Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 18, 2005, 09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

10,000 Days was more of a let down than Deftones S/T.  The correct ranking for Tool albums is:

Aenima (5/5)
Lateralus (4.5/5)
Opiate (4.5/5)
Undertow (4/5)
10,000 Days (3.5/5)

Gaz

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Oct 07, 2006, 10:46 PM
10,000 Days was more of a let down than Deftones S/T.

I really, really disagree with that, 10,000 Days wasn't a let down at all.

Oldnewtype

10,000 days is entirely different from their other albums. thats why everyone hates it.

Just like Lateralus is entirely diffeent from the others, everyone loves it.

Gaz

Quote from: Oldnewtype on Oct 08, 2006, 03:56 PM
10,000 days is entirely different from their other albums. thats why everyone hates it.

Yeah, I think a lot of people were expecting Lateralus Part 2

10,000 Days still gets a lot of plays from me

rainnyx4

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Oct 08, 2006, 05:44 PM

I wasn't expecting Lateralus Part 2.  But that's in fact what we got.  Almost every song on 10,000 Days sounds like a different take on a song they already wrote, just not as good (Schism>Vicarious, Third Eye>Right In Two, etc.).  I actually read an interview where they said that a lot of the stuff on the album was stuff they had left over from Lateralus (b-sides anyone?).  Tool is a great band and one of my favorites but 10,000 Days was a huge stumble.  I think I only listened to it for like a week as a matter of fact.

You know, it's really strange.  Everyone I know in real life that listens to Deftones and Tool will always say that S/T and 10,000 Days were huge let downs.  But for some reason on this board these albums are always vehemently defended.

Cod

Going to see Tool for the second time in November.

one weak

i never listen to 10,000 days anymore. just doesn't fit with me.

deathblow

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Oct 08, 2006, 08:37 PM
Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Oct 08, 2006, 05:44 PM

I wasn't expecting Lateralus Part 2.  But that's in fact what we got.  Almost every song on 10,000 Days sounds like a different take on a song they already wrote, just not as good (Schism>Vicarious, Third Eye>Right In Two, etc.).  I actually read an interview where they said that a lot of the stuff on the album was stuff they had left over from Lateralus (b-sides anyone?).  Tool is a great band and one of my favorites but 10,000 Days was a huge stumble.  I think I only listened to it for like a week as a matter of fact.

You know, it's really strange.  Everyone I know in real life that listens to Deftones and Tool will always say that S/T and 10,000 Days were huge let downs.  But for some reason on this board these albums are always vehemently defended.

i respect your opinion,  but thirdeye and right in two??? explain how they are alike, i can play both , and not many similarities. right in two is much more simply structured .

neurotic

10 000 days wasn't a letdown at all.. I actually like most of the songs, but just have to be in the right mood for it...
...never trust the obvious...

deathblow

Quote from: neurotic on Oct 09, 2006, 11:48 AM
10 000 days wasn't a letdown at all.. I actually like most of the songs, but just have to be in the right mood for it...

werd....  i think rosetta stoned is one of their best creations ever, especially the climatic "overwhelmed as one would be .. "   its so amazing how well it all makes sense.

neurotic

I adore Right in two and Wings for Marie(both parts)... Just have to be in mood.. like for the most bands and most songs...
...never trust the obvious...

Moz La Punk

10,000 days is not my favourite Tool record by a long mile but I like it.

Chrisbo

Quote from: neurotic on Oct 09, 2006, 11:48 AM

Totally!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Alvar

in my opinion 10000 days is not as good as lateralus, but its still a great creation.

i love every single song on this album... jambi and 10000days are two of my favourite songs ever.

the only problem is that no song on this album- for me- didnt get me to the point where lateralus (the song) got me. it really makes you high.. like a berakout.

but its still a great album and for me was absolutely no letdown

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

333tone

it's the typical "last album" thing. everyone expected them to make a new lateralus, but they chose to make sth. different, and that was a let down for many who don't know that great bands create a different album(for tool, that is every 5 years!!)

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

Moz La Punk

Yeah this happens with so many bands. Deftones, Tool, Rancid, the Clash, Nine Inch Nails, I could go on.

333tone

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Oct 10, 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah this happens with so many bands. Deftones, Tool, Rancid, the Clash, Nine Inch Nails, I could go on.
go on then  ;D man, that guy that gets hit by the bus... fuck, that's so funny!  ;D ;D

If you think my castle  is built on sand, Well bring on the tides, You can fuck off and die. If you think my patience is ocean vast, Or river deep, You can fuck off and die.

siL.

Aenima/Undertow
10,000 days
Opiate

Chrisbo

^ not a fan of Lateralus, or you havent heard it?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

333tone

Lateralus probably is their most genious album to date. i love Aenima to death, probably more than La te ra lus but i think  that's the truth