coming over to my city on thursday 24th so come midnight we do a first listening of the album together. I don't overthink the upcoming release of Ohms or how i'm gonna enjoy this record, but i'm still definitely excited knowing that in less than two weeks i'm gonna come home from work so i can focus on the next Deftones album with my pal.
Hopefully this album doesn't divide us as much as Gore \_(ツ)_/

Visionz

I really liked the songs on Gore the first few listens except phantom bride and Rubicon. Now i can barely listen even  after a year long break from it. I didnt need a break bc i overlistened either... i wanted to see if magic happened and i got over the sound of it but idk if ill ever crave it again at all. LMIRL could have been special and maybe even a few others IMO but idk i guess its bc they mostly DIYed it? Producer wasn't present much from what i remember
Also, we have to remember to take what Chino says about an upcoming Deftones record with a grain of salt. Nothing against him, but just because he says it's really rad and everyone's getting along and it's some of the greatest work he thinks they've done in a while and he really likes it doesn't mean that will be the outcome. We all have different opinions also soSome people like the record some don't

Draken

This

Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 13, 2020, 08:38 PM
I don't overthink the upcoming release of Ohms or how i'm gonna enjoy this record, but i'm still definitely excited knowing that in less than two weeks i'm gonna come home from work so i can focus on the next Deftones album with my pal.
Hopefully this album doesn't divide us as much as Gore \_(ツ)_/

plagasx

So Genesis tease starting tomorrow?

Iwazaru

I keep seeing Genesis being brought up here as the next pre-release single, but what actual proof of that do we have? With so many posts on the Ohms thread it's hard to keep track of all of it and sometimes I feel like people chose to believe what they sould like to believe based on any rumor. Not that I don't wish for another preview naturally, but I find it hard to believe anything's that's not been officially announced by the band and/or label.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 13, 2020, 09:57 PM
I keep seeing Genesis being brought up here as the next pre-release single, but what actual proof of that do we have? With so many posts on the Ohms thread it's hard to keep track of all of it and sometimes I feel like people chose to believe what they sould like to believe based on any rumor. Not that I don't wish for another preview naturally, but I find it hard to believe anything's that's not been officially announced by the band and/or label.

C-money revealed it on his live stream. He's friends with Stef. They also teased the lyrics to the song on their instagram story last night.

Big Boss

Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 13, 2020, 09:57 PM

And sharinglungs may or may not have heard Genesis and may or may not have identified the lyrics in an instagram post by the band

Roidragee

Genesis teaser tomorrow or Wednesday probably

sharinglungs

There should be like a SharingLungs Discord server. lol

Sicario

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 13, 2020, 10:44 PM
There should be like a SharingLungs Discord server. lol

I'll allow it
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

E-Money

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 13, 2020, 06:29 PM
The vocal on the second chorus of Ohms is especially fucking ace. I love the pierced "Yeeeaaaah" leading into "Time won't change this"

Absolutely. And the way he sings the word through straight from his gut is awesome. It almost sounds slightly off key but it's absolutely perfect. 👌

Visionz

He Sounds fucking great. 8)   And like Terry said in that recent interview he likes the mistakes more than anything so Chino shouldn't be as polished as he has for the last 10 years imo

Visionz

I was jamming out to ghosts yesterday and I fucking love how he sounds in that song not as far as the production but the style he sings in. Some 80s new wave shit for sure. I'm not asking for anything on this record other than for it to be a great Deftones record but if I did I guess I would like some of that style in a track for two....even like his version of IOTWCS.  He's so different in those tracks to me but still him.It's funny how covers seem to bring out another element of chino I think
Oh, btw...I AM EXCITED TO HEAR WHAT FRANK DID TO THIS RECORD. I don't think I've ever been as excited and curious about what Frank is going to do than this time around