Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

I came here to rant about how band Tool was, but I changed my mind after seeing that video.

Seriously, is that THE Eddie Murphy?

slutproof

haha, offcourse not  :D

Fireal1222

Quote from: Glenn on Mar 07, 2007, 06:02 PM
I came here to rant about how band Tool was, but I changed my mind after seeing that video.

i think you meant to say the word bad, not band

if so.. arent you the guy who listens to all the tight jeans music, i always see you posting your lamo (emo) bands.  tool own everything youve ever listened to combined

go listen to sparta you cupcake loving panzy

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

slutproof

Each to their own I always think, but Tool is in such level that they became untouchable. Even if you don't like their sound, you just can't question their talent, shit, they are what all bands should be about, despite the music style.

theis

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Mar 07, 2007, 08:15 PM

if so.. arent you the guy who listens to all the tight jeans music, i always see you posting your lamo (emo) bands.  tool own everything youve ever listened to combined

arent you the guy who only smokes pot and listens to floyd, tool and radiohead (and nothing else) ?

Fireal1222

Quote from: theis on Mar 07, 2007, 10:29 PM

arent you the guy who only smokes pot and listens to floyd, tool and radiohead (and nothing else) ?

no im the guy who fucks your mother when your not home..

i think you have me confused with the guy who listens to fall out boy

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

lol, i thought the sparta line and calling him a cupcake loving panzy was kinda funny. i thought it was ben (who im friends with), not glenn. i was only kidding anyway. most people dont take offense to what i say. i guess u do

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

cory

Quote from: slutproof on Mar 07, 2007, 08:29 PM
Each to their own I always think, but Tool is in such level that they became untouchable. Even if you don't like their sound, you just can't question their talent, shit, they are what all bands should be about, despite the music style.

that doesn't even make sense

infinitelateralus

Yes it does make sense my friend.  And Tool is the most amazing band on the planet.

slutproof

Quote from: cory on Mar 08, 2007, 10:07 PM
that doesn't even make sense
What I meant in a polite and (yes) confuse way was that you just can't talk shit about Tool because that would make you look like a music illeterate. They're in such level musically that, even if you dislike their heaviness/song struture/song lentgh whatever, you CANT question their talent. Agree?

deathblow

hahahaha

couldn't have said it better myself

Glenn

haha much love you guys.

Jacob

stfu, Sparta is great.

and so is Tool. and anyone who badmouths them needs a chainsaw up their ass.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Fireal1222

Quote from: aenemic on Mar 13, 2007, 02:23 AM
stfu, Sparta is great.

and so is Tool. and anyone who badmouths them needs a chainsaw up their ass.

wiretap scars was good.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Jacob

I love both first albums. the new one is really boring though. yet another band trying too hard to become mainstream.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

orangemunky

Softparody

I've been very much into Right In Two lately. Damn great song! A pretty funny story is that I work with this guy who seemed much like a very calm guy with a lot of self-control and inner comfort.. (Haha, that was gay!) Anyways, I thought he was into jazz and classic music, but then he started asking me about my band, which kind of music we played, which bands who inspired us, etc.. I mentioned Deftones, Rage Against The Machine, Korn, some Turbonegro and Tool, and he told me he catched Tool on Roskilde last summer, and obviously Tool was one of his favourite-bands. It totally changed my point of view on him and now we talk a bit more than before, just because of that. Haha, damn - Tool, and music in general, can make wonders!
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

Alvar

tool is religion

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

yeah. i instantly become a person's friend when they like the same music as me...

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Chrisbo

The majority of my best friends are best friends because of our initial conversations on music. Seeing as music's such a big thing in my life, it's something I always bring up when I meet people. Unless I'm fucked haha!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life