Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

if they release another LP, it will probably be on Ferret or Equal Vision.  IF.

Nebontha

QuoteThey won't, Not that their record label has anything to do with whether you should buy the cd...and if a record label means that much to you then you need to get out there and do your own music, get signed and maybe you'll understand how it might feel to have that said about you.
I already pretty much make my own music, but I will never get signed, my music's too unconventional, and I don't have the energy to tour anyway, or deal with record labels' bullshit.
Read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glassjaw#Problems_with_Roadrunner_Records
and after reading this:
Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadrunner_Records
I can concur that Roadrunner is complete shite and a disgrace to what metal music really is.

QuoteTo be fair though glassjaw themselves encouraged fans not to buy their records released on Roadrunner and instead download it.
That's exactly why I said what I said. Not because of some mysterious reason that the guy who made the quote above thinks i believe.  I dislike Roadrunner because Glassjaw hates Roadrunner.
And hey, I bought Worship & Tribute, for fuck's sake.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Paint Your Lips

I love to see these kinds of things on Twitter !

DarylPalumboCCIcon_lockRecoded vocals on a Glassjaw tune all day today with Beck & @Produktsound (who is my hero because he just drove me home to NYC from LI XO).

Deftones-argentina

http://blog.revolt-media.com/?p=1444

I don-t get why glassjaw.net deleted this interview from the forum. But they are definetively good news :)

ALightOn

Playing shows in November with Brand New in the NorthEast?

ben

yes?  opening for Brand New.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Nebontha

Excuse me but WHAT IN THE FUCK?!?!?!?
GlassJaw started in the 19fucking90s, they shouldn't have to open for some new post y2k band...
what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck
I don't understand anything anymore...
am I the only one that doesn't understand this (lack of) logic???
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jacob

hmm. didn't Brand New and Glassjaw use to play shows together like before they made it big?

either way, I like both bands and would not complain about seeing them play together, no matter who's opening.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

wither-I

Quote from: Jacob on Aug 08, 2009, 09:54 PM
hmm. didn't Brand New and Glassjaw use to play shows together like before they made it big?

either way, I like both bands and would not complain about seeing them play together, no matter who's opening.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Deftones-argentina

I never got Brand new tobe honest. They sound quite generic to me, and I just don't understand why they are constantly associated with bands like the JAw, Thrice and Thursday.

Jacob

I see very big similarities between Thrice and Brand New actually. both come from pretty generic american skate/punk/emo but decided to evolve and create a more mature sound. their new sounds aren't that far apart either, actually.

ben

I think a band that has released two albums in a three year span (2006 and 2009 in a month) deserves to headline over a band who has consistently shit all over their fans by destroying their image, knocking key founders out of the band, and refusing to record and release anything significant in 7 years.

raynor

Quote from: ben on Aug 09, 2009, 07:24 PM
I think a band that has released two albums in a three year span (2006 and 2009 in a month) deserves to headline over a band who has consistently shit all over their fans by destroying their image, knocking key founders out of the band, and refusing to record and release anything significant in 7 years.
Everything I've read from ben today has been true, so is this.

Must stop sucking his penis.

Nebontha

QuoteI think a band that has released two albums in a three year span (2006 and 2009 in a month) deserves to headline over a band who has consistently shit all over their fans by destroying their image, knocking key founders out of the band, and refusing to record and release anything significant in 7 years.
Now that I think about it, that is a fucking good point... :-\
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Jacob

Quote from: ben on Aug 09, 2009, 07:24 PM

...well, that too...

Zevaka

brand new are better in doin money

endoeleven

I want the new EP, Slams!

E-Money

They Played a new song tonight in the UK.  Video isn't the best quality.  Lets hope some better videos surface soon! 

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

tarkil

I'll be seeing them in approximately a month. As fucking incredible as it sounds, they will stop in Hong Kong for a night, and play a show there.

Needless to say that I'm fucking stoked !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.