Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

It's on Spotify but they're having problems with the digital copy of it. Songs cut out half way through according to the comments on Farcebook.

snw9

Im shocked this album almost made it all the way to its release date without a complete leak
Code: [Select]

decapod

Album is CRUSHING! Absolutely amazing.

nineteen

It's proper weird. So dark.

Still trying to fully understand the album. They still suffer from some 'lack of drums' in parts but the album is a monster.

nineteen

It's strangely addictive though.

deftoneseba

Not too active really, but here's a great place to "revive": http://whvnetc.proboards.com/index.cgi?
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

from_musings

i've just listened through this beast of a record 3 times but i think it's a fantastic record. gonna listen some more when my physical copy arrives. the record is dark as fuck and has a very doomish feel to it, even by their standards... it's like a black hole sucking in all the light in the surroundings. incredible atmosphere. favourites so far are the siege,urban agoge,midas secret and harvesting our burdens just to a name a few. it's the record straight from hell, all i see is flames before my eyes when i listen to these songs  10/10

Nebontha

This album is really good, wish I got a physical version of it, but the iTunes version suits my musical needs perfectly.  They don't sell WHVN albums up here in the great white north anyway.
The Heirophant wasn't bad, but Voir Dire just blows it away.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Martin

Can hardly wrap my head around the record; epic beyond limits.

Martin

Their show in London was amazing. Played the whole of 'Voir Dire' and a large selection of previous records (apart from the EP and 'The Hierophant'). Epic, intense, awesome.

snw9

Quote from: Martin on Nov 17, 2011, 02:04 PM
Their show in London was amazing. Played the whole of 'Voir Dire' and a large selection of previous records (apart from the EP and 'The Hierophant'). Epic, intense, awesome.

Any vids?Setlist?
Code: [Select]

Martin

Setlist...started out with the whole of 'Voir Dire' and then I don't know the exact order but; SHR, Saga, Carpe Diem, Dressed In Nights Clothes, Miguel..., Fresno, If She Could Speak, Slopez, I've Seen My Fate, Ego's Game (I think, don't know for sure), Baseball Theory and Foreign Films.
Couple of video's on YouTube, search for willhaven and select uploaddate.

http://youtu.be/AdLYnjeQxRs

defsteve

Quote from: Martin on Nov 17, 2011, 02:04 PM

Agreed,
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

nineteen

Yeah, was an awesome show. Heavy as fook.

I loved it when they played Baseball Theory

defsteve

Limited Vinyl Release Of 'Voir Dire'

http://holyroarrecords.com/#/

This is available for preorder right now on our store with free instant download (no waiting!) in the following variations (500 pressed in total) -

100 on Transparent red with black haze vinyl
150 on Red/orange sunset vinyl
250 on Yellow glitter vinyl

Press on this record already - 5k live review, sold out Islington Academy show, 4/5 Big Cheese album review, 8/10 Rock Sound review, 4/5 Terrorizer review...the list goes on.

Having first seen Will Haven when i was 14 years old, supporting Deftones, I can honestly say this is an honour. Will Haven opened the door for me to so much hardcore and weirder types of metal. Without them I doubt i would be releasing some of the records I do on Holy Roar and nor would some of the bands you like sound the way they do without them! I urge you to check this out if you are unfamiliar! Props to Bieler Bros. for being so awesome to work with on this release.

£12 each. Or all 3 coloured variants for £30!  ;D

defsteve

3xlp bundle SOLD OUT!
Transparent yellow glitter vinyl LP
Red/orange sunrise vinyl LP
Transparent red w/black haze vinyl LP SOLD OUT!

Martin

Wow, just ordered the red with black haze in time then. Phew!

Martin

They're working on new material, just can't find the message about that. Mike Martin play bass at the date in Sacramento (July 27th) and the Hefy festival in the UK.
Sideproject started; Goodbye Black Skye http://xgoodbyeblackskyx.blogspot.nl/2012/06/goodbye-black-sky-is-new-project.html.

tarkil

Hey Tuck my man !!! VERY long time now see... How are you doing ? Still big in Will Haven I can see....    :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

from_musings

Quote from: Martin on Jul 13, 2012, 04:59 PM
They're working on new material

this is great news, i'm not even tired of the last record yet